Status: I love comments :)

How to Save a Life

Pudding!

Zane hadn't spoken to me since we pulled away from the expressway exit. That was about an hour ago. Really all he was doing was looking firmly out the window, clutching his fingers tightly to the steering wheel. His teeth looked like they were griding together. It didn't look comfortable.

Really, I feel bad for him. He works so hard to keep himself hidden and his stepfather gets him found every time. If there wasn't a hunt for his step father all the time, Zane would be safe and hidden. We wouldn't have to worry about anything.

"Zane?" I whispered. Slowly sliding across the middle seat to tuck my face against his neck. It was so warm and soft that I never wanted to pull away. I found myself breathing in his woody sent.

He sighed. I could feel the muscles in his neck relax against my nose. "It's going to be fine. They won't find her body." He informed. Almost seeming to coxe himself.

"What'd you do with it?" I whispered. Pulling away a bit to plant a gentle kiss on his cheek. His eyes glanced over at me for a moment.

"I don't want to tell you." He hummed. Turning back to the road. "Its really mean."

"What'd you do?"

"...I dug a hole about twelve feet. Buried her underneath the forest so no one would look there. I had to dig for a long time. I also....maybe doused her in some acid I bought. Hoping that maybe she'd dissolve. But I mad sure she wasn't close enough to the shack if someone did go looking." He explained. "I feel horrible about doing that to my mother, but that's the only thing I could think of to where they would never find her."

"You could've let her kill me. It would've saved you some trouble." I felt myself shrink into his side. Just glad he didn't let her kill me. He saved my life, I thank him for that.

"Ya I could've, but then I wouldn't have you right now. I'd be lonely again, I would've never found out what love was." He looked around until he found a wal-mart sign. Then he fallowed the arrows to it. "If you are hungry we could find something cheep for dinner. We're going to stay here until about nine o'clock. I'm tired and I shouldn't be driving. I would let you, but I know that you never got to get your lenience because of me."

I smirked a bit at the thought of him getting us something cheep for lunch. "Hey Zane...." I looked up at him with a smile on my face. He chuckled when he understood what I wanted for dinner. You can't cook anything in the truck so my plan was perfect, it just wasn't the healthiest. "Pudding is cheep."

"Ya, and so are chips but I don't let you live off from those now do it?" He laughed. Pulling in to the parking lot and parking by a bunch of RVs that contained sleeping people inside. "I was thinking more along the lines of some made up sandwiches."

"But pudding is cheaper." I urged. "You know I am talented enough to eat it without a spoon."

"Ya, and spill it all over our bed." He joked. Turning off the engine and opening the door. A whole whopping gust of icy air burst into the cabin. I duck against his rib cage. Shielding myself against it. "Maybe I'll get you some, if they are cheep and only if you you promise me that you'll eat what ever we find for dinner. Okay?"

"Deal." I smiled. He slipped out side and held the door. Waiting for me to jump out and duck underneath his arm again. "When we get to Florida I'm going to lay in the sun until I forget what cold feels like." I demanded.

He chuckled again. "I can see you doing that."

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder for a quick hug then kissed the side of my head. Smirking against it. Before I knew what was happening he took off. Leaving me standing by the truck. Running toward the doors of the 24-hour Wal-Mart. Stunned I took off after him. Scared of the dark. Heck, if Zane can steel me away I don't want to know what some person lurking around in the dark could do.

Zane was so much faster then me. He chuckled when he reached the doors and found me still in the half way point of the parking lot. Running as fast as I passably could, which was stumbling really.

"You're a wimp!" He called. I could hear his laughter. "Come on, it's freezing out here!"

"Shut up!" I gasped. Finally reaching him within and good two minutes. He laughed again when he realized I was gasping for air. That was actually hard for me. "I'm so out of shape."

"I'll say, maybe you shouldn't get pudding." He joked. Walking into the store. The automatic doors waited for me until I crossed through then. Then they slammed closed. Sealing out all the cold air.

"You just made me run around the parking lot." I demanded. "I need that pudding to survive."

The greeter chuckled at us before finally saying her words. "Welcome to Wal-Mart. Can I point you to anything."

"Ya the pudding." I giggled. Zane's eyes just rolled and he pulled me into the store. Instantly walking over to the bakery section. I fallowed quickly. Kind of skipping. "This place got bigger."

"Maybe you just don't remember it being this big." He smirked. Walking up to the lady behind the bakery counter. She smiled at him and walked over to where we were standing. "Hello, I was wondering if you had some made up sandwiches?"

"Ya. Five dollars for a package of three. We have turkey, ham, or baloney." She informed. Yummy, turkey. "Or I can make you up some for six."

"Is there a pack with all three?" He wondered out loud. Looking at me for a second. "I'm guessing you want the turkey one?" I nodded eagerly. "If there isn't we'll just take the turkey one."

"You'll be getting the turkey one then." She sounded kind of grumpy. But I just disregarded it. When she turned to go get the package out of the cooler, Zane turned to me.

"Since I didn't know you were allergic to that medicine that you told the doctor, are you allergic to anything else?"

"Ya, bees and bush daises." I informed. "I thought you knew about that. You knew about everything else."

"I don't know everything about you. Just all the need to knows." He turned back to the counter and handed the lady a five. She handed him the food then we turned away.

He was nice to me and bought me a single chocolate pudding on account that he got a bite. Then he bought the cheapest water he could passably find. If dinner was going to be like this every night, we are going to run out of options.