A Long Way To Go

Same old, same old.

I sat up in my bed and rubbed my green eyes, and yawned. I always hated mornings, but oh well. I sat on the edge of my bed and put on my slippers and went downstairs.

Oh? Hello there, I'm Melissa Anne Way. Yes, Gerard Way's daughter. I'm 18 years old and I am currently living with my dad, but I'm moving out soon. Your probally shocked that he has a daughter, right? Well, I'll give you the short version of how I came to be.

Well, my mom's name was Angel and she met my dad, and it was a one night stand. It turns out that she was pregnant, and she never wanted me. She used to drink and smoke when she was pregnant with me, and she used to abuse me.

But then she lied to me about having cancer, and one day I found out she had died, and I got sent to an orphange for a few years until they found my dad, Gerard Way.
When I first meet them I was 12, about to turn 13. They took me in and everything was normal, until...

My mom came. Turns out, she faked it all. The cancer, and her death. Who would do that to their own kid? Only she would. But, she got help and wanted to take me in but my dad wouldn't let her.

The next day while she was driving to work, she got into a car crash with a drunk driver, and I haven't seen or talked to her since. It's my own sad little story, but I forgot about most of it.

I have a boyfriend. Yes, shocker eh? Nah. But if I tell you guys, you better not hate me. It's Bob Bryar. Yes, I knew you would start to hate me. But the first day I moved in with them we kissed..and I fell in love with him but he wouldn't be with me.

But a few years past and when I was seventeen, we were together. I am now about to turn 18, and I'm so excited. Everyone thinks that we are going to get married because we are the perfect couple, but they are probally just high or something.

And that's pratically my life, and now comes the actual story. I hope you have a good time reading it.

I was downstairs in the kitchen, eating an apple when I saw my Bob come in, smiling. Then I saw my dad roll his eyes, because I was obviously drooling.

"Hey babe." He said while kissing me, and giving me a hug from behind.

"Do you two mind? I'm eating." Gee said while putting down the newspaper, making gagging noises to annoy us.

"Oh shut up dad." I replied while rolling his eyes and kissing Bob back.

"Nothing, you?" I said while looking up at him.

"Eh, same. But I'm looking at a pretty girl, does that count?" He said with a smirk.

"Suck up." I replied while laughing.

I saw my dad get up, and roll his eyes while laughing. He put down his cup of coffee and walked out of the room. I'm guessing he didn't want to see his best friend and his daughter, kissing. Oh well.

"Well, I have to go to school." I said while getting up and giving him a quick kiss.

I put on my heavy backpack and smiled at him, while walking out the front door, on my way to school. Not knowing that tomorrow on my birthday, the man I love is going to ask me to marry him.