Status: ACTIVE - updated every Wednesday :)

Stories Yet To Unfold

Dreamers

I ran off the spinning ride as quickly as my short legs would take me, leaving the boys in the dust to find Jeff. The last thing I wanted was to go on anything else that spun me around until my limbs fell of or scared me until I peed my pants.

“Remind me to never trust them again, okay?” I told him as I took a spot next to him in line for some gross carnival food all of the guys wanted. “That ride was everything but fun and easy going. I thought my liver was going to fall out of my butt.”

He chuckled loudly as he continued to try and find what he wanted on the menu. “They’re good guys, but they’ll do just about anything to have someone give in. I’d watch your back from now on, for multiple reasons.”

I kept my mouth shut after that point, knowing far too well what Jeff was referring to. Well, I did until the five idiots came running towards us, giving Jeff money left and right with orders that my father figure could hardly remember.

“My gosh, shut up,” Jeff yelled finally, getting us all to calm down. “Just fucking tell him what you want and pay for it, give me the money and we’ll just make it one big order. Zack and Rian – go find a table – I’ll order for you. Jack, Alex, and Matt – stay here to carry the food over.”

After Zack and Rian intimidated a family out of their bench seat, Jeff turned to me and asked a question. “Now, what does the little girl want?”

“The little girl wants an elephant ear, please,” I replied nicely as the line moved up slightly.

“You’re funny,” he responded to me jokingly. “This is dinner; you’re not having that for dinner. I’ll share one with you later though, if you’re hungry.”

“When did you become such a dad, Maker?” Jack questioned as he nudged Jeff in the shoulder. “You don’t even treat us like that, and we’re ten times more immature than Melbell.”

I sighed and ignored Jack’s comment. “Can I have some mac and cheese then, please?”

“Much better,” he winked at me as he gave the orders to the old man in the food cart. “And Jack, you have your own mother for that. I’m here to be your babysitter, not your overprotective
father.”

After eating our food faster than our stomachs could handle, we threw away our trash and decided what our plan for the rest of the night was. Jeff was the first one to speak up. “I want to go look at the motorcycles near the front, does anyone else want to come?”

“I do,” Zack and Rian said back to him. The three nodded at each other knowingly and began walking off.

Of course we weren’t left alone without rules. Jeff laid down the law quite plainly. “Matt is watching you guys so you don’t do anything absolutely ridiculous again. If anything happens, the tour is cut and we’re going home, remember? Have fun, go nuts, all of the above, see you
guys at this spot at 11 o’clock."

We all agreed to the rules and soon made our way off, excited to try out all of the rides. It was even better having Matt there because I knew he would go on all of the stupid rides Jack and Alex thought were stupid. I was determined to have a really good night, and stay far away from
Jack – who seemed to not know what the definition of awkward truly was.

“Can we go on that flyer thingy?” I asked suddenly as I pointed to a ride that continued to pull you up and spin around in a giant circle. “It looks fun.”

“Are you sure you can take it? You didn’t take the last one very well,” Alex observed, winking at me with his famous grin.

“Oh, shut up, you know that shit was extreme,” I noted, trying to prove my point that the ride should not have been anybody’s forte.

“Yeah, pretty extreme if you’re ten years old, Melly,” he said as we stepped into the line for the ride I mentioned just a bit earlier.

The line moved quickly and we showed the overweight man our bracelets before getting into the carts that held two people. Jack immediately stepped into mine with me, and a blush came across my face as I scooted as far away from him as I possibly could. I never really got over the night we kissed.

Alex, obviously knowing that this was an awkward situation, came up behind Jack and asked for his seat. With a little assurance from the singer, Jack huffed, hugged me, and went into the cart with Flyzik instead, happy that he simply didn’t have to be alone.

“Thank you so much,” I thanked him as I let out a sigh of relief.

“Not a problem,” he shook off before continuing. “Jack’s a great guy; he just doesn’t really know when to stop and when to start again with people. You get used to it after a while.”

“Well, I only have about two more years with you guys around anyway, so I think I’ll be good,” I retorted with a grin.

“What do you mean? You think we’re going to just be out of your life completely once we get out of high school?” He asked, genuinely curious about my answer.

“Well, I’m going to get out of here the moment I can,” I tried to begin saying, but Matt interrupted me before I could go on.

“Shut up you guys, let’s enjoy the ride, not hear your blabbing,” he told us as the ride slowly begin moving.

The ride was fun, but it was intimidating and surprising and you never knew when exactly you’d be jerked forward. It never failed that when it truly did jump unexpectedly, I grabbed onto Alex’s muscular arm and screamed. All he did was wrap my hand in his arm and chuckle at how easily spooked I was.

After a few more rides that were very similar to the first, Alex and I decided to finally finish our conversation that was first so rudely interrupted. “Matt, we’re going to go take a little walk; we’ll meet up with you guys at 11 with Jeff, Rian, and Zack!”

He gave me a nervous look in reply but nodded and walked off with Jack to go on some scary shit that I wouldn’t dare go on. But I was happy, content that Matt trusted Alex and I enough to let us go, despite Jeff’s orders – which were basically the Ten Commandments on this tour.

“So, I’m curious as to why you’re going to leave Jeff the moment you can, I thought you two were getting along really well,” Alex mentioned as we began walking down a grassy hill.

“Well, I was really unexpected to him anyway,” I shrugged as I continued. “It’s good to get out of his hair as quick as possible anyway, but I have dreams of my own. And I have full faith that I’m going to play those dreams out, at least to an extent.”

“What are your dreams, then?” he asked me curiously, his head tilted sideways as I spoke each word.

“To be a lyricist for alternative and pop punk bands all over the country,” I smiled to myself, seeing it all in my head as we walked through the trees on the outskirts of the venue. “I have about 48 songs all tucked away in a couple of notebooks, and I really am trying to write a bit every day to improve my skill. I can’t imagine a future doing anything but that, honestly.”

Alex nodded, processing all of the information in his head before he began to speak. “We’re very similar; did you know that? We’re young, but we know what we want, what we’re going to do with ourselves -and we’re really lucky for that. I can’t imagine a future without my singing at this point either. I’d love to hear more of your lyrics if you don’t mind, as well.”

I blushed and smiled up at him. “Of course I’ll show you, I’d love to get some advice from a fellow song writer.”

“My pleasure, mademoiselle,” he reassured me as he bowed jokingly and took my hand in his casually, locking his fingers with mine – and I let him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not sure what it is about this story, but writing it comes so much more naturally than anything else I write, and I love it! So, i hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do :). Thank you so much for the comments and subscriptions, please, please keep it up :D!

And if you guys are interested in some more ATL fan fics please check out Wonderwall or Behind The Lens :).