Time Always Runs Out

I am a coward

The old woman's obituary was in the paper, just like all the others. Complete with a picture, and a brief look at her life. I looked out the window in history, and saw the old man sitting on the bench in the park, where I watched him and his wife love each other just a week before. The look of complete sorrow on his face rose a lump in my throat, and i looked away. I looked over to the girl whose time kept getting shorter and shorter. She smiled at me. No matter what i did, what i said, it was like she couldn’t be daunted by me. The bell rang, and I stood, moving quickly out of the room.

“Um....” The girl stopped me from leaving the room, and asked,

“Do you think, maybe, you would like to go to the movies with me later tonight?” The lump rose again, and i looked down.

“What passably makes you think, that i would want to go out with you?” I said, in the nastiest tone i could manage. She looked taken aback slightly, hurt by my cruel worlds, but somehow, she kept her slight smile.
“Oh. Um, I just thought....” I didn’t let her finish, i just shoved past her, walking into the hall, to my locker, where i pulled out my bag, and went home. Life never ceases to make things so hard for me.
The next day, school was cancelled. Rain fell from the sky, as everyone morned the loss of a student. The girl whose time was short, was cut even shorter. She stayed home that night, and forgot to lock the doors. A man entered her house, and raped, and killed her. So many people mourned over her death; Her parents, her friends, her teachers.
I now realized, that because of what i didn’t do, she was killed earlier then she should have been. Because i was a coward, afraid of getting hurt. In a way, I had killed her. I went home that night, went into my room, and hurt; I cried. I had still been hurt by someone i tried not to care about. We humans are so frail. We all live, and we all die. Time always runs out, eventually, it always runs out.
♠ ♠ ♠
COMPLETED =D YAY