So Easy to Love

Oh Dear

Porsche had just left with Bobby, beaming from their little engagement. I thought it was adorable. And while they were here, I thought Papa Foust did too. But once the door shut behind the happy couple as they left, that smile he had on all night, fell… drastically. I don’t like this…

“She’s pregnant,” he huffed as he walked back into the room.

“What?” I shot back, totally taken off guard.

“Number one: Bobby didn’t even mention to either of us that he was thinking about marrying her. Isn’t it ‘proper’ to ask the dad if the guy can marry his daughter?” he started.

“Maybe it was Porsche’s idea and he just thought it was ok…” I tried to defend Bobby.

Tanner just looked at me. He wasn’t buying that. Oh, dear.

“And number two… I just know,” he went on.

“She’s not pregnant,” I had to disagree with him.

“Father’s intuition, Ellie,” he replied, making me laugh. “What?” he couldn’t hold in a chuckle himself.

“Your biology degree doesn’t mean shit right now. Your daughter’s not pregnant, Tanner,” I still laughed at him.

“Why else would Bobby ask her to marry him without telling us before he did?” he groaned in a frustrated tone.

“Maybe he was just afraid of you,” I shrugged.

“I’m not intimidating,” he laughed this time.

“Maybe just a little…” I teased.

“Oh really?” he question while raising an eyebrow.

“Mhm… and I find it sexy,” I smirked as I rubbed our noses together.

A small smile came over him before he leaned in to give my lips a soft kiss. It had potential to turn into something naughty, but our oldest son came down the stairs, whining for me. I pulled away from Tanner to get to my feet just in time to see Landon hit the last step while rubbing his eyes.

“What’s wrong, sweetie?” I asked while bending down to his level.

“I don’t feel good,” he muttered.

“Aw, what’s wrong?” I cooed at him.

“I just don’t feel good,” he groaned, getting a little attitude with me.

I sent him a little pout before reaching over to feel his forehead. It was warm, but nothing extreme. I went on to pick him up and take him over to the couch where I was previously sitting with Tanner.

“We got a sick one, daddy,” I huffed playfully once I sat.

“Uh oh. What’s wrong, bud?” Tanner questioned while taking his son from me.

Landon muttered a few inaudible words before nuzzling up to his daddy. It was cute.

As if the two boys were linked some how, I could faintly hear Bentley fuss from upstairs. Honestly, I hoped that would happen. That way we could have this little family moment. Once I had Bentley quieted down, I did just that. Tanner even reached over to hook an arm around me, pulling Bentley and I closer to him. It was a cute little moment that I think Tanner needed.

He seemed a little tense about the whole ‘Bobby not asking for permission to marry Porsche’. I’m sure he’ll come around to it though. His little girl’s happy, so he should be happy… right?
♠ ♠ ♠
yeeeah... tanner's season's over and Top Gear doesn't come back on til next year soo... not much motivation for this. Sorry it's sucky :/

comment??