Daddy and Dad.

Daddy and Dad

“I can’t believe you finally came out to your baby mama, ‘Lex” my boyfriend, Jack was sitting on my couch with my 3 week old twin daughters in front of him.

“Yea the way I see it, she was a bitch and I was tired of putting up with her and feeling bad because I was cheating on you.” I said.

“‘Lex, baby. Calm down. I didn’t look at it as cheating. I looked at it like a cover-up.” he said, laying his hand on my shoulder. I sighed. Jack was too understanding sometimes. He was definitely more feminine than me.

“Jack. She was just like “you’re gay?” and I was like “yea.” and she was like. “Well, take your kids. I didn’t want them anyway. I knew you were gay anyway.” Then she walked away and drove off.” I said.

“Alex, she’s a bitch. She just wanted your money, anyway. This is going to be hard for the first few weeks, because we have to mom and dad to both of them. We can do this.” he assured me.

“My family doesn’t know I’m gay. Not that it matters, they’d accept it.” I said. “And your family, they already love the fact that we’re together. We couldn’t hide it from them.”

“I know. ‘Lex?” He said.

“Yea?” I said.

“You never told their names.” he said.

“Oh, the one closest to you is Allyson Rose and the one closest to me is Carly Marie.” I said. He nodded and picked up Ally’s carrier.

“We have dinner at my parent’s tonight. Remember? I can’t just call and say that we can’t come, my mother would track me down and beat me.” he said. I laughed before grabbing the diaper bag and Carly and following him to the car. When he pulled up at the house, his mom ran outside and hugged us.

“Alexander, are you still with that horrible woman?” she said. I shook my head.
“No ma’am, just Jack. I came out to her today.” I said. She grinned.

“What are you doing Jack.” she asked him

“I’m getting Ally out. Someone needs to get Carly.” He said looking at me. I blushed before walking around the car and easily getting the older twin out along with the diaper bag.

“So who’s this?” his dad asked once we’d sat them in the living room.

“Allyson Rose and Carly Marie Gaskarth” I said. I unbuckled Carly and laid her on the couch for a second before I unbuckled Ally.

“Will you hold her?” I asked Jack. He looked at me nervously.

“I’ve never held a baby before.” he admitted.

“You hold Roman all the time!” I said.

“Well, he can walk!” Jack said.

“Trust me, you’ll be fine.” I said. I lifted the baby girl up and laid her in Jack’s arms, carefully.

“Just support her head” I said, smiling. I went over and picked up Carly before we walked into the kitchen to see his mom. It was just then we noticed both Jack’s mom and Jack’s dads parents were there.

“Hello Jack. Who’s this” His dads parents asked.

“Um, this is Alex.. My, uh, boyfriend. He’s holding Carly and I have Ally.” Jack said.

“Are you nervous, Jack?” his mom said. He nodded.

“I’m sorry Joyce. He’s just a little nervous about holding a newborn for the first time.” I said.

“Oh, honey. I had two close together but not two the same age. I think you two are going to be great parents. It’ll take practice.” She said. I smiled and looked over at Jack who had sat down with the baby on the couch in the other room.

It wasn’t until halfway through dinner that the babies started crying. Luckily, I was done and could feed them. Trust me, feeding two babies alone is harder than it looks. Jack must have realized this, because he quickly finished before coming in to help me.

This was going to be harder than I thought.

[[3 years]]

The band was off tour for a while, just trying to get into the swing of having families and being famous. Of course, me and Jack had already adjusted. Today was Father’s Day. Carly and Ally are three now, and we adopted a baby boy a few months ago. His name is Noah Christopher. He’ll be one next month. All I know is I’m half awake and Jack isn’t in bed with me, so the kids must be up. I heard the door creak open and Jack whisper to the kids, no doubt. I tried to hide the smile on my face as the girls jumped on the bed in a fit of giggles. They’re almost identical, looks wise. Ally has curly hair and Carly has straight. That’s the only difference. Even at three, you can tell Carly is the more tom-boy one of them. I sat up and looked at the three grinning kids in front of me.
“Good morning” I said.

“Happy Father’s Day Dad!” The girls said. Jack stood in the door.

“Well, thank you. But did you tell Daddy, too?” I said. They grinned and nodded.

“I thought that maybe we could go out for breakfast, but someone is a lazy bum. So I had to call back up in waking you up.” Jack sat down beside me and kissed me. Right as Noah crawled up in my lap and held onto my shirt to stand up and hug my neck.

“Aw, Baby hugs!” Jack said.

“Shut up. Jack. Let’s go.” I said. We loaded up in the car and drove to the only place my girls would eat breakfast – Waffle House. There were other families there too, most with one kid and a mom and dad. Zack and Rian and their families were there too, though. People looked at me and Jack weird as I held Noah on my hip and held Carly’s hand as Jack held Ally’s. We met the guys in the back. While we were eating, I went outside to call my dad and say happy fathers day, so Jack left the kids with Flyzik.

“Hey Jack?” I said, making him look up before I kissed him.

“I forgot to tell you this morning. Happy Father’s Day” I said.