Status: PAUSED

Dear Reader

15

By the time 11 rolled around, I had trained 20 kids (which earned me 400 bucks), tutored 16 (which earned me 160), and managed to get my sibs to fall asleep. At 11:30 Peter showed up apologizing for being late; Lark had told him only 20 minutes ago he had to come. I just nodded and woke up my sibs.

Jeremy climbed on my back, and Jesse clung to my leg and I picked up our things and begun to wobble to Peter. He took the bags from me (against my will), but I wouldn’t let him touch my lil’ twins. He nodded understandingly and walked in front of me while Mable screamed “good bye” and embarrassing things like “Your boyfriend’s cute!” and “He better treat you well or I’ll kill him! …no seriously, I’ve got a shovel in the back boy!”

Mable was a sweet 68 year old lady that could kick some serious butt and was my extremely fabulous boss, but at that moment, I wished I didn’t know her. I slapped my hand across my face embarrassed as I followed a chuckling Peter to his car. It was a big black jeep that had blue and silver flames at the side and in the flames read “Nerd mobile” in silver. I chuckled a little bit, and then noticed he was taking Jeremy off of me.

I glared at him and he whispered “I won’t do anything to them. You know that, don’t you?” I nodded reluctantly and he took Jeremy and strapped him in the back. Then he picked up Jesse and did the same.

He smiled at them and then closed the door. He was coming around to open the door for me, but I had already got in. He looked a little sad about it, and ran to his side and got strapped in. He started the car and asked where I live. After I told him he pulled off and attempted small talk by commenting how the twins had the same eyes as me, but I didn’t know how to respond so I just nodded, and said a small “Yea.” I guess he didn’t know what else to say, so, for about 20 minutes of the ride he just stared blankly at the road.

It was driving me crazy! I wasn’t used to him not smiling so I poked him and whispered, “What’s wrong? Are you mad at me?” He looked at me with a confused, yet amused face and said, “No. I just didn’t think you wanted me to talk to you. Every time I try, you get all silent, or you stare at me.” I shook my head furiously and whispered “I only do that ‘cause I don’t know what I’m supposed to say. But you could have kept on talking like on the first day I met you where you kept being nice to me even though I just glared!” “Well, I figured you didn’t want me to anymore, so, I was giving you space!” he said in a murmur.

I just stared at him not knowing what else to say. He sighed and ran one hand through his hair. He then stuttered a little before going, “Who was that old lady threatening me?” A small smile crept its way on my face as I realized he was trying to talk to me. I thought for awhile thinking of what to say. I finally came up with, “That’s Mable- my boss. She’s really nice and she’s like an old lady ninja! She decided that people should have a place to learn how to defend themselves so she decided to make her own, but she only teaches responsible people that will only use it when necessary.”

I was so ready to say it to, but when I opened my mouth and realized that I was being friendly... with a boy… at night… alone (except for my sleeping brothers), I just couldn’t do it. I just closed my mouth and looked out the window as I heard him sigh loudly. Neither of us spoke again until we got to my house.

As he unstrapped my brothers in the back, I took out a 20 of my 560 bucks and put it in my pocket; I put the rest in my bra (if anyone ever tried to touch there I’d kill them.. just kidding.. possibly). I then entered the house and put our bags by the door when my mom came in with her hand outstretched. I gave her the 20, and she walked back to her room pleased.

She thinks I only make 25 dollars every time I go to Mable’s Boxing Ring, and I really did… until I got a raise about the second week of working there; I just never bothered to tell her. Anyway, along with my pay from the raise, I also got money from the kids I tutored during breaks. Mable allows it just because she loves kids and she knows I need the extra money. I was saving up so I could support me and my lil’ twins when I sue my parents and adopt them. I’m already dealing with the paper work.

I suddenly remembered the twins were in the car with Peter alone. I ran out side and expected him to be doing something bad to them (excuse my pessimistic mind), but instead I found them calm and happy while walking up to the house. Jeremy broke me from my intense staring with a, “Peter paid us 5 whole bucks each just to tell us about you!” He grinned widely with Jesse shaking his head furiously and smiling larger than I’ve ever seen him smile before.

Peter just looked at me hesitantly as I told my lil’ twins to go straight to bed and lock the door. They did and I waited for him to explain. “Well, you see, as I tried to carry them out of the car they woke up. I put them down to walk and then bit me asking where you were.” He showed me the twins matching teeth marks on his arms before continuing. “I let them know I was a friend then said I was new so I didn’t know much about you. Then I asked them 5 questions each so I could, and paid them a dollar per question.” “What’d you ask them?” I cocked an eyebrow. He smiled and said “Let them tell you.”

As he drove off, I ran to my brother’s room and unlocked the door (which only I had the key to). I asked if they were okay, and if Peter did anything to them while checking their arms and legs for bruises or anything out of the ordinary. They both said no, and they’d never lie to me so I nodded, and hugged them good night.

I locked the door behind me and went to my room to write in my diary. When I got in and closed my door, I untapped my diary from my stomach and opened it. I sat down and wrote:

“Dear reader,
Here’s an update. Peter seems nice, but I’m still not sure about him. Lark’s nice as well and I trust her almost as much as my twins. By the way, I totally need to figure out how to get them to tell me what Peter asked! They won’t just tell me without a little bribing. Maybe I’ll get them some ice cream, or make Lark convince them to be nice enough to. Anyway, Talk to you in the future.
-me (who else :P)”

When I was done, I locked my diary. Then I put it in a crack in my floor under my bed. I then took a shower and went to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
seems like it's going slow, but some parts of life seem like that, and sometimes it's necessary to take things slow. just to let those who r getting pissed at me because of it..
anyway.. keep hope alive! *super hero pose*
-Orael :)