Status: I love comments :)

How to Save a Life

Health Risks

He took a peek out of the elevator, glancing around. His hand tightened around mine when he decided that it was time to carefully step into the parking lot. Fear filled me once more. As he dragged me around, I found myself looking glancing around each car as we passed. Afraid that his step father would jump us.

The truck seemed to be a million miles away to me, but by the way Zane was walking we made it there within a minute. The first thing he did was drop down to look underneath it, checking for his step father- or maybe even a bomb of some sort.

When he found everything to be the way he left it, he began checking the inside. To me it felt like we were wasting time, that if he kept looking we’d end up with his step father right behind us as we sped out. He finally turned to me and opened the driver’s side door. Motioning for me to get it.

I found that I was shaking when I moved. It was hard to walk straight but I still found a way to climb inside and curl up in the middle seat. I focused on taking deep breaths and not freaking out. Honestly, if I could I would be tucked away in a corner somewhere balling my eyes out. This man was the definition of fear to me, I’ve never been more scared of anything. Even Zane, sure Zane scared me the first time he took me, but I grew use to him and fell in love with him. This man that was threatening ours lives now is someone you don’t realizes is a good person, you can tell he is a bad person from the first look. You can sense the danger, at first glace you body is already telling you to run.

“Don’t worry, we’re going to make it.” He promised, slamming the door close and starting the truck. The engine revved and he squealed out. Not bothering to stop for the guard at the door, but the cops probably warned him anyway. I strapped the seatbelt over my waist and tucked my knees against my chest. Trying to stop my shaking, Zane has us out of the apartment where his step father thought we were. We should be safe now, at least until we get out of town. You never know where this guy will be, I have a feeling he won’t be attacking us where a lot of people can see. Hopefully Zane takes the expressway. “I won’t let him hurt you again, he may have your medical records but he’s not going to use tem against us I-”

“What do my medical records have to do any of this?” I demanded. Turning to him in shock. Was there something that he could use against us.

“Oh Emily I wasn’t going to tell you. I didn’t think there would be a reason to.” He sighed. Trying to wrap an arm around me but I shrunk away, wanting to know what he was hiding from me. He sighed once more. “The doctor did tell you that your wounds are still fragile, correct.” I nodded. “Well he told me more. If you run you have a chance of starting a wound underneath your skin, meaning that you would have to have another surgery to repair the tissue once more, so no running around, no matter what. Also, you can’t get pregnant for a few months just for the same reason. It didn’t really matter to me before, but now that we’ve talked about having a family and since I’ve thought about it. I’ve just got to be more careful now. Also he said that you should do the best to stay healthy, just because your immune system is a little off because of all the medication you were put on in the hospital.” He informed. Glancing over at me for a moment. I didn’t really understand how he could use this against us, I also didn’t understand why Zane thought this was so bad. I couldn’t get sick, pregnant, or run. That’s it? “He will use this against you. If he gets you he will try to get you sick, and he will try to get you to run from him. Don’t give into him no matter what, Emily. He plays mind games.”

“Okay, do you honestly think that he is going to get to us?” I hummed. Afraid of the way that Zane was talking. If his step father is going to get to us, he makes it sound like he is going to go after me first. Which that makes sense to me. The guy hates me for some reason. Maybe it is because he knew that Zane saved me from his mother- this guys wife. It makes sense to me. He holds hard feelings, and I’m going to be the one stuck with the blame. Its not even Zane’s fault. Really he has himself to blame.

“He will try, but I’m never going to let him. Its my personal mission to keep you safe.” Zane made eye contact with me once more, could tell that he was telling the truth. He is like my guardian angel.
♠ ♠ ♠
yay don't be a silent reader please :)
The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus - Your Guardian Angel