Sequel: Act of Kindness
Status: Completed- So go read the sequal!! Please! :)

Life Coach

Chapter 9

"I think it's time for another beer!" Patrick announced to the giant crowd of people. I shook my head. That would be his third beer...in an hour. I'm gonna have to cut him off at some point.

The party had only been going for a little over an hour. I knew there was going to be a lot of people but I didn't realize Pat invited everyone in the city of Buffalo. And I didn't know anyone. I mean, besides the team, I didn't know anyone. Pat introduced me to the team since they arrived before the party started. They all seemed nice but a little strange too. I couldn't put my finger on it though.

Right now, I was playing hostess for a party that wasn't even mine. I picked up trash, refilled food and drinks, and babysat Patrick as he freely drank his brains out, "Where's Kaner?" Brent Seabrook asked. I nodded my head in the direction of Pat laughing and drinking with a group of puck sluts. "Same old Kaner. So how exactly did you and Kaner meet? He didn't really explain it well." He asked opening a beer.

"We met at the awards, then saw each other the next day. We kind of hit it off I guess."

"Hmm, that's interesting. He doesn't usually stay in contact with the chicks he sleeps with." He said with a small laugh.

"Um...we haven't slept together." I told him. His eyes widened as his face looked nervous, "It's alright. You didn't know."

"He doesn't have many just friend as girl things."

"Yeah, he told me that."

"You must be special then. Tazer had some nice things to say about you." A smirk on his lips. I raised my eyebrow at him but didn't get the chance to reply back due to Patrick's obnoxious talking, "Kara! Can you get me another beer?" Great. Now I'm a waitress. But I just rolled my eyes, grabbed a beer, and handed Pat his drink.

No thank you. No acknowledgement. No nothing.

Fuck him. I'm done. I'm done keeping this party going or whatever Pat's not doing. I stormed off towards the lake away from the noise, away from the people, and away from Patrick Kane.

What am I doing here? To think that I was nothing more than just another one of his teammates or something. He was completely different from before. When he's around, alcohol, his friends, and boobs he does a complete 180. Where was the guy that wanted to hang with me? The one that drove to Syracuse to find me and bring me back to Buffalo? Since his party started, the only thing he's said to was "Can you get me a beer?" Maybe this wasn't what I thought it was.

"You like you need one of these?" I laughed.

"Whoa Captain Serious, giving alcohol to someone under aged can get you in trouble."

"I won't tell you if you don't." I smiled, "Thanks" And took the beer, "You enjoying the party?" i asked taking a sip.

"It's nice to see the guys again but...I've been to better parties. You?" I shrugged and looked back at the party where Patrick was now dancing with two girls. "He doesn't know what he's missing." Jon said.

"It's his party. He can do whatever he wants. I don't care." I tried to avoid Jon's eyes because I know that he knows that I'm lying. I do care...a lot.

"Then if you don't care then you wouldn't mind dancing with me." He said offering his hand. I smiled, "Captain Serious can cut loose?"

"When I want too." I laughed and took his hand. A good group of people were crowding the back deck dancing. Jon pushed his way towards the center, wrapping his arm around my waist, pulling me closer then I ever imagined I'd be to Jonathon Toews. Our hips easily got into the groove of the fast music, "Well Mr. Toews, if hockey doesn't work out, you could always become a dancer."

"Are you making fun of me?" He tried to pout, but he couldn't hide that smile.

"You'll never know." I answered taking a drink, "But do you really dance like this or are you trying very hard to dance like a human?"

"You are very mean." He joked putting his other arm on the small of my back, resting his head in the crook of my neck. When I could finally look over Jonathon's tall stature, my eyes connected with a familiar blue ones glaring at me. Even though he had two busty blondes crawling all over him, there was no happiness present on his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short. It's kind of a part 1 thing. The next one will be up soon, just been busy with work.
I do really appreciate the comments though. They make me look like this --> :D haha

I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it. Thanks!