Status: I love comments :)

How to Save a Life

Ask me!

Zane’s Point Of View

I smiled to myself when I walked through the front door of our apartment. Emily was finally home with me and it made me feel so happy. I couldn’t stand knowing that she was in that hospital without me being there for her the whole time. I was afraid to keep her there, sure there was a ton of cops there but for some reason I felt she was safer with me there. Though I should never reel like that because I was the one who allowed her to get hurt. I was there when she was shot, and I didn’t stop him. I saw the gun and I was still standing in the same spot when she was shot. I didn’t move when I heard her screams of pain when he broke her ribs. Honestly, I’m useless. I;m so thankful that she has stayed with me and still loves me.

When she told me that she wanted a family with me, I swear I almost started jumping up and down with excitement. It made me want a family with her so much more. Sure I was considering it before, but when I knew that she wanted one as well my feelings grew tremendously. Now everyday I wake up thinking about having a family with her. I imagined little toddles running around this apartment, and I even imagined waking up next to Emily and being able to stroke a growing belly-maybe even feeling a kick of a little friend inside. The whole idea excited me.

I pulled off my boots and quietly walked to the bedroom. Wondering why she wasn’t exploring the apartment. I didn’t think that she could possibly still be sleeping at one thirty. Though when I opened the bedroom door, Emily was curled up on my side of the bed, wearing a pair of my pajamas. A chuckle escaped my lips and I walked over to the bed. Laying down next to her and pulling her body close to mine.

She moaned a bit then opened her eyes. Jerking up and looking at the clock. “Oh shoot! I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to sleep this long.”

“Well we had a long night last night.” I chuckled. “Don’t worry about it.” I gently pulled her into a kiss. Holding the ball of her head to keep her there. She kissed back and wrapped her arms around my neck. “Mh, you love me right?”

“I love you with all my heart, why would you ever ask me such a thing?” She scolded. Hugging me closer.

“Just thinking out loud.” I admitted. “Remember when you asked me about having children together?” She nodded, and loosened her grip a little bit. “I think I really want some.”

“Yes, but you told me we should wait, and I think you are right. Can we at least wait until your step father is caught. I want to know that we are completely safe before starting a family. Besides-”

“You didn’t let me finish, Emily. You might have ruined the moment.” I hissed. “Now I’m going to ask you later.”

Her eyes went wide. “Ask me what!” I had to hold back a laugh. She was right with assuming what I want to ask her. I have the money now, and I want her to marry me. “You can ask me, go on.” Her excitement made me laugh.

“No you ruined the moment, plus I gave myself away. It’s not the right feeling anymore.” I demanded. Her eyes gave away that I was annoying her. “Emily, I’m afraid if its not the right moment you are going to fell me no.”

“Zane if you ever think that I will tell you no again I’m going to knee you where the sun don’t shine. You know I love you and I would never have a reason to tell you no. No you ask me now.” She was really demanding today, but I honestly think it is because she is so excited, so it only made the whole situation more amusing.

“Fine. Marry me. I want you to be mine forever.”