Pleasure's All Mine This Time

Chapter 22.

“Hey Mom,” Chloe smiled weakly while holding her phone to her ear.

“Hi Honey, how are you doing? I haven’t heard from you for a while…” Chloe’s mom said warmly on the other line.

“Yeah…” Chloe mumbled and sat down on one of the café’s straw chair, “Sorry ‘bout that.”

Chloe placed her clutch on the table and crossed her legs while sitting back. The waiter smiled politely and handed Chloe a menu.

“I’ve been ok, hanging out with Jade and all that…” Chloe muttered. She ran her manicured finger down the list of dished and desserts, trying to find something light to order while waiting for the girls to arrive.

“Kaja are you sure you’re doing well? You seem a bit sad, from my view…” Agnes sounded quite concerned.

“Mom I’m doing great, really.” Chloe tried consoling her.

“If you say so…” Chloe’s mom sighed, “How has Alicia been doing? Is she behaving?”

Chloe smirked, “I’m not sure how well she’s behaving, but she sure is having plenty of fun.” Chloe scorned, she couldn’t erase the picture of Luna sandwiched between the Berry’s from her mind.

“Still partying like an animal and sleeping around with rockstars?” Agnes asked nonchalantly, making Chloe emit a nervous giggle.

“I believe she changed her type to sound techs.” Chloe whispered to herself, still flipping through the menu.

Her mom sighed, “How could I let her lapse and go downhill like that?” She asked rhetorically.

The waiter once again approached Chloe’s table and carefully placed her cocktail on a cup holder.

“Are you anticipating anyone?” He asked and pulled out his notepad.

Chloe drew the phone away from her ear, “Yes, only a couple of people.” Chloe said and glanced at her watch, “They should arrive shortly.”

“No problem.” He nodded and walked away.

“Sorry mom, I’m just waiting for a couple of friends here…” Chloe explained.

“Talking about friends,” Her mom suddenly sounded excited and cheerful, “How is it going with that boyfriend of yours?” She asked.

Chloe’s eyes widened and she almost chocked on the sweet drink. She coughed and placed the glass on the table.

“My boyfriend?!” Chloe asked, trying to sound as indifferent and unsuspicious as possible.

“Alicia said you’ve been dating a nice gentleman for quite some time now.” Agnes said. Chloe could sense the happiness and pride in her mother’s voice.

“A nice gentleman huh?” Chloe mimicked, “That’s what she said?”

“An exact quote! Why? Did she lie?” Agnes sighed, suddenly sounding disappointed.

“No mom she didn’t lie…” Chloe tapped the glass with her glossy gel nails, “We’re not together anymore.”

“Oh dear, why not? Is that why you’re so upset?” Her mom asked, concerned.

Chloe rolled her eyes, it wasn’t the proper time and way to have that conversation. She truly wanted to share the past events with her mother but a phone conversation just didn’t do their meaningful relationship any justice.

“Mom I don’t wanna talk about it…” Chloe huffed and looked over her shoulder at the entrance to the coffee shop, searching for familiar faces.

“Are you sure Kaja?” Agnes asked, her Nordic accent was stronger than ever when she was worried. “I would love to listen and help you out…”

“Mom it’s just not the right timing…”

Chloe heard her mother sigh, “Alright alright… Will you at least tell me his name? Or when it ended?”

“His name is Brian.” Chloe pronounced the painful words. Her stomach turned and she felt nauseous. “And it’s been a couple of weeks now…Ok?” She said softly.

“Oh so he’s not Scandinavian?” Agnes questioned.

“No Mom, he isn’t.” Chloe’s lip curled and she wrinkled up her nose. She never liked how conservative her family was.

“Sweetie I apologize, I shouldn’t have said that.”

“Just so you know, Mom, your own brother married an American and thanks to that Jade was born.” Chloe mumbled.

“But you aren’t planning on marrying him, are you?” Agnes gasped.

“Mom…Don’t push it.” Chloe hummed.

“Okay Kaja.” Agnes finally dropped the issue. “But keep in mind that you are more than welcome here back home, in Norway. Plus, your brother has been missing his sisters quite terribly, it’s not the same without my two beautiful girls.” She said nostalgically.

The thought of leaving everything behind and returning home did, in fact, cross Chloe’s mind numerous times.

She began becoming sick and tired of the same old routine. There weren’t many placed left in Huntington Beach for her to explore, she had left schools more than a month ago. The friendships she had made weren’t the strongest; her friends were Brian’s friend.

It was difficult for her to hang out with Jade because her relationship with Matt plenty grew stronger overtime, and along with that,so did the tear between Chloe and Jade.

On the other hand, she had Megan. Unfortunately, spending time with Megan has become an issue of it’s own because her Lawyer’s office skyrocketed with success and Megan was literally drowning with work and trials.

It seemed as if there was no place left for Chloe in California.

“I know…Please tell everyone I love them more than anything!” Chloe asked softly. “And you know what mom? I just might pay you all a visit.”

“Well that’s fantastic news!” Her mom gasped joyfully. “And bring Alicia along, it’s not the same here without her pregnancy scares!” Agnes smirked.

“Bye mom…” Chloe shook her head while chuckling.

“Goodbye, dear, I love you.” Agnes said warmly and the conversation ended.

Chloe sank into her seat and pushed her phone away, watching it glide to the other side of the round table.

Chloe jumped in her tracks when a pair of hands clutched her shoulders. A wash of fresh, flowery perfume pierced her nostrils was the next thing she felt before having a pair of lips pressed to her cheek.

“Hey Chloe!!!” Megan squealed happily and then flipped her red hair away from her face.

“Shit, you scared me!” Chloe clutched her heart over the thin blouse she was wearing.

“Sorry…” Megan giggled and took a seat right next to Chloe. “We haven’t been very good with maintaining our relationship, have we?” Megan mumbled guiltily.

“Nope…” Chloe hummed and smacked her glistening, glossy lips together.

“Things have been so hectic at work!” Megan rolled her eyes and began frantically flipping through the menu, biting her lower lip as she did so.

“You don’t say…” Chloe said distantly. Megan’s work was the last thing she wanted to discuss at that moment.

“Totally!” Megan exclaimed, not grasping Chloe’s sarcasm. “Steve and I have been working our fucking asses off! Clients are so freaking picky these days, you know that?”

“Steve?” Chloe repeated.

“Yeah, my boyfriend!” Megan explained. “That why our office is called S&M! Steven and Megan, get it?” Megan grinned.

“S&M? What kind of cases do the two of you take on? Sex crimes?” Chloe scorned.

“No!” Megan rolled her eyes in annoyance. “Oh look, Jade! Ooh and who’s that chick with her?” Megan motioned for Chloe to look over her shoulder.

“Why’s she bring someon-“ Chloe mumbled while turning around. She saw Jade and Daisy all smiley and giggly, entering the café.

“Shit!” Chloe cursed, Jade was supposed to come alone! “Ok listen up,” Chloe spoke quickly and clearly.

“Brian and I broke up. That chick is Jimmy’s girlfriend. Jimmy is the band’s drummer. I think he’s suicidal.” Chloe said in one breath.

“Understand? Good. Now shut up, I don’t wanna hear another word about this.” Chloe hissed sternly and once again turned around.

“Hey girlsssss!!!” She faked a gigantic grin and hugged both of them tightly.

“Hey Chlo, it’s been a while!” Daisy giggled and tightly squeezed Chloe shoulders before talking a seat in front if Megan.

“Yeah it has!! How have you and Jimmy been doing?” Chloe asked politely.

“Oh we are doing wonderful! He is so dreamy, you know that?” Daisy sighed, a goofy grin plastered to her pierced lips.

“I’m sure he is.” Jade joined the conversation right after greeting Megan.

Chloe’s green eyes met Megan’s face. Her expression was completely puzzled, as if she was still processing what Chloe had just told her.

“You broke up with Brian!?!?!” Megan suddenly burst out, her eyes wide.

Chloe hear sank to the floor and a cold wave rushed through her body, “Megan!” Chloe called, angry.

“Whyyyyyy?!” Megan whined, her mouth widened with shock.

Chloe didn’t know what to say. Her heart was pounding with fury and helplessness. She hesitantly looked at the girls.

Jade’s gaze rapidly jumped from Chloe to Megan, she was eager to see what Megan’s outburst would result in.

“Are you guys really over?” Daisy asked softly and sympathetically.

Chloe’s mouth opened to answer but then once again closed. “Hun it’s ok, you can confide in me. I’m not going to tell anything.” Melody promised.

“Megan you’re awful, you know that?” Chloe addressed her friend.

“Gosh Chloe why blame me? I’m sure you’re the one who had fucked up your relationship, again!” Megan crossed her arms, angry with Chloe.

“Megan can’t you consider not being judgmental for once in your life?” Chloe said bitchily.

“Hey…” Jade burst in. “Enough.” She touched both of the girls’ hands.

“Meg, Chloe’s going through a rough patch and we would all appreciate it if you were less harsh.” Jade said sternly to Megan.

“Chlo, I know you’re heartbroken and all of that but you should really learn to control your anger.” Jade addressed Chloe.

“Daisy, you’re cool.” Jade winked. making Daisy laugh.

“You’re right…” Megan said guiltily. “I’m sorry Chloe. It’s just that it really saddens me to see you absolutely overjoyed about a new guy in your life and then, months later, have you tell me that it’s over, like it’s no big deal.”

“You’re making it sound like it’s my fault he flipped!” Chloe protested.

“Chloe I don’t even know what went on between the two of you! Stop being so anal…” Megan rolled her eyes and Jade snored with laughter.

“Yeah I said it, ANAL.” Megan said loudly in Jade’s face, “I bet you’ve been getting plenty of that lately.” She playfully punched her.

Jade simply laughed, not really having anything to say in her defense.

“It’s all Alicia's fault!” Chloe snapped.

“It’s NOT Luna’s fault!” Jade groaned, saying that sentence for the millionth time over the past two weeks.

“It is!!! If she hadn’t come here in the first place none of that crap would’ve happened!” Chloe insisted.

“Oh really? So you’re saying that Luna, somehow penetrated Brian’s mind and made him burst out on you?” Jade cocked an eyebrow.

“She was sure penetrated!” Chloe felt the aversion rush through her veins when the sight of Luna and the Berry’s once again clouded her mind.

“Do you really think so?” Daisy asked softly.

“Well, yeah!” Chloe sat back, crossing her arms over her chest. She thought that a nice lunch with the girls would help her take her mind off things and get away from it all. Apparently, it led to the complete opposite.

“Oh, Please!” Jade snapped. “She’s been more than kind to you these days! Isn’t she talking you to see that band? What are they called, Kamelot?”

“She is…” Chloe mumbled. “But she’s only doing it to get a chance to crew the lead singer.”

“He’s like 40 years old…” Megan said disgustedly.

“Listen, it’s her fault and that’s it.” Chloe stated, ending the discussion.

“You’re really laying this on thick, aren’t you?” Jade rolled her eyes.

Chloe was just about to lose her patience when the waiter came up to them, making them all shut up.

“Would you ladies like to place your order?” He asked kindly.

“Yeah…I’ll have a…”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm seriously on a roll here :O

I hope you enjoyed yet another chapter!

Please comment and subscribe, you've all been very supportive and it keeps me happy and motivated.

Julia :-*