Status: Active

If It Means a Lot to You

Run In

I walked into the apartment, setting down my bag and letting out a tired sigh. My best friend and roommate Rachel was sitting on the couch watching TV.

“Hey. How’d work go?” she asked as I sat down beside her.

“Tiring. It was so busy tonight,” I sighed. I pulled my hair out of the bun it was in. “How was work for you?”

“Good. Got out early so I’m happy. I’ve been home all day watching TV.”

“Well aren’t you lucky?”

“Well you’ll be lucky when I tell you about a little surprise I’ve planned for us.” Rachel smirked when I looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

“What is it?” I asked.

“I got us tickets to see A Day To Remember in Anaheim and in San Diego. I also booked a room at a hotel for a couple of nights.” My eyes widened.

“No way.”

“Yes way. I arranged your vacation so everything is done for you.”

“How long have you been planning this? It sounds like you planned out everything.”

“I’ve been planning this since they released the tour dates.”

“You are awesome, Rach.”

“I know.” I rolled my eyes as she laughed. “So you down to go?”

“Hell yeah!” I yelled.

“Good. I get me some sexy Neil time and you get to eye rape Jeremy McKinnon,” Rachel laughed.

“I will not eye rape him.”

“You will and you know it.” I shook my head.

“I’m gonna go to bed. Night.”

“Night.”

***

The crowd waited anxiously in the House of Blues for A Day To Remember to hit the stage. Rachel and I had managed to fight our way to the front and were not giving up our spots.

The lights dimmed and all of us started to scream.

Don’t blink
They won’t even miss you at all
Don’t think
That I’ll always be gone
You know I got you
Like a puppet in the palm of my hand
Don’t you let me down


Jeremy jumped off the platform raising the drum set as the curtain pulled back. The crowd screamed even louder at the sight of the band.

So run like hell,
Sleep with one eye open
You can forgive or forget
You will tell everyone the damage done
Too bad you can’t stop me
You can’t stop me now

I’ll be there just to watch you fall
So don’t push me
I’ve got nothing to lose

Don’t blink
They won’t even missy ou at all
And don’t think
That I’ll always be gone
You know I’ve got you
Like a puppet in the palm of my hand
Don’t you let me down


I sang along as I’m Made Of Wax, Larry, What Are You Made Of? continued. I knew a pit was going on behind us. Everyone around Rachel and I were jumping and singing along as well.

There I go again
I mean it’s so damn hard
To come back from the mess that you’ve made
I need you to know that I told you so
You’re a snake and I confess
Just use your head

I’ll be there just to watch you fall
So don’t push me
I’ve got nothing to lose

Don’t blink
They won’t even miss you at all
And don’t think
That I’ll always be gone
You know I’ve got you
Like a puppet in the palm of my hand
Don’t you let me down


Jeremy stopped in front of Rachel I, crouching down and holding his microphone out to the crowd. He caught my eye and winked, grinning. I looked away, still singing.

“Eye rape,” Rachel mouthed when I looked at her.

Everybody’s out to get me
Any moments could be my last
This is it
You can take it or leave it
Will you run? I will stand on my own two feet
Just breathe

Just breathe

Don’t blink
They won’t even miss you at all
And don’t think that I’ll always be gone
You know I’ve got you
Like a puppet in the palm of my hand
Don’t you let me down


“How the fuck are you doing, Anaheim?” Jeremy asked, his deep voice vibrating through the speakers. The crowd yelled in response. “That’s what I like to hear.”

“Shut up, Jer, and just sing,” Neil hushed as Kevin started to play All I Want.

It seemed like only minutes had passed before Jeremy was announcing their last song of the night.

“Good night! Thanks for coming out!” Jeremy said before walking off stage after they finished their last song.

“You and Jeremy were so eye flirting,” Rachel said as we started to follow the crowd out of the venue.

“We were not. If we were, you’d be too busy with Mr. Westfall to notice,” I retorted. We walked out into the cold night air, being one of the last people to exit the venue. I was pulling on my new A Day To Remember hoodie when I bumped into someone. “Oh sorry,” I apologized, my voice muffled by the hoodie.

“It’s okay,” dismissed a voice I would recognize anywhere. My eyes widened and I slowly pulled down my sweater. Sure enough, a smirking Jeremy McKinnon was standing in front of me. Realizing the mess my hair must’ve been, I hurriedly smoothed it down.

“I’m so sorry,” I gushed breathlessly.

“It’s okay,” he chuckled.

“You guys were great tonight.” His smirk turned into a smile.

“Thanks. It’s always nice to hear things from fans.”

“Yeah, well… I’m… I’ll just…Yeah,” I stammered before walking past him and running over to Rachel.