Status: ACTIVE - updated every Wednesday :)

Stories Yet To Unfold

Jumping For Joy

I was happily singing and playing Jeff’s acoustic guitar – trying to finish up a song. It was something I worked on for a while about three months back; but I wanted to get back into writing music again since I had so much fun with the boys a few days earlier.

My gentle, quiet music was interrupted by a huge commotion at the front door. I heard multiple boys screaming and hollering over God only knew what. Curiously, I put down the guitar and music before stepping into the living room.

Once they saw me, Rian grabbed me and squeezed me into a giant hug. The others all copied his movements and it became one group hug of everyone in the room. I hugged back and smiled as I wondered what possibly could be so exciting.

“Melbell!” Jack screamed at me as I covered my ears and nodded for him to continue on. “Flyzik got us a tour! We’re going on tour! All Time Low is going on a tour, starting tomorrow!

My mouth widened and I begin to dance along with them. Only happy thoughts filled me at that moment. The boys got to go on a tour! That meant the absolute world to them; I could see how much they loved their music and I was ecstatic they could go.

“How did you do it, Matt?” I questioned once everyone’s degree of excitement lowered slightly.
He smiled and blushed. “It was pretty simple really. I gave the first part of The Party Scene to a bunch of venues around the country and they loved it! So, I booked it accordingly. It took about two months of planning; but we get to go now!”

“I’m so happy for you guys, you’re going to have a blast!” I told them with a huge smile on my face. Each gave me an unexplained, weird look towards me before looking up at Jeff with question in their eyes.

“Isn’t Melissa going to come with us, Jeff?” Zack asked him with much seriousness. “You can’t just leave her with no supervision for the rest of the summer.”

“But, she’s only fourteen you guys, I don’t want her getting hurt or in trouble,” he explained as he looked at me for some sort of answer. But, the truth was, I didn’t have one. I never even thought about Jeff having to be there to help them with lights.

“Oh, she’s a good kid,” Rian winked at me as he spoke. “She won’t get into anything. Plus, you can keep a really close eye on her.

“Please! We can’t leave Melbell behind, Jeff,” he explained to Jeff as he smiled at me. Jeff then looked at me again; wanting my opinion on everything they were talking about.

I played with the end of my purple shirt out of nerves before responding. “I mean, I would have no problem with going. I wouldn’t get into any trouble or anything. But, it’s up to you, Jeff, you’re the guardian here. I’ll go with whatever you say.”

“Well, I guess I don’t really have a choice,” he thought openly. Everyone looked at him anxiously for his answer during his pause. “I guess we both have to come along the trip.”

Everyone smiled and we got into a group hug once again – where I was in the middle. I looked at Jeff to see him smiling at me and I smiled back. I was actually going to go on tour; get hands on experience on something I hoped to do for the rest of my life – and I was going to
love it. Or so I thought.

**********


All the boys piled equipment into the large, white van that Zack’s dad rented for the boys. Two other friends of Matt’s were there to help him and Jeff learn how to do sound-related things. From what I remembered; their names were Evan and Danny.

After everything was put into the van, the boys all said goodbye to their worried parents. The mothers were more hysterically sad, but I could see some tears in each of the fathers’ eyes as well. I smiled at their families as the parents all talked to Matt and Jeff to give them a very strict lecture on how to keep all of their children safe.

While that was happening, the five of us kids piled into the van. Of course, I had to get the middle in the back because I was the smallest of them all; but I didn’t really mind. The only issue is that I was in between the two loudest boys – Alex and Jack.

Jeff and Matt got into the front seats as I looked out the window to see the parents blowing kisses to their kid. Matt turned on the car and spoke. “Are you guys ready to go on tour?”

A round of excited “yeah”s were sounded from each of them as we pulled out of the driveway and into the road that would take us to the first venue. Before anyone had the chance to talk, Jeff put the first part of The Party Scene in the player.

As everyone was singing along and I was tapping my foot to the rhythm, Alex whispered something in my ear. “Are you excited or scared for this?”

I smiled and whispered back in his ear. “More excited; but scared too.”

He patted my knee and replied. “Me too, Melly.”

The rest of the ride was filled with loud music and car games that Jack came up with. A few were actually entertaining; especially when they fought about the rules. But soon the sun turned to the moon and all of us got tired.

“Matt,” I said faintly – almost completely asleep. “Can you turn the music down please?”

“Sure thing, sweetie,” he told me as he turned the music down to a dull roar. Before closing my eyes I realized Zack was already asleep and leaning his head on the window next to him. And
soon after that, I was fast asleep.

I woke up to Jeff rocking my body slowly. I grunted as I cuddled up closer to whatever I was leaning on. I heard Alex’s chuckle and I looked up to see that I was leaning on him. Alex helped me up and into Jeff’s arms swiftly. Instead of making me walk, Jeff simply carried me up to the hotel room – and I was fast asleep once again before I even reached the bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys :)! So, yes, a new update - and the boys are going on a tour :D. I have to say that you all are making me really happy with these comments and subscribers - but I would love to see more of it; so could you please keep it up, lovelies?

P.S I changed my username, do you guys like it :)?