This Four Leaf Clover's All But Useless Now

011

Alex waits patiently, hand in Jack's as they both look up at the doctor stood about a foot away from the end of the bed. Alex knows he has the test results, he also knows Jack is almost oblivious to the fact that he is probably paralysed. He hasn't moved yet, by himself. Sure the nurses have moved him, (Alex has learn this is was part of the procedure they had to take out) but even then, the most time he was asleep. Jack hass been asleep the majority of the time and he understands that he's not allowed to get out of bed just yet- let alone the fact he can't.

Alex knows the hospital can't keep this information from him for too long, they said Alex was free to tell him if he wanted, but he just couldn't bring himself to. So he's just going to wait, and it sure looks like he wont need to do a lot much more of that.

'Jack,' the man greets, pulling a chair over to sit next to the bed.
The screetching noise of the chair against the floor puts Alex on edge all the more as he looks up at Jack through his eyelashes and the younger boy nods and smiles.
'Hello, Mr. Gale.'

Alex was surprised that Jack knew the name of the doctor and he didn't, but then mentally slaps himself when he notices the name tag on his white lab-looking coat.

'We have some news, Jack. I'm afraid not all of it is good.' he offers, eyes skimming over the papers in his hands. Alex feels the grip around his hand tighten, which makes his hearth sink even more. Jack doesn't look at him, he keeps his eyes fixed on flicking between the papers and the middle aged man, waiting for the news to come.

'What is it?' he asks, swallowing loudly. Alex makes eye contact with the doctor before looking away quickly. He wants this over and done with. It's too much.

'Jack, we happen to have come across something...'
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?:)x