An Eternal

Another Ploy

Jakob lay in his bed backwards. Lights off, and the ceiling fan spinning lazily. Marcel’s music played on his speakers softly. Jakob smiled as he recognized the Red Hot Chili Peppers. He lay on his back, watching the fan spin in repeated circles. He wore nothing but a pair of jeans. He flipped over onto his stomach and peered over the edge of the bed. His phone lay on the ground, and he thought about the technology that the small hand held object had put into it. It baffled him. Then the thought of Stella found its way into his mind. His mind always returned to her. How does she always seem to find him. His scar burned in his arm and he unstrapped the leather strap that hid it. It seemed to contrast in his skin. He had never really taken any notice in the scar, he couldn’t even remember how he got it. He just knew it had something to do with Stella. The door opened, and Jakob didn’t bother to look. He knew it was Marcel.
“Hey dude, we got company!” Jakob looked over to the door as Marcel let Stella into their room. Jakob froze, only looking at her. She wore a dark sweater, and her hair was up in an attractive manor. She carried a tray filled with coffee, and she smiled at Jakob.
“We brought you some coffee Jakob.” She picked up a cup, and handed it to him. He took it, and nodded thanks. “Stella’s gonna help with a dead guy report, so we’re gonna hang here for a bit.” Jakob nodded and sat up not sure weather he should stay or leave. He leaned against the wall, and then kicked off, making his way into the bathroom. He brushed out his hair, and pulled on a shirt. When he walked out, only Stella sat in the room.
“Um, Marcel forgot a book of his at Starbucks. He ran back to get it.” Jakob silently damned Marcel for leaving like this. Again.
“Yeah, he forgets stuff a lot.”
“So how long have you known Marcel? You two seem like really good friends.” She said, trying to strike up conversation.
“Um, not too long actually. I just met him this year. He’s just one of those people anyone can get along with easily.” This was true. Marcel was defiantly easy to like. Jakob would miss him when it came time to leave. An awkward silence filled the room, and Stella turned up the music that played from Marcel’s speakers. She smiled when she recognized the song.
“You like the Red Hot Chili Peppers?” Jakob asked her. She smiled and nodded. Marcel opened the door to the room, and held up his book. It had a painting of William Shakespeare on the cover.
“So this dead guy you know nothing about is Shakespeare?” Jakob asked. He turned to Stella and said, “Good luck teaching him anything.”
♠ ♠ ♠
whoot =D another little chapter completed =D hope you liked =) much love =D