Status: I love comments :)

How to Save a Life

Waking up

Emily’s Point Of View

I could finally see things clearly. Hear everything again. Move normally. It was nice to finally be able to. I hate being drugged.

Peter was nice. He wasn’t like Zane. He cooked me a hot meal. Pancakes and warm syrup. He changed the gaze. He even made a small conversation with me.

Really, he looked a lot like Zane. He just had shorter hair. Lighter eyes. His skin was lighter as well. You could tell in a split second that he was Zane’s brother.

“I’m sorry he did this to you. You seem like a sweet girl. You don’t deserve to be held captive.” He sighed. Watching me slowly eat. “He doesn’t hurt you does he?”

“No. He’s not like that.” I mumbled. Pushing my hair back with my fingers.

“Good. Your roots are really growing in.” He chuckled. Leaning over my to pick at my dark brown roots. “I think I had a dark red hair dye that was never used. If Zane doesn’t mind I could fix it up for you.”

“That would be very nice of you.” I hummed. It’d be nice to have my hair fixed. It doesn’t look right now. You can really tell I haven’t dyed my hair in a year. “But you’ve already been doing so much.”

“Oh darling, its no worry. I’d like to show you that not everyone in this family is a weird creep. I wish I could get him to take you home. You deserve to get home to your family.” I felt myself bite my lip.

“I don’t have a family. Now that I really think about it, I would’ve have anywhere to go if he got rid of me. He’s right, I wouldn’t stand a chance.” I really hated to admit that. But because of him I never finished high school. I can’t get a job. I have no where to sleep. No food to eat. I’d give myself two weeks maximum. “I guess he’s my lifeline.”

“Makes sense that you could believe that. You’ve been with him for so long, Stockholm Syndrome. You have been with him for a year.”

“What’s that?”

“It is a condition experienced by some people who have been held as hostages for an extended time in which they begin to identify with and feel sympathetic toward their captors.” He explained. Picking at his own pancakes now.

A sound of feet brushing on the floor behind us caught our attention. A woman, a little taller then me. Looking about three years older then me. A baby bump was covered in a oversized sweatshirt. There was a pair of basketball shorts on her legs. She was pretty. The blond hair atop her head really brought out her brown eyes. I could see why he loved this girl.

“Natalie, I’m sorry if Zane woke you.” Peter stood up. Walking over to her and kissing her. Holding her in his arms. “He brought his girlfriend with him, this is Emily.” She waved. “Emily, this is Natalie.” I waved as well. Then brought my hand down to rub at the gaze. It really was annoying. “Is Zane still in the other bedroom?”

“No.” She answered. “Is she okay?”

“Oh ya, its just a little frostbite.” I insured. Zane entered the room as well. Shirtless and dripping wet. I’ll admit it, he was down right sexy. Six pack, and some nice biceps.

“I locked her outside on accident.” Zane covered up everything perfectly. He was just to good at that. He walked over to me and stole Peter’s old spot. Watching me a little closely. It made me think that he was looking for something that was wrong. “I feel horrible about it. Sorry Peter, I stole the shower for a few minutes.”

“Come on I told you to use the computer not-” Peter was cut off by Natalie.

“Its fine Zane. You can use anything you like. Don’t worry about it, Peter’s just on the edge.” She insured. Pulling away from him. “I’ll just make some more pancakes.” Peter seemed to be rolling his eyes at her, but he still let her do what ever she wanted to do.

She padded across the wooden floor. Looking sort of fragile against the pale yellow walls.

Peter smirked a bit to himself. “God, I love that woman.”

“I heard that.” She giggled. “Love you too.”

Later that day Zane and I were alone again. It was after Peter fixed my hair, and Natalie found me some of her old clothes. But finally Zane and I were sitting in front of the fire place. Warming up. Natalie and Peter left for an ultrasound and we were left here. Zane threw another log in then turned to me.

“I’m thankful that you never told anything to Natalie. She’s completely in the dark about our family. Peter works hard to keep her like that. He loves her to much to expose her to us.” He informed. “He thinks that she has a horrible life with him, he doesn’t want to make it any worse.”

“Are they married?” Feeling stupid that I asked it. He had said he got his girlfriend pregnant earlier. I had heard it.

“No, but they are going to be soon I believe. Once the baby is born. He just has to get the money around to give her a nice wedding. Of course she’d rather not have a wedding. She knows he doesn’t have the money to pay for it. But he doesn’t listen to her. He wants her to live a normal life. Big wedding, nice house, happy family.” Zane explained.

He was making it sound like Peter loved Natalie. I was happy about that. I guess I really am a hopeless romantic. It was nice to see a copal that loved each other that much. I was proud of them. I just want a love like that. Someone whose sweet, and caring. Not someone I have to runaway from. Who I’m afraid of. I don’t want to live my life afraid.

“Zane, I want to go home.” I mumbled. Feeling a wave of depression over flow me.

His lips pursed. “God, Emily! Give it up already! I told you no and I always will! You are not leaving me!”

I froze a bit. “Not Arizona. I want to go home that that stupid little shack. I hate to admit it, but I kind of miss my little cell thing.”

His head shook a little bit. “Your little cell thing. For heaven’s sake Emily, that thing was a mattress on the ground with the worlds tiniest bathroom. You didn’t have room to walk, let alone life a life. Heck you had so little exercise that I’m surprised you can walk.”

“Actually, I can’t really. It took everything I had to run.” I admitted.

“Ya, I know. I watched remember?” He stood up. “We can’t go back there and you know it. It kind of hurts me to know that you want to go back there. I know that the only real reason why is so that you can get found. You know the cops are going there. I can’t believe you even have the guts to tell me this.” He growled. Looking down at me. He was getting the wrong message. It might cost me.

“I forgot about the cops, Zane. How do you think it makes me feel out here in the quote quote real world. It’s scary okay. I’ve never really been a people person. It’s scary to me.” I snapped.

His face softened. Almost in regret. “Emily, you need to stop being such a lair.” Then he slapped me. More then once.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ya I know, BAD ZANE lol
Don't be a silent reader :)
Hope you love it.
Song of the chapter Toy Soldier by; Keri Hilson