Status: I love comments :)

How to Save a Life

New Home

It was a month before I was allowed to leave that hospital room. But it was only a week after my therapist visit until they drugged me up enough to allow me to walk around. So technically I could leave my room before that month was up, so let me rephrased myself when I say allowed to leave the room, I meant the entire hospital. I was surprised when they told me I would walk around the hospital, that meant Zane could take me to lunch in the cafeteria when ever he wanted. So truth be told, I didn’t mind staying there after I was allow to leave that bed. But right now, I’m ecstatic that I get to leave that place with him now.

We have an apartment now, and he got a job. It was nice to know that we are safe now. The cops got our last names changed for real and Zane got a new license so that his step father couldn’t find us. The police have yet to find him, so I am a little weary to be out of the safety of the hospital. But I have faith that Zane can protect me, its not like we are going to get stuck in a ditch down here. Not to mention I know to run now if I see anything that could possible be him.

Zane reached over and cupped my cheek in his palm. Running his thumb over my cheek bone. I smiled and leaned into it. Slipping into the middle seat to tuck myself against him rib cage.

The light turned green and he took off. Wrapping an arm around my shoulder. He was warm, and it felt nice compared to the rainy stormy Florida day.

“You’ll like our new home. It isn’t as small as that trailer, and its very pretty colors. Our room is a pale brown, and the kitchen is all dark red. I’m sure you become accustom to it quite soon. Plus we’ve got money now, I got you tons of pudding.” He informed. Nuzzling my hair for a second that pulling into a parking compound. There was about ten cars in the parking spaces and it looked like you were supposed to take an elevator up to the rooms which to me looked like they all had balconies, huge ones. “Not to mention they have camera’s on every inch of this parking lot and the elevator. No matter what they take a picture on every license plate they goes through here, and they have workers around twenty four seven. You and I will be quite safe here. I work first shift at the factory so I leave at about seven thirty and get home at about three. We can live normally now.”

“Zane, I love you.” I hummed. Leaning up to kiss the underside of his chin. Making him shiver a little but with pleasure. “Can we watch a movie tonight, and will you sleep with me?”

“Of course I’m going to sleep with you, where do you want me to sleep? The couch?” He chuckled. Pulling into a parking spot and turning off the freshly cleaned truck.

“We have a couch?” I questioned, astounded. He chuckled again, then nodded.

“It came furnished, love. We have everything. Even a computer with internet, you can do what ever you want on there because that’s free and we have netflex, so endless movies and everything. I tried to tell you that you would love it.” He laughed opening the door and jumping out. Turning back for me.

I was still slow with moving but I couldn’t help be jump into his arms and wrap my legs around his waist. He caught me and wrapped his arms around my back. Holding me up and kissing my cheek.

“I know for sure that I love you.” I hummed. Leaning into kiss him. “I’m glad we can be alone again, I’m not a very social person.”

“Ya, I know. I think that’s probably my fault.” He smirked. Beginning to walk us to the elevator. I still smiled and clutched myself to him. Kissing his neck. “Hm, its good to have you home.”
~Flash-forward~

I awoke the next morning to a pair of lips on my forehead. Te blanket tightened around me. Pulling it around my bare shoulders. Then a hand pressed to my rib cage. Gently pressing down on it, trying to find out if it still hurt maybe.

“Mh, Zane?” I whispered. Opening my eyes and stretched away from his hands to I could look at him. His hair was still wild, but he was wearing a blue jumper with a patch that said Zane on it. He smiled at me and leaned in to kiss my forehead once more. “Are you going to work?”

“Ya. You should go back to sleep and take a nice shower then make us something nice for lunch?” He hummed. Petting my hair back.
“Do you want me to burn down the house?” I giggled. Snuggling against the soft pillows.

“I know, I know.” He chuckled. “I just meant sandwiches.”

“Okay.” A light yawn escaped my lips and I tucked myself further underneath the blanket. “Love you.”

He ran his thumbs over my eye lids to gently shut them, and then he stood up and turned on the fan in the side of the room. Clicking off the light. “I love you as well.” He shut the door, and it wasn’t long until the front door clicked close and lock.

Once I was alone I found myself re-opening my eyes and slipping on some clothing before I walked to our bathroom. It had white and black checkered tile flooring, and then it had pure white paint on the walls. Zane said something about it being old, but I thought is was cute.

After using that bathroom, I moved over to floor length mirror. Pulling up my shirt and staring at the scars. One was a white circle, completely filled in with my now snow white scar tissue that covered the wound. The next scar was a long scar that ran completely across my torso.

I ran my fingers over it, finding it to be the tad bit ticklish. “Well these are so attractive.” I sighed. Slipping the shirt down then padding back to the bed. Climbing back underneath the blankets and inhaling Zane’s sent before falling asleep yet again.