Status: I love comments :)

How to Save a Life

You lied to me?

Emily’s Point Of View

My heart broke inside of my chest as I seen a broken Matt wheeling in a wheel chair to me. A smile plastered on his face, on mine as well. He was alive, why did Zane lie to me?

“Oh Emily.” He smiled. Pulling my hand into his. His hand was ice cold, and shaky. Was he nervous? “I missed you so much.”

“You’re alive.” I felt my smile grow. Happiness was overfilling my body. I have never felt like this before, this is so amazing, my best friend-the only friend I have ever had besides Zane- is alive. I have spent countless hours worrying about him, and he’s right here in front of me now. A couple tears filled my eyes, all I could think right now was that he was alive. I don’t care about how he got into that wheel chair, I don’t care that I haven’t seen him in so long, Matt is alive and in my sights.

“So are you.” He smirked, looking like he was ready to cry as well. He leaned over to me and pressed his lips to my cheek. “I was so worried about you.” My cheek tingled a bit when he pulled away, feeling a little guilty. Zane was my boyfriend, and its going to stay that way. I don’t care what happens, I love him. What ever it takes to stay with him is what I am going to do. Right now, I don’t even care that he lied to me. All I want to know is why? Why would he lie to me?

“Zane told me you died crashing your car.” I whimpered. His hand tightened around mine.

“I almost did, he saved me.” He admitted. With his free hand he started patting his right leg. “When I crashed the car I broke both of my legs, and the car was on fire so I couldn’t get out at all. Zane was driving back to that house he was keeping you in, I was so close to finding you and I think he knew that. He saw my car and pulled me out before I got burned to death in that stupid thing, then he brought me back to the house. My legs could’ve been saved if he brought me to the hospital, but he as scared and I don’t blame him for doing what he did. His mom took care of me, I remember that much because she did something to my legs and I remember trying to figure out why I couldn’t feel anything below my knees. He was there with me everyday, just talking, telling me about you. He said you were sick, and every time you ate something you were throwing it up. I don’t know why I recall that, I think it was because I was so scared for you. Why are you going to stay with him?”

My jaw dropped at that statement. Zane took care of him, if he is telling me the truth then Zane was no more then nice to him. Why was he dissing him? “How could you ask me that? I love him, that’s why.” I whispered. Zane suddenly walked through the door, glaring at Matt. Did he just hear the conversation. “You lied to me.” This was meant to Zane, he looked at me for a second then back to Matt.

“You can’t upset her.” He growled. Sounding like he didn’t want me to know all of that stuff. But I guess I really needed to know this, I want to know why he lied to me. “She’s resting, will you please come back tomorrow?”

“Sorry.” Matt sighed, letting go of my hand and wheeling backwards. Stopping at Zane for a moment, looking at him for a moment but leaving when he was granted with another glare.
“I lied to you because I didn’t want you to run away anymore.” He mumbled, walking to me and sitting at my side. Stretching an arm over my waist, leaning down and kissing my forehead. “You were running because you had thought that life would be better with him, but every time you tried you just put yourself in more danger. I don’t want to loose you, Emily. You are everything to me.”

“I’m not leaving.” I promised. Tilting my head up to him, forcing his lips on my forehead again since they were just two inches from my forehead still. He was to worried to look me in the eye, he is to scared I’m going to leave him when all of this is over. “Tell me what you told Matt when you were helping him recover. What did you tell him about me?”

“You’re not angry with me?” He hummed. Finally lifting his head to look at me. His eyes were filled with relief, and joy. My head shook, I understood why he lied to me. He was just trying to protect my life, to keep me at his side. To be honest, it showed me how much he loved me. Just the fact the he lied to protect me was kind of romantic, at least it is to me. “You’re incredible. Fine, I’ll tell you. Remember the little games we use to play, where I would let you run?”

“Ya, it was very confusing to me.” I hummed. Forcing my hand to come up and pull him down next to me. Granted it hurt like hell, but I don’t care right now. After he explains this to me I’ll have him get the nurse for me that will give me fore of the medication that makes everything feel numb. It let me sleep painlessly.

“Well I know you thought I wasn’t feeding you because I was made at you, but it was really because you were sick. The flu I believe, but every time I fed you the food showed up again within a couple minutes. You would puke it up then cry for an hour straight, I didn’t want to hear it anymore. I don’t think I left the door of your bedroom until you stopped, to tell you the truth it scared me half to death. I was afraid you were dying or something. I stopped feeding you because I didn’t want you to cry anymore, I just wanted you to get better. That’s all I was talking to him about, really I was just trying to figure out what my next step was.” He explained, curling up at my side, ever so gently stroking my stomach. “Just like I’m doing now, I don’t know how I’m going to support you. The medication you are going to need, food, shelter. We are going to have a hard time until you are healed. But I am going to take care of you, I can’t let you get hurt on my account anymore. I love you to much, I thought you were going to die in that truck. There was so much blood.” He shuddered. Leaning his face against my hair, starting to shake. “You passed out and were barely breathing, I swear I was having a panic attack. We were lucky that cop was trailing my step father. You wouldn’t have held on much longer, what kept you holding on?”

“I remember you, telling me not to go to sleep. Then I remember thinking that it was odd that I couldn’t feel anything. But after that everything is black.” I informed. Pressing my hand to his chest. Wincing a bit. “Will you get the nurse?”

“Why, are you hurting?” He questioned. Instantly up and walking across the room, turning back to me before he left. “I love you, Emily. I’m so glad you held on, I don’t know what I would ever do without you. You remember the first night I took you?” I nodded, wondering why he would bring that up. “I’ve always taken care of you Emily, I don’t plan to stop anytime soon.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw :)
Please don't be a silent reader :)

How do you like the new layout?

Song of the chapter DJ Got Us Falling In Love Again by Usher Lol don't judge it was the first thing that popped into my head.