Status: The Eastern Conference Finals 2010-2011 Are Ready To Go

Only The Strongest Will Survive

No One Cares About Mac & Cheese!

I adjusted my sunglasses on my face and the Bruins beanie on my head that my head as I stood at the terminal waiting for Adrianna to come out.
“You just make yourself look JUST that more suspicious, just to let you know.” Mandy commented, nodding her head towards me and I stuck my tongue out at her.
“Use my full name and I’ll be forced to smack you.”
“Then I’ll punch you in the baby.”

I gasped and smacked my hand against my heart in mock shock.
“MANDY!” I cried out. “YOU WOULDN’T!” She started to laugh.
“Yeah, I wouldn’t, promis-”

“Roxy!” The cry that cut of Mandy made me burst into a smile as Adrianna Kasar came wandering out of the terminal with her rolling suitcase dressed in sneakers that had seen better days, form fitting jeans, and an Islander’s t-shirt. I bit my lip a little at the pang of sadness that hit me for it was the same Islanders shirt she wore when we first met when she came to tell me Steve had died. A tall good looking man in faded jeans and a vintage Rangers shirt. He had his hand in his pocket and he hung back a little awkwardly, smiling at Adrianna as she ran over to greet me.

I took off my sunglasses and hugged Adrianna deeply.
“So glad you could make it!”
“Me too, glad I managed to get some time off of work to come and at least see one of your games live! I’ve missed you awful.” We let go and I helped her pick up her bag.
“I know what you mean, I miss everyone from my past a little too much. But that’s what makes moments like these special.” I turned around and pointed to Mandy who smiled and waved. “This is Amanda Brooke, you can call her Mandy, she was my old roommate and friend from college.”

Adrianna smiled and held out her hand.
“Nice to finally meet you Mandy.”
“You too Adrianna, Roxy raves about you.” Adrianna laughed and flashed me a smile.
“Do you really?”
“Why wouldn’t I?” I responded before Adrianna turned around and grabbed the man in the Rangers shirt and pulled him forward. It was then that I noticed a little sparkle of a ring on her left hand but it disappeared so fast, I didn’t know if I saw what I saw.

“Allow me to introduce Nicholas Stollen.” The man came forward and flashed me a white, toothy smile. He had a beautifully carved face and stubble around his jaw, bright blue eyes, and floppy red hair. Seriously, if my heart and soul and now formed unborn child wasn’t bound to Tuukka Rask and his adorable Scandinavian self, I would melt to the floor right there. So you’re Adrianna’s boyfriend…she got herself a freaking Abercrombie model! I took his strong hand and he spoke up.

“Shit, I never ever thought I would be shaking hands with Roxanne McGregor. I seriously didn’t believe Adrianna when she told me she was good friends with you. It’s such a pleasure to meet you in person.” Wow…he even had a nice voice!
“Well she is and has been since before I joined the NHL ranks. Nice to finally meet the man that Adrianna says beats mine by a long shot.” I gave her a mock glare before returning to Nick. “You better be treating her right.” Nick chuckled.
“I think I am, no worries.”

Adrianna burst into a big smile.
“He is Roxy, you wont believe what happened.” Adrianna held up her left hand and I saw the sparkle of a diamond ring on a silver band and my mouth dropped.
“Yo-y-yo-ur…”
“I’m engaged and getting married next spring!” I squealed and jumped into Adrianna’s arms while Mandy clapped as well.
“I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!” I cried.
“I barely know you and I’m so happy for you!” Mandy did as well and we all laughed, the annoyance and doubt that had been invading my mind about Tuukka was pushed back with all of this joy.

“This requires some celebration back at the apartment and I also have really big news as well.” I said as I picked up Adrianna’s carry on and we started walking out of Logan Airport, other travelers moving around us.
“Really? What is it?”
“You’ll find out.”

*****

“You’re having a baby!?” Adrianna cried out, spitting pomegranate vodka cocktail all over the place and I wiped my face with my hand.
“That was disgusting!” Mandy and Nick cracked up as I wiped the rest of the drink off my face with a napkin, placing my can on coke on the counter.
“I’m sorry, but I’m in shock!” Adrianna cried. “You skipped over two very important steps and went right to the baby carriage!”

I rolled my eyes.
“Thanks, I didn’t already figure that out myself!”
“I know, skipped over engagement and marriage and went right for the baby carriage!” Mandy commented.
“Nice rhyme!” Nick pointed out, raising his glass to her and she lifted hers in response.
“Thanks, been working on that all year.”

We all shared a good laugh before Adrianna spoke up.
“So we’re the boyfriend? Thought he’d be here.” I shrugged before pouring myself some more coke.
“I don’t know where he is.” I answered wistfully.
“Uh oh, do I hear a sense of sadness in your voice? Don’t tell me you’re having issues.” I heaved a sigh before responding.
“You could say so. Telling your boyfriend he’s going to be a dad is probably the biggest nuke you could drop, it’s bound to do some damage.”
“Okay…true that. But it better not be so bad you don’t live together! No way am I allowing my best friend to break up with the father of her baby who also happens to be on the same team as her!”

“This just seems to be a recipe for disaster.” Nick commented and I looked at him.
“Tell me about it.” Just then the door opened and as if on cue, Tuukka walked into the door and stopped at the sight of everyone hanging out in his house.
“Damn, full house?” I smiled at Tuukka, hoping tension wouldn’t break out .
“I told you we would. Tuukka, you know Adrianna right?” I asked, pointing to the smiling older sister of Steve.
“Yeah, I do.” He said, flashing one of his sweet smiles that always made me weak at the knees. “Nice to see you again.”

“You too Tuukka.” I then pointed to Nick to my right.
“And this is her fiancé Nicholas Stollen.” Nick held out his hand.
“Nice to meet you.”
“You too, hopefully my girlfriend isn’t scaring the shit out of you.” I sent a mock glare in the men’s direction and Nick laughed.
“No she isn’t.”

The rest of the evening went smoothly as we all caught up and bonded but every time I caught Tuukka’s eyes, it seemed like he wanted to talk to me. Alone. Badly. I would then take a sip of my drink anxiously and began to have toxic thoughts flood my mind about how Tuukka and I weren’t meant to be and that trying to continue to stay together was pointless.

*****

I sat down on the edge of my bed as Tuukka flopped on his side, arm over his head and staring at the ceiling fan, which was currently rotating slowly.
“For once we have a full house.” He said, not looking away. I smiled a bit before slipping under the sheets myself and lying down.
“Glad you don’t mind.” He turned to look at me.
“No, not at all. They’re here to see you play and that’s always something special.” He stopped talking before slowly looking away. “Though you shouldn’t be playing.

I sighed heavily before sinking further into the pillows, afraid insomnia would hit for now we were back on this topic and I would probably spending the entire night fretting over when this would finally be resolved.
“Tuukka, why are we still bitter with each other? You would think after…after…that whole incident-” I never had the guts to say it out loud, how I almost killed myself-“we wouldn’t do this sort of shit ever again.” Tuukka sat up and looked over at me, face set with a frown.

“I know what you mean Roxy, but goddammit, you sound almost like a hypocrite.” I bit my bottom lip as Tuukka continued. “You always needed something to keep you alive and going and happy. And guess what?” He pointed at my stomach. “You got it but your gambling with it and I don’t like that.” I sat up and stared deep into his dark eyes.
“I’m not gambling, I’m taking precautions!” I argued. “I’m five weeks, our kid has just started. With extra padding, me and the baby will be okay. The season could end at any moment and this is my first playoff season. I want to live the moment!” Tuukka blinked before slowly falling back into the pillows and staring at the ceiling fan again, venting his thoughts.

“You better be telling the truth, that what you are doing is not harming you or the kid. The thought of what could happen from now to when he’s born scares me, all right? I don’t want to lose it and the thought of you playing and having a miscarriage hurts me deeply. And I’m not the one struggling with depression and suicide.” He looked over at me. “But you are and you’re the one carrying my kid. I fear what it would do to you if you ended up killing your unborn kid.” I was struck silence. How? How was it that he could just take something and slam me in the face with it so well?

I pulled my knees up to my chest, looking around at our dark room; the floor had a pattern of city lights across it, illuminating my hockey gear. I didn’t know how to deal with the thoughts, honestly. It was always hockey that I was able to get rid of my inner struggles. It was why I wanted to continue it. On the ice, there was only one goal and one thought: to win. And this was the playoffs too…

How selfish was I being right now?

Despicable?

I never answered Tuukka and he rolled over, his back to me and I slowly leaned back, clutching my stomach. I had to make up my mind, now.

*****

Had I made up my mind? Nope.

Was I still playing? Yes.

Was everyone pissed at me? Yes.

“What’s wrong with the Flyers?” Thorton asked as we all stripped off our gear. “I feel like we went for a stroll through the park with this 5-1 win!”
“Tell me about it. Did someone tranquilize them?” Horton asked as Lucic raised his hand.
“I did.”
“Knew it.” I kept quiet and to myself, listening to the chatting going on around me as everyone stripped, chatting about the tamed game we had. In all honesty, I was expecting the Flyers were firing up for a comeback on Saturday. No way were they going to allow us to let us take them out in a sweep.

“Alright schoolgirls, enough chit chat, get cleaned up and get the fuck out there for interviews.” We started to clean on double time and in about 15 minutes I found myself with wet red hair hanging from my head as I sat down with recorders and other miscellaneous journalism equipment shoved into my face.

“Roxanne, how does it feel to be possibly pulling off a sweep?” I heard someone ask and I looked up at the cameras before speaking.
“Exhilarating. Incredible. Do I need to continue with the synonyms?” That brought out some chuckles before another question was thrown in.
“Last year, the Bruins were up 3-0 before the Flyers came back and crushed you all in a four game winning streak, knocking you out of the playoffs and sending you packing embarrassed. Many people are saying that the Bruins are going to allow history to repeat itself. What do you, as a player for this team, hope to contribute to keep history from repeating itself?”

I took a deep breath and thought deeply on this question. It was often repeated over and over again, about how the Bruins were going to choke again because its all we ever do.
“The people who are saying that ‘we’re going to repeat ourselves’ don’t seem to know hockey that well. They would know that hockey never happens the same way twice. No series is the same. Why are we any different to that sense of logic? History is written by the victors and this year we will be the victors and I hope to contribute to the scoreboard to show everyone that you just shouldn’t stop believing.”

Before anyone could follow up on my answer, my ears were filled with a steady sound of applause and I face palmed as Team Canada Elbowed their way to me.
“Micky, you bring tears to my eyes!”
“Moving, so moving!”
“You’re our ray of hope!”

Yeah, that wasn’t going to be left out at all.

“Roxanne!” I managed to bat away my good friends to give my full attention to the reporter before me.
“Yes?”
“Lately you haven’t been playing the amount of time you usually do. Today you were out two times everyone period but last game you were only out once every period. Is there something going on that you wish share?” I raised my eyebrows at the reporter before responding.
“Nothing that needs to be addressed, no. Everything is perfectly fine.”
“If you say so.”

The reporters thinned out and Marchand nudged me.
“Dodged that bullet.” I rolled my eyes.
“Don’t remind me.”
“When are you actually going to tell them?” Bergeron asked. “Can’t hide it forever.”
“I have no clue. Everyone but the general public is finding out so it’s a matter of time. I’m just hoping till after the playoffs. Now let’s get out of here, I’m feeling extremely tired and my bed is waiting along with guests.”

*****

“I’m scheduled for a doctors appointment on the 8th about my pregnancy.” I called to Tuukka before walking to the door. I had a therapy appointment not at Ms. Arington’s but at Marchand’s. Tuukka looked over at me.
“Should I come?” He asked. I shrugged.
“If you feel it’s necessary.”
“I do, I’ll be coming.” I smiled sadly at him.
“Thanks babe.” I said. He looked at me and opened his mouth as if to say something before closing and kissing me on the forehead.

“Take care, alright?” I nodded.
“I will. No worries cause I’ll be at Marchand’s.”
“That calls for worries.” He responded and I cracked into a smile.
“You better not still be bitter you.” I said.
“No…not at him.” At me. I know, you don’t have to voice it.
“Be back later.” I said as I exited the door and descended the stairs, wondering how Adrianna and Nick were enjoying their day out and about Boston. Mandy mumbled about not wanting to be trapped in the house watching playoff repeats and I asked if she wanted me to accompany her on a walk around Boston. She declined and said that she needed to just walk alone and collect her thoughts.

I knew the feeling.

I just hope she doesn’t get lost. After some good time of walking through Boston and dodging people, I managed to get to Marchy’s and got inside to find Boychuk and Lucic restraining a squirming Marchand to the floor.
“LET ME GO! LET ME AT HIM!” Seguin was off in the corner of the room hollering with laughter while Krejci was face palming and Bergy was casually chugging something watching the sight with amusement.

“Is this going to turn into a Marchand Therapy Session instead?” I called form the door and everyone stopped what they were doing and waved.
“Hey! The pregnant redhead arrives!” Lucic called and Marchand quickly wiggled out of his captivity and stood up, brushing off dirt from the floor and huffing. Seguin still hadn’t calmed down and Krejci piped up.
“If you’re wondering what is going on, Seguin was agitating the agitator about his height and his nose.” I started to chuckle before flopping down on the couch.

“Should have known!” I looked over at Marchand who was now beating Seguin with a pillow. “Hey! Brad! Do you have crackers? I’ve been trying not to barf on my way here an crackers help with nausea.”

Marchand quickly stopped his assault and ran to his kitchen, tripping over shit on the way.
“NO WAY ARE YOU PUKING IN MY HOUSE!” Everyone just looked at each other as the sounds of boxes and pans were topping over in the kitchen and random curses. “No! No! Go back in your home mac & cheese! Go back in your home!” I looked over at the guys.
“Mac & cheese, so Canadian.”
“Hey.” Came the monotone response from four Canadians. Marchand came running back into the room and threw a box oyster crackers at my face.

“HERE ARE YOUR CRACKERS!”
“AH!” I squeaked as the box hit my face. “MARCHAND!”
“DON’T PUKE ON ME!”
“This is going to be a failure of a session.” Bergeron commented. Krejci nodded solemnly at him in agreement.
“This is going to be a long night.”

*****

It took some time, but everyone finally settled the fuck down and Roxy began to vent to her friends while eating her crackers. Krejci was having fun just watching her shoving them mechanically into her mouth as she talked. Before he could interject with a comment, his phone began to go off and Lucic slapped the phone off the coffee table.

“God dammit, this is not the time for personal phone calls!”
“What the fuck man!” Krejci said, diving for his phone and picking it up. “Hello?”
"Lucic?" The voice of Anna Trovato filled my phone and before Krejci could confirm it, her voice dropped to a more serious tone. "Is this a bad time?" Krejci looked around at the room. Roxy was glaring at Marchand who had just finished saying something that wasn’t helping the situation while Boychuk was face palming and Bergy just casually handed Roxy’s the box of oyster crackers back.

“Yeah…no actually, what’s up Anna?”
"I was just calling to check up on everyone there, and how your series with Philadelphia is going."
“It’s going more then fine! Got one more game to play before we cut the Flyers completely from the Finals. Be more then great, enact our revenge finally.” Krejci responded before Roxy began to chat quietly with the other guys, Krejci wondering what was now being discussed. “As for everyone doing up here? Eh, we’ve had better chemistry on the team.”

Krejci suddenly got a pillow to the face and Roxy’s voice filled the room.
“SHE DOESN’T NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THIS ISSUE!”
"What issues, David?" Krejci picked up the pillow and threw it back to Roxy.
“Nice one Roxy, she heard that so I guess I might as well say it.” Roxy glared at Krejci before he moved the phone back into position. “Well, a certain forward of ours has recently been notified about a condition that renders her ability to play but she’s refusing to allow it to stop her and the goalie she has eloped with is quit upset with this irrational decision and now he’s not talking with her and she’s all upset and raging on hormones and we have to deal with it.” Krejci let out a big breath from his long explanation.

Bergeron, Marchand, Boychuk, and Lucic were laughing at his explanation to Anna about what was going on while Roxy was doing the “I’m watching you” hand motion.
There was a sound of silverware dropping as Anna guessed right off the bat what was going on.
"E-eloped? She's pregnant?" Krejci started to laugh.
“Yup! Roxanne’s pregnant with a Finnish baby.” Roxy jumped off the couch, oyster crackers going everyone on the floor and Marchand beginning to gripe about the mess. (That’s when Boychuk told him that at least she didn’t barf)
“DAVID KREJCI! DON’T SPREAD THAT AROUND!”

"Don't spread it around? Is it not Tuukka's?" Anna asked seriously. Krejci stopped laughing.
“No, no, no, it is! It is Tuukka’s, she just doesn’t want so many people finding out and getting the media to catch wind of it an-” Krejci suddenly had the phone taken from his hand and saw Roxy standing there, talking with Anna.
“Basically Anna, I want to continue playing but if the media caught wind of this…holy shit explosion of controversy!”

"Forget the media, McGregor. What about your body? Any damage at any stage is fatal. Who cares who knows? You need to protect yourself and the baby Rask inside of you." I bit my lip, Anna speaking sense and I could hear Tuukka saying those same words.
“But it’s so damn early and I’ve been careful and double padded myself…I’M IN THE STANELY CUP FINALS FOR GOD’S SAKE!” I collapsed to the ground. “I’m sorry for that outburst.” I quickly added.
"Is that cup worth a life?"

The eighteen wheeler plowed me over once again and I fell onto my back on the floor.
“I…I…I don’t know…I don’t know Anna. I’m living my dead father’s dream right now but I’m pregnant with the kid of a man I love who isn’t talking to me now and just…ugg I don’t know what to do or think! I can’t think straight!”
"Let me call you back." The phone call ended and I sat up, closing the phone before looking at the rest of the room.

“I have no idea what is going on anymore.”
“Yeah, me neither.” Marchand commented. “I’ve been dazing off and wondering if I should make Mac & Cheese or not.” Seguin looked at him.
“You would.”

*****

Tuukka jumped a little at the feeling of his phone vibrating in his pocket, not expecting that. He pulled it out and answered it.
“Hello?”

"The fuck is wrong with you, Tuukka Rask? If that child is yours, you will support her, and you will take care of that child. If she chooses to play, you will make sure she is safe. The moment that you are out of playoffs, should that happen, I will kill you if you do not take care of her. That woman I just talked to loves you, cares about you, and wants a future with you, and here you are, cutting her out. Man up, or I will drop what I am doing, I will not play tomorrow, and I will come to Boston to rip you a new one personally."

Tuukka’s eyes widened and he stopped everything he was doing at the mental image of an enraged Italian girl coming and beating his ass to a pulp for he knew Anna Trovato would live up to that threat and succeed to shredding him.
“Whoa, whoa, whoa, back up. What is going on? How do you know? Of course I’m going to be taking care of her! I’m trying to but she’s being stubborn!”
"NO, YOU ARE BEING STUBBORN, YOU JACKASS. I WANT YOU TO WALK INTO WHEREVER YOUR GIRLFRIEND IS, SWEEP HER OFF OF HER FEET, KISS HER, AND SUPPORT HER. I called David, and things just went from there. Calling her stubborn is stressful for her. Tuukka, it may not be right, but there's only a bit left. Nothing bad can happen between now and then, alright? Just keep an eye on her." There was a pause in her rant. "Make sure she drinks a lot of orange juice"

Tuukka began to sputter, not sure how to form the correct words cause he wasn’t sure how he was feeling at this point.
“I…I…bleh…ble…fuuuuuuuuck. Fuck Anna, how do you manage to just take someone’s point of view and twist it to see the truth? Now I have no idea what the hell to think or do right now and what does orange juice have to do with my pregnant girlfriend!?”
"Suck it up, Rask. I told you to go to her, sweep her off her feet, and kiss her until no tomorrow. If I don't get confirmation of this, or a picture, from David, then I will come to Boston. Orange juice has Vitamin C, folic acid, and calcium, which will keep her and the baby healthy. It's also really good."

Tuukka rubbed his face, feeling like down right shit right now.
“Okay, okay, okay, okay! I’ll go to her and sweep her off her feet! I guess I’m not being rational either. She’s not being rational and I’m not either…but it’s a crazy emotional time now.”
"OF COURSE SHE'S NOT RATIONAL, SHE'S PREGNANT. Pull your head out of your ass, Tuukka. Please." Tuukka sighed heavily, thinking once again that he was going to be a Dad and a wave of returning anxiety hit him. “In all honesty, I’m scared shitless.”
"It will be alright, okay? So it's a change, and it's a little early in the ballgame, but that's all right. It wouldn't have happened if the two of you couldn't handle it. Have a little faith, Tuukka. Have a little faith.” Anna said sympathetically.

“You’re right Anna, you’re right, you’re right, you’re right. Alright, I’ll go find Roxy and make up to her. I’ll watch out for her too. You won’t need to worry anymore.”
"I doubt that, Rask. If I find out my friend isn't taking care of his pregnant girlfriend, we obviously have a problem. Don't think I won't be keeping an eye out myself. And Tuukka?"
“Yeah Anna?”
"I know I'm right."

“Fine, you’re right! I’m an asshole! I get it!” Tuukka rubbed his face with his hand, sighing heavily.
"Now that we're all on the same page, I will be awaiting that picture. Good luck against Philadelphia."
“Thanks Anna, we’ve got one more game against them. And you will get that picture.” Somehow.
"Hopefully your team will bring it to a close. I wish I could say the same, but I hate the idea of going to another Game 7."
“Me too, enact some revenge. By the way, speaking of your series, what’s been going on with you and that Semin guy?”

"They say it's sweet” There was a pause before Anna spoke again. "What are you talking about? Nothing's going on." Tuukka snickered a little to himself.
“I don’t know Anna, the way he’s acting towards you, coming over to make sure your alright and shit…kind of reminds me of my behavior to Roxy before I started to date her.”
"I'm not dating him, I'm not going to date him, and any other questions, the answer is either yes or no. It's not a big deal, he just felt bad." The way Anna responded heatedly made Tuukka chuckle.
“Denial, that’s where it all begins.”

"It's not denial. I don't like him, alright? I talked to him myself, and he told me he only felt guilty, so it doesn't matter. Whenever I've gotten involved with someone, it doesn't last, so why would I try now? I'm nearly 25, so it's stupid to try now." Tuukka heard something being chucked and going thunk as if Anna was throwing something away. He half expected it to be the phone. "Even if I did, and I'm not saying I do, it's not worth it."

“Come on Anna, it’s never too late. I’m a year behind you. Just a year and I got involved with someone. Took me awhile to finally find one that last but hey, found one nonetheless. Why should yours be any different?”
"First of all, I'm not you. Second of all, I'm pretty freaking social awkward. Third, he's not even interested in me. Look, I can't date him anyways. He's Russian, I'm not. I'm partially Italian, he's not. My family will not approve, regardless if his does or not. It's a cultural thing." Tuukka sighed and scuffed his foot on the ground before him.
“I’m Finnish and Roxy is not but that didn’t stop me. Sorry to bring it up Anna, but you’ve been helping me and Roxy be happy…I just want to try and return the favor and see you be happy again.”

"What makes you think I've ever been happy? What makes you think I'm not happy? I appreciate it, I really do, but I don't care anymore. Please just drop it. The problem here is your girlfriend and her career, for now. Not my nonexistent love live."
“Subject dropping…but in all honesty, if this guy doesn’t give up on you why not give him a chance?” Tuukka then quickly changed the subject. “Subject dropped now. For good. I will go find Roxy now and sweep her off her feet and then start trying to come up with names cause I’m pretty sure that’s the first thing she’s going to say once we make up.”

"Then I'll make him give up, because I assure you, I'm not someone he wants. Don't pick a ridiculous name, Tuuk. Oh, and you can have sex for up to six months after the pregnancy, so I'd make use of that while you can." Tuukka started laugh.
“Thanks for that tidbit, I’ll get on with live easier knowing that.”
"Most do. I'm hanging up now. Go make up with her, or I will book that plane ticket now."
“On it! Krejci will send you the picture. Thanks again Anna and good luck with Washington.”
"Good luck with Roxy."
“Thanks, good bye Anna.”

Tuukka pocketed his phone before running to grab his jacket to head outside. He had an idea in his head that Roxy would probably roll with. Her doctors appointment was this Sunday and only one game stood between it and today. It was just one game, she could sit it out. He’ll probably just hand her a baby name book and she would be entertained for hours picking out ridiculous names before getting serious. Don’t pick a ridiculous name. He wouldn’t at first but he knew his fiery redheaded girlfriend was going to turn it into a joke.

*****

The last thing I had expected after yelling at Marchand to get his mind of Mac & cheese was Tuukka coming into the apartment and plowing me over in a kiss and David Krejci taking a picture and sending it to Anna Trovato.

What is my life?

I checked myself once more in the mirror, straightening my skirt before turning to smile at Tuukka.
“Look good enough to sit in the box?” Tuukka looked at me and smiled.
“Better then good.” He walked over and kissed me deeply. “I’m glad you agreed with my terms.” I looked up at him.
“Well it is logical. Sitting this game out and then seeing at the doctor’s if it is safe to continue what I am doing. If so, I will continue. If not I will tell the world and then continue to cheer you on from the sidelines.”
“Just like you said you would when you said you wanted to quit.”

“I never will stop cheering you guys on even if I’m traded.” I then stopped and began to think. “I will stop cheering on Marchand though if he continues to insist on naming the kid Bradley!”

Entering into the TD Garden that day was exhilarating. The cheers from our fans filled us up with the adrenaline needed to take on the Flyers. I bid my teammates good luck before heading up to the box to sit and watch the action. I entered the box and let out a cry of excitement to see who my company was to be. Not only was Mandy, Adrianna, and Nick there but Bobby Orr was sitting there in a suit and tie and a plastic cup filled with beer and smiling away like he was twenty years old and playing hockey again.

“BOBBY!” I cried. “This is unexpected!”
“I could say the same for you!” He said, getting up and giving me a big hug. “Why aren’t you down there playing?! This is the moment!” I took a deep breath.
“Well, circumstances arose.” I stated.
“Oh?” He said.
“Yeah, let’s just say I’m going to be a parent in the future.” Bobby Orr slowly shook his head before cracking into a smile and wrapping an arm around my shoulder and bringing me to the edge of the box so we could look down at the rink.

“That would be a good reason why you shouldn’t be playing. Congratulations Roxy.”
“Thanks Orr.”
“You’ll be playing the rest of the playoffs, right?” He asked.
“I hope to.” I answered.
“I hope so as well, now shall we enjoy some Bruins hockey?” I smiled.
“Since I can’t play it tonight, might as well enjoy watching it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So. So. SO. SO. SO. SO. SOOOOO sorry for the lack of updates! I really really am! College started up again and sophomore year at Culinary School has me SWAMPED!! I'm so sorry if this chapter is poor, i completely understand if you're irritated but now that things have finally settled, I should be able to get back to updating. One more chapter and I'm fully caught up to Roxy and Lauren.

Again, I am TERRIBLY sorry for going dark!

(ps, if you have a Tumblr, feel free to find me and add me! I would love to follow you guys! hockeyorgtfo