Status: I love comments :)

How to Save a Life

Emily!

Zane’s Point Of View

Blood was the first thing I saw. It terrified me. There were drips of it in the pure white snow, hand prints of it on the trees. Who ever it belonged to was using the trees to hold them up when the felt as if they couldn't’t stand anymore.

To be honest, this worried me. I don’t know who this blood belongs to, if its Emily’s then she’s in bad shape. There was one shred of hope in my body that was still telling me that it’s the person trying to kill her, that she found something and wounded them with it. If that was the case then she is far ahead of them and maybe perfectly fine. The only bad thing about it was, I knew that was such a stupid thing to hope for. Emily isn’t the type of person who could land a hit even if she got the chance, it was foolish to hope for good when I know that the bad is about to shine in my face.

I picked up my speed and tried to follow each foot step, just begging that I get there in time.

Without Emily I am nothing, I have nothing to fight for. I need her to stay sane, to love, to just hold. Loosing her would not only devastate me, but it could quite possibly end my life. At least if I died, she could keep on living- or at least I hope so. But without her, I know I can’t handle it. I couldn’t really handle it before her, so I know for sure that if I lost her now I wouldn’t be surviving through it.

A loud squeal of pain echoed through the trees. I gasped and ran faster, trying desperately to hear of the sound of my racing heart. I felt the tears threaten to spill over in my eyes. Another squeal just about stopped my dead in my tracks. My mind was screaming for me to hurry, but all I could think about was getting there and seeing a mutilated dead Emily. I’m afraid to go there and find something like that.

“EMILY!?” I screamed in terror, watching the blood in the snow started to get bigger in puddles, and almost looked fresher. The only thing that told me that the person who was loosing the blood was alive, was the cries from pain. I still had a hope that it wasn’t Emily, but those cries were familiar, I’m not stupid- its her.

The foot prints curved a bit, then I realized that this path was similar to the path that she use to take when she was running from me during those tests. There was a old cave around here, she tried to hide in that all the time. To bad the snow prints gave her away, if those weren’t there that would’ve been a good idea. But I’m glad I realized this, because there’s a sort cut there. Chances are if I take the short cut I can either beat her there, of get to here fasted.

I decided that taking the short cut was my only chance to get to her before something happened that we couldn’t get back from. My body jumped onto a hill to my left, if I climbed it I might be able to see them., but its going to take me a minute to get to the top.

I clawed and dug my way up in, desperate to get there quickly. When I got to the top I found my self sighing in victory that I actually made it, but another cry brought me back to my true intention. I looked around quickly, still trying to follow the blood prints. I found that she really was trying to get to that small cave, but what I also seen was a black dressed figure running towards her. They were the only thing that told me she was near them, she had to be otherwise she wouldn’t be hurt. I also knew it was her, simply because the blood was still in the snow.

My eyes followed in front of the man, searching for her. But what I found left me begging that I didn’t look, that she had never met me, that she had been back in Florida where she was safe. In the snow was a lump, a lump that was dressed in a tan coat. I gasped. EMILY!
♠ ♠ ♠
The sequel, Been To Hell

Love you all!

Special thanks to Lady Of The Moon For commenting on just about every chapter

Shadow14 , for commenting on just about every chapter as well and just loving it no matter what :)

and ElliotsLove For giving me my first comment

Hope you all love the next one :)