Pleasure's All Mine This Time

Chapter 3.

The sun was blazing in the sky, the sound of the ocean in the background and the cold drink in her hand were exactly what Chloe needed after being away in the north for so long.

“Mmmm baby this is divine!” Chloe sighed in relief as the sun warmly tingled on her exposed skin. When she didn’t get a response she took her sunglasses off faced her right.

“Ahem.” She cleared her throat as she watched Jade smile goofily while tapping the screen of her white phone.

Jade was caught up in her own bubble, ignoring the rest of the universe.“Jade!” Chloe snapped annoyingly and grabbed a handful of warm, golden sand, throwing it on Jade’s bare back.

“Ouch!!! What’s wrong with you?!” Jade shrieked in annoyance and started brushing off the sand that stuck to her tanning lotion.

“The correct question would be, what the hell is up with you? It’s like I’m not even here!” Chloe complained and yanked the cell phone out of Jade’s hands.

“Well of course,” Chloe rolled her eyes when she saw the person texting her cousin, “Matty boy.” She mocked and began scam reading the text.

“Ew this is horrible! Do you have to be all over him in writing as well?!” Chloe frowned and tossed the phone back to Jade, as if it was a piece of garbage.

“Chloe you are such a bitch, you know that?” Jade rolled her eyes while still brushing the sand off her flat stomach.

“I’m hella bored, of course I’d be a bitch about it!” Chloe replied and poured some tanning oil onto her hand and began rubbing it onto her smooth thighs.

Jade smacked her lips together and sat up, “You’re in Orange County, in your sexy 400$ bikini with plenty of hot guys all around-“ She said and pointed at the people on the beach, “What else do you need?”

Chloe pouted and crossed her arms over her chest, “You’re no fun!” She told Jade and put her Chanel shades back on.

“Behold!” Jade said dramatically when two extremely fit and scrumptious guys walked by and checked the two of them out.

“I don’t want them…” Chloe mumbled honestly. “I’m sorry about being a bitch, I’m just so tired! I’m taking this new course and it’s way too much effort.” She lied.

“What course?” Jade asked, not sounding too interested. She was obviously texting Matt again.

“Criminology.” Chloe chuckled and Jade immediately looked at her, seeming rather skeptic.

“Oh don’t give me that look! I’ve been here a month already and I watched wayyyyy too much Law and Order and stuff like that so I decided to give it a shot.” Chloe explained, still lying.

“Puh-lease! You? A criminal detective? Gimmie a break Cloe…” Jade laughed and turned around so that she was lying on her stomach.

“Don’t be so mean…It’s all about the thrill! I don’t take it too seriously…” Chloe defended herself and spread some of the oil on her full chest, earning a giggle from Jade.

“Your tan is nice.” Jade commented.

Chloe cocked a groomed eyebrow, “What do you want?” She smiled.

Jade bit her lip to prevent a guilty grin from spreading all over her face, “Matt wants us to come to the studio and hear them play and record.”

“Whaaat? I’ll pass, Honey.” Chloe scorned.

“Gosh Chloe why are you so uptight?! Be spontaneous! Do something with your life for once…” Jade said loudly, she was rather annoyed and fed up with Chloe’s spoilt behavior.

Chloe’s expression dropped and her full lips shriveled to a thin line as she tried her best not to snap.

“You came here and all you’ve done so far is to complain! You tried to get away from everything so you took those stupid courses: courses you don’t even like!”

Chloe just blinked in response to Jade’s accusations.

“Do you have plans for today?” Jade questiond after she calmed down a little.

“No.” Chloe answered coldly.

Jade’s phone started ringing and she shot Chloe a warning look before answering.

“Hi baby, I’m here with Chloe and I’m putting you on loudspeaker ok?” Jade said sweetly, to who Chloe guessed to be Matt.

The phone beeped and Chloe could hear Matt’s voice on the other line. “Hi Chloe,” He said.

“Hi, M. Shadows.” Chloe chuckled.

“Looked us up online, didn’t you?” The amusement in Matt’s voice was clearly noticeable.

“Sure did.” Chloe answered.

“So are you girls coming or what? There aren’t many people here so we can introduced you to the band and all that..” Matt offered.

“Sure baby, we’ll be there.” Jade smiled.

“But I’m kinda oily and…sandy.”Chloe smirked and ran a hand down her warm arm.

“I’m not complaining!” She heard a familiar voice in the background and her heart sank.

“See? Syn is very eager to see you two!” Matt laughed. Chloe’s mouth opened to say something but Jade quickly elbowed her in the ribs.

“We’ll see you in an hour or so, K?” Jade said and hung up.

“Chloe you’re just unbearable! Why are you being so horrible?!” Jade began freaking out.

“Don’t you think you’re overacting a little here, Missy?” Chloe questioned rather indifferently.

Jade jumped off her lounge chair and her sleek brown hair bounced when she pointed a finger at Chloe.

“This amazingly hot and talented guy is chasing you, basically throwing himself at you and all you do is turn him down! What the hell are you thinking?!” Jade called and pulled her white dress over her head while she began getting dressed.

Her words cut Chloe like a knife and she swallowed hard before getting up as well, “He doesn’t really want me.” Chloe stated and slipped into her flip flops.

“He drove at 4am to the middle of nowhere to pick you up! He is interested!” Jade exclaimed and violently pushed the towels into her beach bag.

“And I was a complete bitch to him that night! If he still wants to deal with me after that it only means that all he sees in me is a piece of ass.” Chloe muttered and pulled her copper hair into a messy bun.

“Which I’m very well aware that is all that there is to me.” She added, grabbed her bag and began walking away, feeling the boiling hot sand burn her ankles.

“Chloe…wait,” Chloe felt Jade’s fingers close on her arm after she caught up.

Chloe yanked her arm out of Jade’s grip, “You said what you had to say so can we just go home?”

“Quietly.” She added.

“Chloe, I’m sorry!” Jade called from behind and Chloe looked over her shoulder, seeing her cousin with a miserable look on her face.

“You’re not a piece of ass Chloe.” Jade said and Chloe turned away in response, looking at the beautiful ocean and green hills.

“No! Look at me, and listen.” Jade gently turned Chloe’s face.

“You are beautiful. You are smart and funny and sophisticated.” Jade said sincerely and tried to find Chloe’s eyes behind the large sunglasses she had on.

“No, I’m selfish and superficial. You said it yourself Jade, and everyone else thinks exactly the same.” Chloe said bitterly.

“I said you had to loosen up your tough attitude a little. Chloe, you are special and just because people fail to see the inner you, doesn’t mean that they are right.” Jade said softly.

“You are special, and you need to help the world see it, instead of hiding behind the walls you’ve built.” Jade’s arms closed around Chloe’s shoulder and her thumb grazed Chloe’s soft skin.

“Chloe please say something.” Jade begged.

“I think my back’s getting sun burnt from standing here and listening to you.” Chloe smirked and Jade’s jaw dropped.

“Ok.” Jade said patiently.

“You silly bitch!” Chloe laughed and wrapped her arm around Jade’s bare shoulders, plastering a loud kiss to Jade’s cheek.

“I’ll come, don’t worry.” Chloe grinned when she noticed Jade’s shocked expression.

“You’re awful.” Jade stated.

“I really think you should give Brian a chance, he does seem like a nice guy.” Jade chirped and Chloe rolled her eyes.

“OK ok! I’ll give the dude a chance, happy?” Chloe smiled, biting her tongue slightly.

“I know you will be.” Jade winked as they walked into the parking lot and began looking for Jade’s car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much for reading!!!! :-*

I'm really hope you are enjoying so far! I would love to hear your feedback and suggestions!

:)