Pride

Again?!

I yawn as Kai and I make our way to second period. I slept soundly all through first yet somehow I’m still exhausted. Running my hands through my hair, I groan. “Man, I hate school.”

“It’s o-only the second week,” Kai points out and it makes me send a death glare over at him. If I could shoot lasers from my eyes like Cyclops, Kai would be doomed. I would have used them right here and now because damn it, pointing out that we’ve only been here for two weeks just makes it seem worse. “S-Sorry for mentioning it…”

“Damn right you’re sorry!” Pumping a fist into the air, I growl. “I hate school! Hate, hate, hate it! I could be at home right now playing WoW but no I’m stuck here with you!”

Before I have time to inform Kai that I was joking, the boy already managed to practically run down the hall into second period. I sigh because Kai is so touchy. I make one little joke and he’s running off to cry like some four year old. He really pisses me off.

“Kai,” I grunt and sit in the desk in front of him. He isn’t looking at me. “Kai, look at me before I punch you so hard you’ll shit yourself.”

Kai shakes his head stubbornly and glares towards the floor. I sigh before putting on a soft smile that I rarely show. I will smirk or grin, but smile…I don’t know. I just feel that someone’s smile is genuine and it shows a type of trust and that’s why I’ll only smile for my family or Kai. I trust Kai so I think he deserves it.

“I was joking, come on stop being a baby.” I get up so that I’m standing at his side. He finally looks up at me and smiles at my look. “You’re supposed to laugh when I tell a joke.”

“Your jokes aren’t funny,” Kai teases and grins. “They’re just mean.”

I wave what he has to say off and sit back down in the desk. When our teacher walks in she gives us a group assignment so I turn back to face Kai before any of the girls manage to get their slimy fingers on the poor boy. I can only imagine how he would react if he had to work with them. The thought brings an evil grin to my face. Oh…it’d be hilarious.

Although I find the idea hilarious, I don’t allow the girls to get to him. Sighing, I ask, “So did you find anything over the weekend? A scholarship or whatever you were looking for.”

Kai mumbles something incoherently but before I have time to ask he replies, “They found a few scholarships but…I s-still don’t know what college I should to g-go to.”

“Of course you wouldn’t. If you want, I could help.” I scribble down a few answers in my chicken scratch and hand what I have done to Kai. He copies before allowing me to copy what he has. Really, he writes just like a girl but if I said that he’d get offended again.

“No…that’s ok. You h-have to look as well.”

I can’t help but laugh, which gets me an angry look from the teacher but I ignore her. Shaking my head, I lean back in my desk. “Kai, I already told you I’m not going to college. School just ain’t my thing. I’m going straight into the work force.”

Kai frowns and sadly looks down to what we have been working on. Again, he’s such a baby. Every time I mention going into the work force he gets depressed. I’m assuming it’s because there’s a chance we won’t see each other as much and he’ll be forced to go to school by himself, which means communicating with other people besides me. He should know that it will be good for him. I can’t be with him forever. I have my own life.

“Oh and S-Shiloh, I can’t hang out this weekend.”

“Again?!” I holler and this time our teacher scolds me. Rolling my eyes, I do as she says and use my “inside voice” to speak to Kai. “You couldn’t come out last weekend. The hell?”

Kai chuckles softly. “I’m sorry…they just really want me to get everything figured out. Movie night?”

“Damn it…fine. Then we’re going tomorrow to the movies because if we can’t go by this weekend we won’t be able to see it.” I really had planned on going to the movies this weekend but I guess we can catch a late show tomorrow. I guess Mindy and I will just have to hang out again this weekend, if she doesn’t mind. That woman always finds some way to complain whenever I ask her out, what a bitch. She should be happy such a stud even talks to her, let alone hang out together.

Later on that night I’m sitting alone in my room playing WoW. Whenever eight o’clock rolls around and Kai still hasn’t come over I begin to wonder. Normally he’s over as soon as school lets out, bothering me about something stupid. This time though, he went straight home. I didn’t bother asking why because…well we don’t have to be attached at the hip all the time but now I’m starting to wonder what he’s doing.

I get up from the computer and head out onto my balcony. Kai’s balcony is seriously a single hop away. I could step onto my railing and be able to reach his without jumping. I debate on going over when I see that his light is on but decide not to. He must have a reason for not coming over. I shrug and go back inside.

He’s probably trying to research again. That boy is too serious sometimes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hooray for pre-written chapters (up to 17 muhahahaha)
Feedback is always great ~hint hint~

Comment&Subscribe?