‹ Prequel: The Other Woman

Tensions

Women

“But this part is important too, it’s actually the most important part after my dress” the redhead pouted, eyes still scanning the wedding cake booklet, filled with hundreds of wedding cake designs.
“Well we can’t put the cake anywhere if we don’t have a venue, Blaze. Let’s just find a place first.” Tre softly suggested.

She turned her head and smiled at him, loving the way his ocean blue eyes softened her into agreeing with anything he said. “Fine. But that’s boring, so that’s going to be YOUR job” she replied.

“Yeah?” he purred into her ear, placing his hand on top of her bare thigh, causing her eyes to shut.
“Yes. And then I’ll take a look at what you picked, so I can see if I should deck you on the head or not,” she smirked.

Tre chuckled, plopping a small kiss on her cheek as he removed himself from the kitchen table to retrieve something from the fridge.
“What are we having for dinner tonight?” he asked, his head practically buried inside the appliance to find something to gorge.
“I don’t know,” Blaze retorted. “Let’s eat out,”
“Where?”
“Uh, how about Ciceros?” she offered.

Blaze was a thirty year old redhead, just five years younger than Tre. They had ‘accidentally’ met at the Sheridan hotel and resort in San Francisco. After Tre and a couple of his pals had planned a ‘man weekend’, she had been the receptionist they had checked in with. Originally, Tre’s friend Steven was the one who actually booked the reservations and spoke to Blaze, but Tre, being the asshole he was, had some complaints to make about his room.

”Good evening,” he greeted the receptionist.
“Hello, how may I help you this evening, sir?” she smiled… just a little too brightly for his taste.

“Well, my friend and I reserved a couple rooms here for the weekend. But I think I want a room change,” he explained.
“That can be arranged, Mr. ….” she paused, not knowing the gentleman’s name.
“Mr. Cool,” he answered
Her eyebrows quirked in amusement, “Your last name is Cool?”
“Not really” he answered cockily, loving the confused expression on her face. “Just a stage name”

“Ok...” she said warily, quickly getting annoyed by this guy. “I’m going to need your name sir, the real one preferably, to change your room,”
“I’m from room 566, it should be under the name Wright”
“Do you have ID?” she asked, still punching keys into the computer.

Tre quickly dug inside his front pockets for his wallet, and when all he found was lint, he crept into his back pant pockets. He slid his driver license on the counter seconds later.
“Thank you,” she murmured.
“May I ask why exactly you want a room change?” she asked, tucking a stray tendril of her red hair behind her ear.

“If you want,” he slyly replied. He didn’t know why, but he felt like annoying the shit out of this woman just to see her gut reaction.
“Never mind,” she muttered, sliding his license back to him on the marble counter. “Is there any special room type you want?”
“Uhhh” he pondered aloud, annoying her even more. “A good view would be nice. That’s why I want the change.”

“Is that your real hair color?” he boldly asked, making her fingers pause against the keyboard.
Her head quickly rose up from the computer screen. Who the hell was this guy?
“Here’s a new key to room 342. I believe you’ll have a view overlooking the entire swimming pool area and grotto, along with a portion of our golf course.” She smiled. “And I’m sure my hair color is a bit more natural than yours, thank you” she added cheekily.

Tre didn’t even need to look in the mirror to catch the point of her answer. He’d recently dyed his hair an outrageous blonde, which (according to Claudia and his friends) didn’t suit him.

“Kinda feisty there, lets not report you to the manager,” he warned with a gentle tone, snatching up the plastic key card from the desk.
“I’m afraid you just did,” she replied just as curtly.


With his back still bent over, still rummaging inside the fridge, Tre was a tad startled when two arms wrapped themselves about his waist.
“I really can’t wait to marry you, Tre” his fiancée murmured. The blue eyed drummer managed to turn around and lift her up, jar of peanut butter in hand, allowing her legs to coil around his sturdy waist.
“I can’t wait either,” he smiled, rubbing his nose against hers.

Sweaty limbs were currently on top of sweaty limbs inside the Reynolds/Lucas household. It was currently late at night and the twins were asleep in their bedroom, leaving time for the two adults in the household to enjoy one another’s company.
“Oh my God,” Serenity breathed heavy, rolling off of Terrence’s chest. “I definitely don’t wanna go to work tomorrow,”
Terrence grinned, trying desperately to get his breathing back to a normal speed. “Me neither. I’d rather spend the day in bed with you,” he smirked, turning to his side to brush his lips against hers. She smiled, bringing up her hand and threading it through his damp hair. He hummed an approval before snuggling his head into the crevice of her sweaty neck, adding sweet kisses to her salty skin.

All was silent for a few precious minutes, only the sound of soft breaths audible in the room.
“Jennifer told me you’re having problems shopping for me,” Terrence mumbled, breaking the soft silence.
“I’m not surprised,” Seny answered, still working her fingers through his short tousled hair.
Terrence softly chuckled, “I don’t know why you care so much. Just get me some socks or something, I hate when people make this huge deal over birthdays and shit,”

“Well thanks for the gratitude,” she murmured sarcastically.
When his girlfriend removes her hands from his scalp, he knew he had irritated her.
“I’m not saying I don’t appreciate you MAKING it a big deal, it’s just not necessary.”
“And who says I’m making it a big deal, Terrence? You don’t know my plans, for all you know I could just buy you a pack of gum and a card and call it a day.”

Sighing, he rolled his eyes, not wanting to really argue right now, but rather sleep.
“You know, just because you dated a couple of stupid celebrities doesn’t mean you have to go all out, that’s all I’m saying,”

Oh No he didn’t…

Craning her head, she immediately sat up from off the bed and flicked on the beside lamp.
“What are you saying? What do my ex’s have to do with anything?”

“Nothing, Serenity” Terrence mumbled, turning around so his back was facing her. “Goodnight,”
“Don’t nothing me, Terrence. What are you trying to say?”

When she received no answer, she could feel the blood begin to bubble in her brain.
“Fine don’t fucking answer me,” she seethed, leaning over to turn the light off. She took an extra long time to get comfortable underneath the sheets, and kept mumbling “coward” and “asshole” interchangeably until she fell asleep.

About 2 weeks later across the country in the suburbs of Berkley, California roamed Tre and a slightly aggravated Blaze.
“Whats wrong with this place?” he nearly growled, removing his arm from around her shoulders.
“I didn’t say anything was wrong with it…” she responded, practically glaring at just the outside of the venue.
“We didn’t even walk inside yet and you have a fucking scowl on you’re face!” he said a little louder than he meant to.

The pair continued to walk along the rather long pathway towards the inside of the venue. And it wasn’t the first of the day, the fourth actually. And what pissed Tre off was that they had both agreed that about six venues would have been perfect, according to online photos and descriptions, and after driving back and forth with a disappointed Blaze, he was getting faintly annoyed.

“Well I’m sorry that it doesn’t look like what we saw online,” she replied with a pair of rolled eyes.
“HELLO? We’re not having the wedding outside, Blaze. Just relax and AT LEAST wait until we get inside to say that it’s horrible,”
“Whatever,” she muttered, opening the large castle like door.

She didn’t like it.

With unsure eyes and folder arms, she continued staring from the ceiling to the corners. Seeing her demeanor, Tre let out a loud sigh before turning around and walking towards the door they just came from.
“Where the hell are you going?” Blaze called out
“To the car, it’s obvious you don’t like the place…as usual,”

She didn’t even bother to run after him, he had been pissy the entire day, and frankly, she was tired of it. So instead she opted to walk around the venue, which was supposed to be used strictly for runway modeling shows. She waltzed inside the bathroom, nodding at the cleanliness. She walked up and down each aisle, onto the stage area, to the receptionist area, basically every corner. It took her about thirty five minutes, and she knew Tre’s blood would be boiling when she got back outside, that is if he hadn’t left already.

She didn’t like it.

“Adie….” Billie whined, “when are we gonna be done here,”

The couple were currently at a fitting for the new summer collection of Adeline clothing. Models had to be measured and fitted for clothing, so the new collection could be placed online and in print ads. Billie Joe and Adrienne had already did a photo shoot today, with plenty of pins and needles poked in his ass.

“I just have to measure her, Billie, just wait” Adrienne murmured, with a pin in between her teeth and measuring tape around a model’s waist.
“We’ve been here for the WHOLE day,” he continued to whine.
Rolling her eyes, Adrienne smiled, shocked at the thinness of this girl’s waist. “Damn, you’re waist is 61 centimeters. What do you eat?”

The 19 year old laughed, “what I want. I took corset lessons a year ago, and its genetics too,”

Shaking his head, Billie walked away. Why did clothes have to fit to the tee? If the damned clothes were too big, give her a smaller fucking size. If they were too small, get a bigger size.

Instead of annoying his wife any further, he decided to munch on something. Waltzing over to a table filled with bagels, he grabbed one of the last cinnamon raisin delicacies and swiped a rather large dollop of cream cheese onto it. Biting into it, he looked to his left when a young woman appeared at his side.

“They starving you too?” she joked, grabbing a plain bagel from the group of many. She flipped her chestnut hair behind her back. When she looked up, her eyes widened. He turned his head and attempted to smile at her.
“Oh, wow. I didn’t know it was you, I thought you were another model,” she grinned nervously.

Billie Joe smiled back and swallowed the food in his mouth, “I guess I should take that as a compliment, but I always thought I was too short for modeling.” He then decided to flip his short dark hair in true Hollywood manner, causing the younger woman to laugh.
“I’m Billie Joe, what’s your name?” he asked
“Oh, um, I’m Samantha,” she said with a wide grin, shaking his hand in delight.

2 hours later, Adrienne was hopping in the car, with Billie Joe already revving up the car to leave.
“What took you so long? I thought all you had left was that one girl?” he asked
Adrienne rolled her eyes, digging into her purse for her cell phone to check for missed calls.

“It was more like eight girls actually. And maybe if you had decided to help me instead of flirting, it would have gone by a lot faster,” she replied bitterly before turning her head towards the window. She knew he was going to get upset by her comment, but she couldn’t hold it in.

“What?!” he squealed, making a sharp left onto the wrong street. “What the hell are you talking about?!”
“Nothing Bi—“
“Don’t nothing Billie me!” he squealed even louder, mocking her voice. “Who the hell was I flirting with? The measuring tape that kept poking me in the fucking ass?!” he yelled.

“Why are you YELLING AT ME?! Just drive the fucking car!” she screamed back.
“I AM! Are you talking about the girl by the bagel table? Oh my God, you better not be…”
“Yeah, I am” his wife replied angrily.
Billie Joe sighed. He was getting quite sick of these little arguments. Shaking his head in annoyance he turned onto the correct street towards the hotel. “She was a fan and she barely recognized me. What do you expect me to do? Not speak to anything with a vagina?” he replied more calmly.

Adrienne continued peering out the window, wanting nothing more but to go home. She was going to say something, but kept her lips pressed; knowing that what came out would probably hurt his feelings. And it had something to do with Serenity of course, it always did. She forgave her husband, but surely she’d never forget.

And nothing more was said for the remainder of the car trip.

Women....
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys like this chapter, the drama should unfold within the next 2. My apologies for the extended wait once more.