Status: I love comments :)

How to Save a Life

Good Times Always Have Bad Endings

“I’m going to be back in a second.” Zane announced, opening the tail gate at the back window. Slipping out then watching me move to sit on the tail gate. Still shivering, and feeling as if I was coming down with a cold. Which wouldn’t surprise me of course, my immune system wasn’t in tune to the cold weather yet. I’m not sure it will ever be. “Can I trust you without locking you up in here?”

“Ya.” I hummed. “Where are you going? It’s freezing and there is nothing around here.” It did concern me. There was no where he could go, we are in the middle of the woods. I know he can hold his own, but I don’t stand a chance if something happened when he was gone.

“I’ll only be a second.” He chuckled. “I have to use the bathroom if you must know. I would use a toilet but there isn’t one anywhere close. Don’t worry I’ll be right back.”

I nodded and he started walking behind the trees, it wasn’t long before he was out of my sight. My eyes scanned the road that we had be dumped off from. A car was barreling down it. A sleek black Mercedes. That didn’t make any sense to me, if we couldn’t travel on this road how could this tiny car? But the back of my brain was thankful, maybe they had a cell phone and could call a tow for us.

As if they were reading my mind, they pulled as far over as they could. I strained to see what they were doing inside their car, but the tinted windows made it impossible. The only thing I could make out was that they were pulling something out of their glove box. Hopefully to get their cell phone.

The door opened and a jean covered leg appeared, then a body. Who I seen stunned me enough to scramble back inside the truck and struggle to get into the cabin. But the window just wouldn’t budge. I found myself screaming Zane’s name. But that person still grabbed my ankle and began dragging me out of the truck. Zane’s step father dragged me out of the truck. Tossing me into the snow and placing a foot over my rib cage to stop my struggles. But my lungs still screamed for Zane. Eventually I could hear him screaming back. But he was farther away then I had originally assumed. His step father pressed down on my ribs more, leaving them aching in pain. My cries stopped and were replaced by wheezes for air.

“Shut up you dumb girl.” He hissed. Looking back to the woods until we both seen a silhouette of Zane running towards the truck full speed. He froze when he seen who it was that was holding me to the ground. “Hello Zane.” He pressed down onto my ribs until a sickening snap was heard over my screams. I knew he had broken one, there was no doubt that. Actually I wouldn’t be surprised if there was more then one, but the sheering pain now seeping throughout my body prevented me from truly knowing. Zane suddenly started yelling. But I was crying so loud I could only make out some of it.

“Let…Go…What…Hell…Jerk!” I’m not sure what he was saying. But right now I truly don’t car, I just want this stupid prick to get off from me. More pressure was placed onto my rib cage, sending more shrieks and screams out of my chest. “Stop!”

Out of the corner of my eye I seen Zane start to move towards us again, so I began wiggling. Ignoring my pain, just wanting to get away. What I didn’t expect was the gun shot. But I didn’t feel any pain. At first I though he had shot Zane, until I started seeing a deep red color start to flood out of my stomach. Zane started screaming my name, but I couldn’t really hear him. I couldn’t feel anything either, everything was going numb.

When Zane shoved his step father off from me I couldn’t feel a thing. Pain was gone, and it actually felt as if I was drugged again. But I was smart enough to know that my body was just blacking out the pain and slowly passing out.

The car the his step father came in suddenly sped away and Zane was leaning over me. Pulling my head into his lap. Eyes filling with tears.

“Emily stay awake!” He demanded. Pulling my hair out of my face, and pressing his hand against what I assumed was the bullet wound. Actually I was thankful I couldn’t feel anything, I have no desire to feel that pain. But when Zane realized that I couldn’t feel anything. He pressed a bit harder. Looking for a reaction, frowning when he found that he wasn’t getting one. “Oh god, stay awake. That’s all you have to do for me, okay? Stay awake.”

“Zane…” I found myself whispering quietly. Not sure what I was trying to tell him. Maybe I just wanted to say his name. To feel it lift from my lips once more. My eyes lids began to get heavy. Was I dying? I don’t want to die. A few tears found their way into my big doe brown eyes. He looked down at me with a terror filled face.

“Don’t you dare leave me. You stay awake!” He growled. Picking me up and rushing both of us the driver’s side of the truck. I didn’t last long when he finally got us inside of it. The last thing I remember was the truck revving as Zane desperately tried to get it out of the snow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Du Du Du Da lol

Don't be a silent reader

Song of the chapter Ghost Of You By: My Chemical Romance :)