So Easy to Love

The Vodkas And Whiskies

“Tanner, what are you doing?” I sighed as I walked outside to find him rumbaing through his daughter’s car.

“Do you see what’s all in here?” he snapped at me.

“I don’t go searching in her car,” I shot right back.

He seemed to be gathering a few things before he stood up straight to show off… two arms full of… booze. Oh wow. I was speechless. There were so many kinds. It was all hard stuff too. The vodkas and whiskies. Porsche… has a problem.

“Can you… help?” Tanner spoke softly since he was having a hard time holding all of it.

I quickly went over and grabbed as much as I could from him and followed him inside. He went into the kitchen, but I peeked into the room to make sure Bentley was ok. I kind of… don’t trust Porsche around him right now… Landon seemed to have it covered. He’s such a good big brother.

After I made sure my boys were ok, I went back to help Tanner. He was already dumping out two bottles from Porsche’s car. The look on his face nearly made me bawl. It was so sad.

“We’ll get her fix, sweetheart,” I spoke softly while rubbing his back.

“I didn’t think it was this bad,” he spoke even softer than I was. I hate it when he talks that way… and he hasn’t for a long time.

“Neither did I. But she needs us now,” I pressed on.

He nodded his head and continued to dump out all the liquid. I actually needed to get out of the kitchen from how strong the smell got. I was about to pass out. How could she drink this stuff everyday? Where had she gone to anyway?

“Landon, where’s your sister?” I asked after I walked into the living room.

“She went upstairs,” he replied, keeping his eyes on his little brother.

I nodded my head and waited for Tanner. I didn’t know how he wanted to go about this. Were his thoughts just on us helping or… did he want to send her off to get better? It sucks that we really didn’t have much time to talk about it. This just kind of got way out of control all out once.

Once he had finished dumping everything, he came into the room, looking way more stressed than before. Without saying anything, he walked over and took both of the boys in his arms in one swift motion. Aw.

“I love you guys,” he spoke gently, leaving kisses on both of their little heads.

“Love you too, daddy,” Landon giggled.

Bentley just let out a little coo that made Tanner chuckle and give the boys another round of kisses. There was still a sadness in his eyes though. I think he wanted to be able to treat Porsche just like this. But she’s grown up now.

After his little lovey moment, he looked at me and I just knew… it was happening. That intervention I hoped would never happen… was going to happen.

As the two of us climbed he stairs, I laced my hand in his, giving it a gentle squeeze. He squeezed back but never glanced over his shoulder. The two of us walked to her room that we never touched since she moved out. Tanner finally looked back at me with pain in his eyes before bringing his free hand up to knock on the door.

“Porsche,” he spoke in a raspy voice. He’s holding some hard stuff together right now. “we need to talk.”

Movement could be heard from the other side of the door before it opened. Porsche wasn’t there though. Once Tanner and I walked in, we found her sitting on her bed with her knees to her chest staring blankly at the covers. Everything that I thought I should say left me. Seeing her like this… scared the hell out of me. I can’t imagine how Tanner feels right now. She needs help… and I really hope she lets us help her.
♠ ♠ ♠
If i wrote the 'intervention' it would have gotten waaaay too long... so katie kens can write the intervention :) lol

comment pleeease :D

KATIE!