Pride

Aren't Very Pretty Anymore

Shiloh P.O.V

“Why are you trying to get us all to go out for dinner again?” I inquire as my mother adjusts my plaid shirt. Damn what the hell is wrong with her? She’s acting like we’re going to some five star joint instead of a steak house.

Women. I’ll never understand them.

“Because,” mom replies then pats my chest while giggling. “We haven’t gone out as a family in a while.”

My brown raises in curiosity. “And Kai is coming with us…?”

“Well you let him fuck you we figured he’d be counted as family now,” says the ass that is begging for me to kill. I send said ass my father a sharp glare that he chuckles at.

I decide to make a smart ass remark as he’s ruffling up his hair attempting to fix it. “Don’t bother old man there’s no hair to fix.”

My dad mocks me like the mature adult that he is. Mom rolls her eyes at our playful banter and sighs, “Stop it you two and finish getting ready.”

She leaves us and once gone dad comes for me. I don’t even manage to shout out before he has me in a headlock, playfully ruffling my hair. I groan for him to stop this nonsense but he refuses to let up until my hair is a frizzy mess.

“Aw well ain’t that too bad,” dad laughs as he exit’s the restroom. “You aren’t very pretty anymore for your boyfriend are you?” A flush comes to my face when dad leans over with his hand on his butt. He groans and says, “Man my hips really hurt. I bet you know how that feels don’t ya?”

“Get the hell out!” I holler although there’s a smile playing on my lips. I’m glad dad is so accepting. It’s actually kind of funny but also embarrassing.

I’m done getting ready soon and we all meet up in the hall. Shania is leading the way to the car. Mom and dad are ahead of Kai and I who are walking closely. When dad is out of ear range I say, “My dad was making fun of me for having sore hips.”

Kai gets it and laughs, “I-it’s great that he’s able to accept us so easily.”

“I guess but I could live without his lame jokes.” I roll my eyes though there’s still a smile on my face. I know that I’m damn lucky. There are a lot of kids who don’t have as accepting or understand parents as mine. There’s even some who accept it but can’t handle it.

Thankfully mine are supportive and I’m glad they are. I’m not sure what I would do if they weren’t. Then again I could never imagine them as being anything but supportive. My parents are very open minded people. They believe that people are who they are and they may like or do different things then us but that doesn’t change anything.

People are people. If you’re a good person we like you if you aren’t we don’t. It’s nice that they think that way and their ways have rubbed off on their children. If only more of society were like them. We wouldn’t have so many problems in this world.

Enough of this philosophy or whatever bullshit.

The five of us get into the car and head for the steak house. We get there and thank god we made reservations because it was pretty packed. We got a booth near the back, took our seats then ordered our food and of course dad had to be…well dad…

“So Kai how’d you do it?” He asks around a grin. All of us look at him interested…until he explains what he meant. “How’d you get Shiloh to take that stick out of his ass and replace it with yours?”

My eyes nearly pop out of my skull while my mother smack my dad angrily and Shania dies of laughter. She actually falls out of the booth with tears rolling down her cheeks. Kai chokes on what he was drinking and many sounds erupt from his lips but none of them are comprehensible.

“Dad what the hell kind of question is that? Fuck, why do you ask such dumb questions and who says I was bottom?” I pound my fist against the table. Kai is still trying to breathe normally and Shania has finally squirmed back into the booth but there are still tears rolling from her eyes.

Mom is about to say something but dad interrupts her with a very snaky comment, “Aha, you two really did have sex. We had our suspicions thanks for clearing that up sonny boy.”

I hate him. I hate him so much that saying I hate him does describe how much I really do hate him. Fuck! I throw my head onto the table. I can’t believe I fell for that. I ran right into it without any thought. Why is my dad so messed up? I don’t understand…well I guess I know where I get my personality from. I obviously take after him.

“Lets put aside the talk of sex,” mom says, sending a stern look to dad. Dad acts innocent and sips from his glass of soda. You know those costumes that are half angel half demon? Yeah that’s basically my dad right now. There’s a halo over his head but we all know it’s being held up by a pair of fiery horns.

He’s an evil, evil man.

“What do you want to talk about then sweet cakes?” Dad inquires then looks to me with a grin that practically screams hahaha! The urge to punch him is almost too hard to ignore.

Mom changes the subject easily to things like how school is doing, what Shania, Kai and I are up to, graduation and other things. It feels real nice to just sit here as a family and chat. Kai isn’t as shy as he used to be when he was a kid and my mom seems very pleased with that.

She thinks he’s the cutest thing and you can tell that’s true by the way she smiles when Kai joins in on the conversation. We stay at the restaurant for a while after we eat our food before returning home. Dad thankfully doesn’t say anymore dumb shit.

“Today w-was fun,” Kai chuckles.

I shrug. “Yeah.”

Kai places his hand on his door but before he steps in he leans in for a kiss. It’s short and sweet but still manages to make my toes curl. I’d never tell him that though.

“See you tomorrow,” he says.

“Yeah…see you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooo I just wanna point out my 18th birthday is in 2 days and as a birthday present you all should comment because I'm only 9 comments away from 500
Do you realize how big of a number that is? Holy shit, that's the most I've ever gotten on a story
LAJSDFOWUEFRLSKDJF

Speaking of comments...um...those of you who read Cursed I just wanna point out that it has been updated but um...there have been no comments on the newest chapter. I shit you not. There are ZERO new comments and I'm just wondering if you all hate the story now? It does kind of suck, sorry lol

Comment&Subscribe?

P.S. I love Shiloh's dad XD