Daddy and Dad.

12 Years Later

You would think that parenthood would get easier as the kids got older. That was not the case for me and Jack, if anything, it got harder. Ally and Carly are now fifteen and are definitely different. Carly is our straight A student, she doesn’t even have to try. She never misses a day of school. In her spare time, she plays guitar for a band. Music, like me and Jack, is her passion. Ally is our straight C student, but it’s enough for us. She tries her hardest in everything. She always waits until she’s really sick and we have to force her to go to the doctor to miss school. She plays soccer, tennis, softball, and runs track – so we’re always at a sports event. Noah is 12 now, he doesn’t even have to try in school and he plays baseball, basketball, and football.

Jack and I decided after Noah turned 7 that we wanted another baby. This time we found a surrogate. We ended up now 5 year olds Braden James and Jordan Alexander. They’re in kindergarten now. Normal five year olds.

“DAD!” Carly was home from school.

“DADDY!” So was Ally.

“FATHERS!” Now Noah was. I got up and held the tiny two year old that belonged to Zack and Heather – who had just gotten married two days ago. We were watching 5 year old Holly and two year old Jace. Jack had just went to pick up the kids from all-day kindergarten.
“Yea?” I said walking into the kitchen. “How was school?”

“It’s school! Anyway, the guys want to know if we can practice in the guest house tonight? Please!” Carly said.

“Fine but you need to be done by 9 when I put Braden, Jordan, Holly, and Jaden to bed. Okay?” I said. She nodded quickly and I turned to Ally.

“Marisa wants me to come over and stay the night.” she said.
“Go.” I said.

“And you Noah?” I said.

“I have a paper on who I look up to the most due Monday. I need help with it.” he said. I held my hand on my chest.

“What? My son needs help with homework?” I said. He glared before going upstairs to change. I sat Jace down and he ran into the living room to watch Yo Gabba Gabba. I leaned against the counter and looked at Carly.

“Please explain to me why I decided to have kids?” I said.

“I don’t know. Maybe because you and Daddy were bored one day and then poof! Nine months later you were stuck with me and Ally” she said.

“Hey now! You were born 4 weeks early and I didn’t get you until you were three weeks old, when I came out to your mom. And you were good babies! Its just the teenage years that are hard on me.” I said.

“And to think, you have 3 more to go through this with.” she said.

“I know. God, I haven’t seen your mom in 14 years.” I said.

“Really?” she asked.

“Yep. I invited her to your first birthday party and she came, but she didn’t stay long and she never came back. Hell, you might have more siblings out there.” I said.

“Let’s hope not. The four I have plus numerous “cousins” are enough” she laughed. I heard the door open and Rian start complaining.

“GROSS.” he moaned coming into the kitchen 8 month old Haylee about a foot away from him and baby puke down his shirt. Me and Carly held back a laugh as Cassadee took the baby from him.

“Rian, quit complaining.” she said.

“But it’s gross!” he said.

“Hey! I had two doing it to me at that age. Get over it, its baby puke. It’ll wash out.” I said. Once the baby was cleaned up, Carly took her.

“Don’t you just want one, Carly?” Rian asked.

“Um, no.” She said.

“Good because this is what sex gets you” he pointed to his shirt. “Unless you’re Alex and Jack.”

“EW I DON’T WANT TO KNOW! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!” she screamed taking the baby outside.

“I’m going to guess Haylee puked on Rian again and he started talking about sex and then said “Unless you’re Alex and Jack...” and she got grossed out.” Jack said walking in. I nodded.

“Rian don’t gross out my children” he said.

[[Three Years]]

I can’t believe I’m watching my little girls walk across that stage for the last time as Dulaney High School students. Jack is on my right, with all of our family and friends. Carly is valedictorian, not a shock. The shock for us in the improvement Ally made the past three years. She has a 3.9 grade point average, almost beating her sisters 4.0. The first time in the schools history, twin sisters are salutatorian and valedictorian. I watched as I Ally made her speech, and then Carly. Carly made me cry, because one – She pointed out that even though she had two dads and they were famous, no one treated her different. They treated her like every other student there. She grew up normally. I’m watching them say their names so they can receive their diploma’s now.

“Gaskarth, Allyson Rose.” The principal called off. Jack took my hand and squeezed it as Ally walked across the stage.

“Gaskarth, Carly Marie.” the principal said again. That’s when we lost it. Both of our little girls were high school graduates. In three years, I’ll be doing it again with Noah. And I’m going to bawl with Braden and Jordan.

Life changed for me at in August of the year I turned 21. I had little girls to care for now, and that meant everything to me. I’m just glad I got to do it with the love of my life – Jack Bassam Barakat. But now, as I look across the gym, on the other side on the top row, I see Kiley Ann James. And when she catches my eye, I see her whisper the words I need to hear from her.

”Thank You, Alexander Gaskarth”
♠ ♠ ♠
LE OVER! :D

Comments are nice :D