Status: I'm focusing on this one for now :D

Disgrace

Kiss

He pulled away from the hug and stared down at me. “You know? What do you know?” He demanded.

His eyes seemed to glaze over and become even brighter. I blushed as I realized I was staring too long. I stared at my feet and replied a quick reply. “What?” He came closer to me and I blushed harder.

His hands were still on my shoulders. “Carla told me that your parents died in a car crash before the....wedding.” I whispered quickly and his grip tightened on my shoulders.

“What else did she tell you?” He growled and I jumped. His grip was still tight and I have to admit, he was very strong. “That you might not have gone to their funeral since the wedding was the day after.” I whispered as the pain became worst. My shoulders were getting numb.

His arms left my shoulders and I breathed a sigh of relief. My shoulders were burning in pain. “Why didn’t you tell me?” I whispered and glanced up at him. All I met was ice blue eyes that seemed to stare right into me.

“I didn’t have to. I didn’t want to tell someone...someone who’ll only be with me for two years.” He muttered and my heart cracked.

“We’re married.” I whispered as I stared at him. My tears were about to fall and they did when he said the next thing.

“We’re not married. I’m only doing this to show the town that I got married, it didnt work out, and that they should just leave me alone. You will leave two years later and you will be free, got it? So! You.Are.Not.My.Wife.” He said the last part slowly and my tears fell. Some fell on my shoes, others fell to the cemented ground.

“I know it seems harsh, but that’s the way life is. You didn’t expect me to hang out with you for a few days and then suddenly get feelings for you, did you?” He stared at me and I stared at the ground.

“Guys! Come on! Dinners ready.” Carla shouted at us, and I turned and started walking inside.

The tears wouldn’t stop, and thank God for shoulder-length hair, it only covers your face and doesn’t make you look weird.

“Scarlet, I made your favorite! Lasagna!” Carla giggled and I heard the door slam shut. Ace was now inside.

“Scarlet?” Carla asked softly as I climbed up the stairs.

“Ace? What did you do!?” She shouted as I climbed the last step.

“I told her the truth and she over reacted.” He replied as he sat down. I started sobbing as I ran towards our room.
Locking the door, I slid down to the floor. My tears were endless and my heart breaking was horrible. It hurt so much.

I crawled to the bed and slid into the warm sheets and blankets. I felt so...cold. So, so cold.

I actually did want him to fall for me. As crazy as it sounds, I wanted him to fall for me. I wanted someone to want me!

“Scarlet?” Carla knocked softly. I breathed in and out a few times and spoke up. “Carla I’m fine, I just don’t feel good.” Surprisingly my voice didn’t crack, it sounded sick.

“Scarlet, let me in or else I’ll have to break this door down.” She warned and I smiled.

She’s to small and fragile. “Carla, really I’m fine.” I said loudly enough for her to hear. I hid under the covers my whole body shaking form being cold. How the hell can I be cold? It’s August!

I heard the door knob jiggle for a few seconds and Carla came walking over to me. I stayed under the covers. “Scarlet? Are you okay?” She whispered.

I peeked out underneath the cover and smiled at her. “I’m fine.” I smiled.

She placed her hand on my fore head and gasped. “Your burning up!” She ran towards the bathroom and came out with a first aid kit.

Taking out the thermometer, she placed it in my mouth. We waited for a few seconds before the beeping came. “102 degrees!” She gasped in shock and I groaned. That hurt my head.

“Ace! Close all these windows and get some medicine for her!” She demanded.

I glanced towards the door to see him standing there then running to close the windows. He came to our side and I looked away from him and pulled the covers over my head.

“Here Scarlet, take this for right now. You’ll feel much better.” Carla said gently and I sat up.

She placed the medicine on a plastic spoon and brought it to my lips. I closed my eyes tightly and drank the nasty medicine.

“All right, just go to sleep.” She whispered as I laid down and pulled the covers up to my head. But my face was not covered.

Ace stared at me sadly and I opened my mouth to say something, but I started coughing. The fit lasted for a few minutes and in the end, my throat was burning. Tears sprung in my eyes and I blinked them away.

I faded away into the blankets, but left some open space for me to breathe.

All I saw was Ace’s legs. I heard Ace walk around for a few minutes before he climbed into the bed. Please,Ace, just a little closer. I can feel your warmth. Please?

I heard him sigh before the lights turned off. I started coughing and this one only lasted for a few seconds. My throat was still burning.

Ace sighed and grabbed my hand, he pulled me into his side and I gasped and pushed him away. “I won’t rape you Scarlet, your cold and these sheets aren’t doing anything.” He whispered as he pulled me into his side once again. I sighed as I felt his warmth.

“What if I cough on you?” I whispered as I snuggled deeper into his side. He was so warm. His arm went around me and the other went to my hips.

“I have never gotten sick in my life,Scarlet.” He laughed softly and I nodded.

“About what I said about the wife thing-” He started and I slapped his chest.

“Just be quiet about that.” I muttered.

“Well, I’m sorry for being so mean. But it’s true Scarlet, I am not in love with you and you shouldn’t be in love with me. We’re only here for two years.” He whispered and tears built in my eyes.

I pushed him away from me and went to my respective side of the bed.

It was getting so freaking cold! I wrapped the blankets around me as tightly as I could and I still didn’t stop shivering.

I loosened the covers and slid back to Ace, who was now sleeping happily. I wrapped my arms around his waist and placed my face in the crook of his neck.

He wrapped his arms around me tightly and I gasped. “Just in case if you decide to leave again.” He whispered and I blushed.

“See! That’s what makes me think you like me! Then you go and say you don’t like me! What is up with those cute little comments you make!?” I shouted and I tried to push him away but he had a tight grip on me.

I pushed, kick, screamed, punched but nothing happened. He just waited until I calmed down.

Once I was done, he climbed on top of me. His whole body was on top of me, I had no choice but to look in his eyes.

“I will try something. If you feel something, tell me. And if I feel something, I’ll tell you. If we both don’t feel anything, then we don’t have feelings for each other.” He stared deep into my eyes and I nodded dumbly.

“Don’t lie though.” I whispered and he nodded.

He bent down to my face and his lips were so close to mine. I can smell the mint in his breathe.

His lips met mine in a captivating kiss and I gasped as I pulled his head closer to me. We kissed passionately for a few minutes, until I had to pull away for air.

We stared at each other for a few minutes as we tried to catch our breathes. “Let’s just try one more time and see what we feel.” He murmured before his lips captured mines again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Damn! This was like 1,454 words!
I'm so happy!
So, what do you think? Does he like her?
Do you like the new layout?