Status: The Eastern Conference Finals 2010-2011 Are Ready To Go

Only The Strongest Will Survive

We All Aren't Who We Think We Are

Image


“Roxy, wait, can you rethink this? I don’t know if it’s a good idea.” I completely ignored Tuukka as I made my way outside the TD Garden. It was nearing midnight and the masses from the game were completely cleared out and had headed home. Instead of heading back to the apartment after the game, I had the resolve to go find Pacioretty and apologize to him for smashing him up terribly. We had gotten the announcement that he was awake and functioning at the hospital, which had me falling onto my back in relief in the middle of the locker room. Tuukka had just given me a look before picking me up off the floor fireman style.

THAT had gotten me back into the current moment and time.

“I need to Tuukka, it is a good idea. It’s what is right and it’ll put me at ease and its just sportsmanlike.” I turned to look at him as he was struggling to get on his jacket.
“I know but…the Habs are not going to appreciate you being there after doing this.”
“Well they’ll have to deal! We’re always different on and off the ice Tuukka. I’ll be alright.” I came over to him and placed my hands on his face and leaned up to give him and gave him a gentle kiss on the lips. “Why so on edge?”
“Because the last time you left irrationally I almost lost you.” He said seriously. I gave him a soft smile, feeling my heart fill up at those words.
“Tuuk.” I brushed curls off his forehead. “You can keep calm with this one.”
“But-”

I saw a figure coming down the hallway towards where we me and Tuukka were standing and I recognized the walking stance and black hair, connecting it to one person who would help me get to Pacioretty and possibly calm Tuukka down.
“Carey?” I called out, moving Tuukka aside a little as the Canadien goalie picked his head up. “Oh good! You could help me out!”
“I can?” Carey asked dully, looking between me and Tuukka, Tuukka looking uncertain about what just sprang up.
“Carey, I need to go to the hospital and find Pacioretty and apologize to him for what I did. It’s been bugging me and I want to see for myself how he is.”
“I…can do that.” Price said, straightening his jacket up.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa.” Tuukka cut in. “Since when have you guys been on equal terms?”
“Since he found me getting assaulted by Jake.” I said.
“What she said.” Carey said, pointing to me.
“I know…but still…” Tuukka pointed Carey down. “You gave her shit at Super Skills.”
“That was what, four months ago?” Carey stated. “It’s been awhile and your girlfriend has proven herself over those months.” I raised my eyebrow at Price.
“Well, well, well! I thank you for that compliment! And can I say you’re looking rather expression-filled today?” Price just gave me a not amused face in return while Tuukka shot me a look.
“I thought you were going to say ravishing and I was going to call our relationship into question.”
“No worries Tuukka.” I said. “Price isn’t my kind of guy.”
“But still!” Tuukka said, not being able to handle this right now. “I don’t trust it!”

“If you’re girlfriend wants me to take her to my teammate, I will.” Price said. “I think she would do the same in return for me for I did help her out not that long ago.”
“By scaring away my disgusting ex-boyfriend.” I said. “I can’t thank you enough for that.”
“You don’t need to thank me.” Tuukka’s shoulders dropped.
“I hate hearing that cause I wasn’t the one who got to beat your ex-boyfriends face in.”
“I didn’t beat his face in.” Carey said.
“That was Claude.” I said, without thinking, before plummeting into a whole different scenario. Oh shit, Giroux! The poor guy! I haven’t talked to him since then! Fuck!
“WHAT!? Why is everyone else defending my girlfriend and I haven’t done shit!?” Tuukka pouted. “I’m so incompetent.”

“Anything but.” I said. “Jake just seems to think and know when I’m not with you.” I shivered at that thought. “Creepy bastard.” Tuukka just gave me a dejected face, clearly not liking that answer.
“Look man, nothing is going to happen to your girlfriend. Seriously. Do I honestly look like someone who would beat her in back alley?” Carey defended, staring Tuukka down.
“Yes.” Tuukka answered.
“Tuuk, you are not helping. At all.” I added. “If you keep complaining I’m dragging you with me.” Tuukka let out a heavy sigh.

“I’m not going to win this.” Pointing down Price, the angry Finn coming out. “Anything happens to her and you’re going to pay. Big time.”
“I know that and nothings going to happen.” Tuukka nodded before coming over and giving me a quick kiss before leaving me alone with Carey Price. “What is up you’re boyfriend’s ass?” He asked.
“Nothing.” I snapped at him, heading towards the outside, Carey following my stride. “He’s just concerned for my welfare after-” I cut short of saying too much. “He’s just on edge after everything.” I finished lamely.
“Like…you’re suicidal accusations? Your Mysterious hospital visit that no one will speak about?” Carey accused, looking sideways at me. “Kind of a little suspicious.”

I turned and looked at the Canadien goalie.
“It was nothing.” I said.
“Then please explain the scar I keep seeing on your arm.” I looked quickly at my arm and tugged the sweatshirt I was wearing down more.
“It’s nothing Carey, and you will forget about it.” Carey stopped and grabbed the arm I was hiding and held it out, ripping my sweatshirt off of it.
“I don’t think this is nothing and something that can be forgotten about.” I stared down at the ugly, long scar along my arm. “This looks like something worse and after all I have heard, I’m connecting some dots.”
“This isn’t your business Carey Price. This is to me and my friends and family.”

“So this is what kept you, Carey.” I quickly turned, alarmed at the voice and saw none other than Anna Trovato standing there, looking upon the scene that was before her.
“Sorry Anna, came across Roxanne here who wants to be taken to see Pacioretty.” I jerked my hand away from Carey and covered up the nasty scar.
“Yeah, and a certain Canadien goalie was trying to jump into someone else’s business that does not pertain to them”
“Carey does tend to do that from time to time.” Anna looked up from my arm and looked at Price. “Don’t you, Carey?”

Carey sent a smile at the Tampa Bay forward.
“Nice one Anna, nice.” I looked between the two, slightly confused over what I was seeing.
“Trovato, what are you doing in Boston? Aren’t the Tampa Bay Lightning in the Playoffs?” I asked her, hoping to change everyone’s mind off of the nasty scar on my arm that Price so kindly showed off. Ann looked at me, raising an eyebrow in the process.

“It was only a three hour flight. As long as I was present for practice this morning, Boucher didn’t mind.” Crossing her arms, she took a couple of steps forward. “Besides, I’m used to flying.” I shrugged.
“Makes sense, it’s only right to cheer on your friends when you get the chance. Are you hoping to go see Pacioretty as well?” I hoped nothing hostile popped up at this point cause the whole reason I was really with Carey right now was for a reason that shouldn’t be fill with bitter comments thrown at each other.
“After becoming acquainted with career-ending injuries, it always helps to have someone come and show they care. Makes it hurt less.” Price shifted his weight onto his other leg. Anna stuck her hand in her pocket, and tossed him some keys. “We should go, it’s getting late.”

“Agreed.” I said, walking behind Carey towards the outside of the TD Garden. “If I don’t get there soon enough and say sorry and make sure he’s okay, I might pass out on the way and Tuukka will freak the fuck out if I don’t come home tonight.”
“I pulled the car up, right outside the door. I figured you might be tired.” Anna said before turning to look at me. “How are you and him doing, by the way?” An unfamiliar car appeared before me and as I noticed Carey going for the driver’s seat, I figure it had to be it, seeing as Anna held open a door for me. Shit, that was really nice of her.
“We’re doing good right now.” I answered Anna, turning as giving her a smile. “I mean, it got really rocky recently and almost completely fell apart. Thought I was going to die.” I got into the car and Anna followed suit as she responded to my comment, Carey starting up the car.

“But you didn’t and that’s all that matters. If you were supposed to have died, or things were to have gone badly, then that’s how it is sometimes. Live and let die.” I looked over to her, actually making eye contact. “While death may seem like the appropriate response, it usually never is. Just keep pushing forward. If you go out, trying to kill yourself in every practice, every game, every workout, you just cover up the problem. You try to kill yourself with other methods, you are just covering up the problem, and it can never heal.” I stared ahead at the road as Carey began to drive to the hospital, letting the words that Anna spoke to me sink in. It was like she knew what I had done.
“I have learned from that mistake. We both did. It…yeah…we just all had a really, really scary moment that had us all rethink everything twice and now me and him are going completely fine like it was in the beginning.” I looked over at Anna.

“As long as there was a lesson learned in some way or another, then there is nothing else to worry about.” Anna slid around in the back seat, stretching out her leg.
“He never mentioned you to me, ever, but that day of the Rangers game when you and him were talking on the phone, he was really upset and frustrated over whatever it was that happened. Kind of made me really worried.” I added, thinking back to that day that started the whole cycle downward.
“We were talking about you and him.” The car pulled to a stop, as we approached the red light that was flashing, before staying red for a moment. “You make him very happy.”

The words that she said seem to fill up my heart. I always liked to believe that I did for he always made me happy, despite everything that happened. It could be pushed aside though for we were angry at the world and took it out on each other. The hospital was nearing and it was almost time to tackle another new situation.
“To hear you say those words Anna, make me feel so freaking happy I don’t even know what to say. I always wanted to believe I did and to have someone who’s known him longer then I have say those words make me feel...I don’t know. Relieved? Happy? I never want to drag Tuukka down. I love him a lot.”

“Freaking?” Anna asked in confusion, looking at me weirdly. I pondered over how to explain it.
“Uhh, you know, like wicked happy? Extremely happy? We New Englanders make no sense, I know.”
"Dolbannye, got it. I've never heard that word before, so it was a little difficult to understand. Sorry about that, I thought Simon covered most of the English slang, or what ever it is that you call it. Regardless, it's obvious to see how much you care for him. Do me a favor?" Price pulled into a parking spot and I undid my seatbelt, ready to exit.
“What is it Anna?”

"Never stop loving him."

Ripping off her own seatbelt, Anna jerked the door open and stepped out, really angry all of a sudden. I jumped in alarm as her slammed it shut, and reached for my door handle, both of us opening up at the same time. I looked up at her, a bit cautious of what to say next for this woman for it seemed like she was almost like Tuukka. They had a temper that when threatened, they would lash out and lashed out hard. What was with the sudden anger? Was she…jealous?
“I…never plan on it Anna Trovato. Never wanted too since the day I met him.” I got up and looked into her eyes, Carey looking around a bit awkward; probably worried a bitch fight was about to break out. “Is it…a bit too personal of me to ask why you’re so upset?”

Anna ignored my question and just walked into Boston General. Carey went up to the desk, speaking to me three simple words
"It's just Anna." I looked at him as Anna began to ask the desk assistants of the room number for Pacioretty, his word not making it anymore clearer to me. After receiving the whereabouts, we headed off in that direction in an awkward silence.
“I’m beginning to suffocate on this tension.” Price piped up. I chuckled a little before Anna quickly turned
"Carey, I'm running to the restroom for a moment." And she scurried off into the hallway.
“Should we wait or head to find Max.” I asked, unsure.
“We’ll continue looking for Max. Anna is capable of finding it herself, knowing the number and everything.” I nodded before heading off with Carey, wondering if everything was all right with the Lightning’s forward.

Heading down the hall we finally reached the hospital and Carey walked right in while I awkwardly stood in the doorway, reality slowly sinking into my head and being to finally wonder if Tuukka was right: this might have been a dumb idea. Taking a deep breath and letting out, I slowly peeked in to see not only Carey patting the wrapped up Pacioretty who was chatting cheerfully with him. I slowly entered into the dim light of the room as Carey spoke up.
“By the way bro, there’s someone here who for you.” Max looked over and saw me and did his best to sit up as I came in, putting my hand out and taking his weak one.
“Hey.” I said. “How are you feeling?”

Pacioretty shrugged.
“Well, I would be feeling better if this wasn’t reality.” He said, pointing to his neck and I felt a twinge of guilt in my gut.
“I know what you mean. I came here to say sorry for that. I really didn’t mean to do that to you and it’s been bugging me. I had to come and check in on you.” Pacioretty blinked at me.
“Wow…I guess I have to respect that. Most players wont do something like this.”

“Carey.”

All three of us turned to see Anna standing there looking pale and sick, her pallor matching the floor and Carey quickly walked over.
“You okay Anna? You look terrible.” Pacioretty leaned over a little and sent a small wave to the Lightning’s forward.
“Hey Anna, long time no see. You look terrible though.” I gave a concern look at Anna. She grinned at Max, eyeing Carey before crossing her
"It's definitely been awhile. And I'm fine. Just a little worn out. Question is, how are you doing?" Max shrugged.
“Eh, would be better if I knew that my Playoffs weren’t over.” He sent me a little stare with a half smile and I bit my lip in shame.
“I’m really, really sorry about this Pacioretty, I’m just so glad your actually moving and talking and there isn’t anything life threatening or like…career ending.” I stopped at those words. “I hope.”

"He's strong, McGregor. It won't stop him." Anna slipped past Carey and made her way to the chair in front of the window. Gripping the armrest, she slowly sat in it, and sighed. I walked over to her, speaking while looking over at Max.
“Let’s hope he’s strong enough. I do have the reputation for power on the ice. Just ask Chara.” I then put a hand on Anna’s shoulder, looking at her. “You sure you’re going to be okay? We can leave if you need to.” Anna looked back towards Max.
"I'm perfectly fine. Jet lag and such, you know?"

I took my hand off her shoulder and gave her a smile.
“If you say so. Jetlag can fuck you up, I hate it. Especially when there’s games all the way in Vancouver and you never adjust and you have to play the next day.” I shook my head, clearing the awful memory of never adjusting to time changes properly. “I can see why you’re sick.”
"It's never fun, but that's what makes it fun." Anna suddenly stood up from her chair. "I have to go. Flight leaves at 2, and I have to be back for practice." She made her way over to Pacioretty, giving him a kind smile. "Feel better, alright? You have my number, if you ever need anything. Maybe even a few weeks in Florida to relax. Don't hesitate."

Max gave her a salute.
“Despite my disks being out of place, I feel better already. Maybe we’ll play you in the Finals.” I let out a laugh.
“That is if the Bruins will let you win.”
“I’ll shut you guys out.” Carey threatened. I gave him a mock glare.
“Just try Price. We have two ace goalies in our line up.”
"I have to place my faith in Carey here. Thomas and Rask are good, but so is this guy right here." A grin emerged onto Anna’s face. "But Dwayne and Mike are, by far, better than you, Thomas, and Rask combined. So it's pretty obvious that we'll have to try to lose."
“You’re going to be eating those words. You just watch.” I said, giving her a smirk.

I walked over to Max and patted the kid on his shoulder.
“Sorry again for knocking you out of the best experience of your life…I really didn’t mean to do it.” Max smiled up at me.
“Don’t worry about it McGregor. The fact that you came and apologized is suprising. Everyone thinks you’re a crazy, coldhearted player. Guess we’re all not who we think we are.” I gave a sad smile, mind drifting to Erika Harper. Those words were the same ones I had once thought. My smile faded though, thinking about Erika.
“No…we never are, are we Max? Take care.” I turned and began to followed Anna out the door, Carey stopping to say goodbye to his teammate.

I let out a huge yawn just as my phone vibrated. I pulled it out to see it was from Tuukka.
“Calm down Tuukka…” I muttered out loud, after reading his text.
"What…are you doing this summer, McGregor?" I quickly looked up from my phone to see Anna standing there with her arms behind her back. I opened my mouth before shutting it, realizing I had no clue.
“I…have no idea.” I answered. “Never gave it much thought. Probably go to Finland though. I…really want to see it.”
"You will love it. Positively gorgeous, it is. Convince him to take you to Kouvola." She paused a moment, as if uncertain to continue. "My mother was born there, and it's one of the most beautiful places you will ever see. Miten on sinun Suomalaisia kehittää?"

She quickly said a phrase at the end, obviously in Finnish and I stuttered, unable to translate it.
“Sorry Anna, but my Finnish hasn’t gotten that good yet. I know only objects and a couple of phrases. Nothing big.” Carey soon emerged from Pacioretty’s room and we began to head outside.
"Either you are lying, or it's better than you think. You answered my question." She walked a little behind Carey.
“I…did? Well! Glad I’m not that incompetent.”
“Have either of you seen my keys?” Carey asked, confused.

Anna giggled and walked past him to the car, unlocking the front door. I smiled at her as I took the passenger seat.
“Really guys? This is how you repay me?” Carey asked.
“C’mon Carey, just get in the car.” I said to him before getting in. He took the middle seat in the back, grumbling and I turned and smiled at Anna. “Menkäämme.”
"Voi tehdä." She replied, roaring the engine to life. "Although, I have to warn you. I don't drive slow, so put on your seatbelts. Can't have any more injured players running around, now can we." I put on my seatbelt before smiling at her.
“No we can’t, I don’t think Tuukka would be happy to know you got me in an accident.”

"Tuukka-Face will deal with it. But wouldn't that make for an interesting headline. 'Lightning Forward takes out Bruins Forward and Canadiens Goalie In One Fell Swoop'." I laughed at that. She was right, would be pretty hilarious. She then began to speed really fast and I jolted in my seat. Shit! This girl was a lead foot! "Where to first?" She asked, not even bothering to slow down. I pointed ahead, ready to take her in the direction of me and Tuukka’s apartment.
“Head that way, need to get back to the apartment.” I began to direct Anna around downtown Boston, jerking around in my seat as she took sharp turns, cars beeping at us like crazy. I don’t blame you guys, she is a crazy driver! Surprisingly, we managed to make it to my apartment safe and sound and the car in one piece.
“Shit Anna! You need to learn about speed limits.” Carey piped up from the back seat.

"Speed limits are for squares. Besides, I always drive like that in Russia and they are more strict on driving regulations there." We all stepped out of the car onto Commonwealth Ave, Anna locking the car door. The Boston night was chilly but you could get a hint that summer was approaching and with it the hot, sweltering summer weather that Boston so lovingly gave us all. "Lead the way, Roxanne." Anna said, driving me from my thoughts.
“Sure! I’m sure Tuukka wont mind seeing you again for the first time in…how long now?” I asked, walking down the sidewalk to the large white building, pulling out my apartment key. I kept getting a whiff of a floral scent from the flowers growing in the trees.

"It's been nearly two years. I last saw him during the summer olympic training, not including the one time we played your team." Carey and Anna waited patiently as I worked on unlocking the apartment door. "Looks like a nice place that you have here." I smiled.
“It is, isn’t it? Gotta thank Tuukka for it since he lived here before me.” I opened up the door and proceeded to the staircase, the inside all decorated fancy. “By the way, beware of Finnegan. He’s our little munchkin cat and we don’t know why but he’ll attack some people but wont others.”

"Tuukka actually let you get a cat? Boy's growing up. Hopefully this Finnegan is in a good mood. Other wise, maybe he'll like a nice Carey-Treat." Price stopped.
“Oh hell no! So not going in there if that stupid cat is going to attack me!” I laughed.
“Finnegan was actually a gift to me from Tuukka and so far he only attacks Marchand. Much deserved if you ask me, even though that stupid agitator is a lovable brother.” I opened up the apartment door, calling out. “Tuukka! I’m back! And I have a couple people with me! One you’re going to want to smack but let Finnegan after him, the other is an old friend.”

Just as I said that, Finnegan, the short little guy, came darting out from under the table and began to bat at Carey’s feet.
“OH HELL NO!” Carey yelled, backing away, just as Tuukka came out of our bedroom to see me, Anna, and Carey and stopped.
“Whoa…wasn’t expecting this crew.”
"Nice to see you too, Tuukka." Anna responded as Carey was too busy trying to pull Finny off his leg.
“Hey Anna, kind was not expecting you here at all.” I quickly explained.
“She was with Carey when we went to see Pacioretty and kindly dropped me off here, thought it wouldn’t hurt to have them come in.” Tuukka nodded slowly.
“Makes more sense.” He looked over at Anna. “Nice to see you again in person Anna, kind of surprised though after the phone call.” I tilted my head in confusion, not really understanding though it wasn’t my place to intrude.

"I don't see what that has to do with anything. As far as I could tell, we ended on good terms. Tell me, did we not?" Anna answered. I bit my lip and walked over to Finnegan, freeing the Canadien goalie from the feisty kitten and hugging him. The conversation going on behind me didn’t pertain to me and I shouldn’t involve myself.
“At least Finnegan can distinguish between rival and not.” I joked, giving the goalie a smile.
“Ha, ha, ha. Shut it.”

*****
*Tuukka’s POV*


Roxy left Tuukka and Anna to go rescue Price from the crazy kitten. Sometimes Tuukka wondered why he bought it but when he saw Roxy’s face light up whenever she picked him up, he remembered.
“We did, that’s true. Sorry for sounding like an ass.” Sitting down on the edge of the couch, Tuukka crossed his arms. “So what are you doing all the way up in Boston? Isn’t your team in the playoffs?” Anna crossed her arms and began to pace.
"Don't worry about it, and yes, we play game two tomorrow in Pittsburgh. However, I thought I would come and catch a friend's game, while I had the time. Turned out much better than I thought it would, to be honest."

Smiling, Tuukka responded.
“I’m glad about that. It’s been way too long, hasn’t it?” Looking over to where Roxy was standing, he watched as Finnegan jumped out of her arms and darted away into the kitchen, leaving her giggling. “Really glad also to see you and Roxy getting along. Or is it just a ruse?”
"Who knows? Maybe I'm content leading her on, or maybe I want a friend. Is that so wrong?" Anna picked up Roxy’s book on Finnish and began to flip through it, why who knows. "Enlighten me, sweetheart. Are you going to teach your girlfriend Finnish, or not? Are you planning to take her home to your parents and Joonas?" Tuukka flushed a little at Anna calling him sweetheart, didn’t feel right at all.

“Kind of would like it if you didn’t call me sweetheart.” He said, looking over to see Roxy coming in to join the conversation.
"Well, let me just reject my mother's upbringing of being affectionate towards friends." Anna snapped the book closed. "Oletteko vakavasti usko, että ajattelen siitä? Kiitos, Tuukka. Tuntuu todella mukavalta." Tuukka took his eyes off of Roxy and looked back at the hurt Anna, feeling horrible inside, listening to his native language flow off her tongue. Do you seriously think that I think that about you? Thanks, Tuukka. Feels really nice. He responded back in Finnish.
I don’t Anna, but others might. I’m sorry, okay? Let’s not get pissed off at each other.”

“Is everything okay?”

Tuukka looked over at the smiling Roxanne who was now standing right next to him.
“Yeah, all is fine Roxy.”
Whatever you want.” She told me before smiling at Roxy. "Couldn't be any better, Roxanne." Roxy gave a big smile.
“Well that’s great, really.” Roxy slipped an arm around Tuukka’s waist, looking down at him. Tuukka gave Roxy and reassuring smile before looking back at Anna.
I don’t want to be enemies, Anna, really.” Tuukka then reverted to English to address Roxy. “Anyways, I still need to tell you that I plan on taking you back to Finland with me this summer.” Roxy’s eyes lit up.
“Seriously!? Yes! I was just telling Anna at the hospital how I wanted to go!”

"Vaadin, että otat hänet Kouvola. Hän oli nauttia siitä, luulisin. Olen edelleen asunto siellävoit käyttää." Anna said and Tuukka looked over at her as she paused in her demand to have him take Roxy to Kouvola "That she did, Tuukka. When you get there, I need you to do me a favor."
What is it Anna?”
"There's an envelope in my apartment, already addressed to my home in Omsk. Send it to me?" Roxy began to look confused and Tuukka put a reassuring arm around her waist.
Your apartment…where?
"It's on the eastern side of Kouvola, so you'll be able to see the mountains." Tuukka gave Anna a genuine smile, seeing how the defensiveness was melting out of her and the real her emerging. Shit, two years…it had been so freaking long. There were bound to be agitation to each other…he guess, but thankfully it wasn’t going to last. He could see it.

“I can do it Anna. Anything for an old friend I neglected.”
"I don't what you to do it because you feel as if you neglected me, but because we're friends. I'm guilty in this too." Anna looked over at Roxy, before speaking again. "I really must go. Probably going to end up running through the airport like mad, and we have an early practice and such before the game." Tuuk smiled and got off the couch, unlacing his arm from Roxy.
“Shit! You’re going to be exhausted. Sorry to keep you so long and everything…but thanks for everything too. Especially you Carey…Carey?” Roxy asked, looking around to find Price coming out of the bathroom with a cat latched to his leg and hissing.

“I hate your cat…” He hissed as Roxy started to laugh and Tuuk just smirked amusingly. He then turned to Anna and gave her a hug.
“Nice to see you again. Good luck with everything and I’m now just a phone call away and will probably be in Boston for awhile now.” Anna pulled away, Roxy pulling Finnegan off of Price's. "Tell her not to worry about keeping us up. I wanted to come, and I'm glad I did. Good luck with the rest of the series, and where else it takes you."
“I can do that. And thanks. It’s been a crazy year…it’s going to be a crazy series. Goodbye Anna.”

Anna stepped back and reached out for Carey's upper arm, pulling at him.
"Hurry it up, Sleeping Beauty. I'll be in the car." Price finally freed himself from Finnegan and said his goodbye, following Anna out of the apartment.
“Shit…I am beat.” Roxy said, coming over and wrapping her arms around Tuukka’s waist and snuggling her face into his neck. Tuukka smiled and wrapped loving and protecting arms around her, pulling her into him deeply and taking in the lovely scent of her hair.
“I bet, it’s nearly two in the morning. We better go to bed.”
“Agreed…so glad everything went well tonight. Pacioretty, Price, Anna…it all went well. Thank god something did.”

Tuukka looked behind Roxy and through the windows overlooking Boston. He knew what Roxy was really talking about, he had learned to read between the lines with her now. Something went right, unlike with Erika, Sean, Jake, and their first game.
“I know what you mean kultaseni, but it’s just the beginning and you know what?”
“What?” Roxy asked, moving away from him and looking up at him with big green eyes.
“It will all be resolved in the end. You watch. Lupaan.” I promise. “Now let’s get some sleep before we end up pulling and all nighter.”

*****
*Roxy’s POV*


Thank god we had no practice or game the following day so I could easily sleep in from the eventful day yesterday. I rolled out of bed at about noon well rested and ready to take on the day. Thank god too for tonight was Timmy’s birthday and knowing the Bruins, it was going to be intense, despite the fact we were celebrating Tim’s 37th. Tuukka was still passed out and motionless next to me and I let him be, rolling out of the bed and proceeding to the kitchen to find something to eat. My stomach was all ready rumbling even before I was fully awake, signaling that I really needed food.

I ripped open the cupboards and stared absentminded at everything, not knowing what the hell to have. I heard footsteps behind me and I turned to see a half awake Tuuk, messy curls everywhere.
“Morning prinsessa Ruusunen.” I said with a smile as Tuukka looked at me with and irritated face at my nickname, Sleeping Beauty.
“You shouldn’t be talking. You woke up only a couple minutes before me and you’re the reason I slept so late.” I snorted.
“Yeah right, any excuse for you to sleep in.” Tuukka came over and hugged me, giving me a quick kiss on the cheek.
“I like sleep, sue me.” Tuukka then went over to start making his coffee when my phone began to go off on the counter.

I walked over and looked upon the caller ID to see it was Bergeron. Quickly picking it up, I answered cheerfully.
“Hey Bergy! What’s up? Called just in time, just woke up.”
“You just woke up? Roxy, it’s almost past noon!”
“Long story Bergeron, anyways, what’s going on?” I leaned onto the counter and amused myself watching Tuukka pouring his coffee, finally waking up and seeming to be more focused just from the scent.

“Chara’s in the hospital.”

My mouth dropped at those words at the words Bergeron spoke to me over the phone.
“What? Why?” I asked, extreme concern wrapping my words. Tuukka looked over at me at the rim of his coffee, confusion evident on his face.
“Dehydration.” Bergeron answered. “He should be alright but…I don’t think he’s going to be playing our next game.” I bit my lip.
“Shit…he’s been pushing himself hasn’t he?” I asked. I heard Bergeron sigh on the other end.
“I don’t know Roxy, but he’ll be okay. Just been calling around to tell everyone about this.”

“Thanks for calling me Bergy.” I said. “I’m going to head over and check up on him. Is there anyone else there right now?”
“Yeah, I think Lucic, Campbell, and Horton are there right now. I was about to head over with Boychuk and Marchand-”
“Typical.” I said, smile gracing my lips.
“Ha, ha, ha, very funny. See you at the hospital then?”
“You know it. See you soon Patrice.” I hung up the phone before looking at my waiting boyfriend, leaning on the kitchen counter and waiting for me to explain.

“Chara is in the hospital for dehydration.” I explained. Tuukka blinked in shock.
“Shit, really?” He asked. I nodded.
“Yeah, Milan, Greg, and Nathan are there already and Bergeron, Boychuk, and Marchand are on their way. I’m going to head over if you want to come with me.”
“Hell yeah, let’s go.” Tuukka tossed the coffee cup into the sink, making a loud clatter as it rolled around in there and I cringed. “Let’s not break the dishes”
“That wasn’t going to break it kultaseni, rauhoittua.”
Ei.” I responded back in Finnish. “Okay, I probably totally fucked up the pronunciation.”
“No actually, you didn’t! I’m proud of you!” Tuukka said giving me a smile. “But ‘no’? ‘No’? Get over here.”

I quickly fled to the other side of the living room as he started towards me and started to giggle.
“Just try Tuuk!” I called and he started to run over to me and I started to run back to the kitchen but as I jumped onto the couch to try and get over it, Tuuk grabbed me around the waist and pulled me tight into him and started to kiss my cheek and neck.
“Nice try you!” I giggled harder as he started to tickle me.
“Tuukka! Stop!” I cried, laughing hard as he began to tickle me even harder.
“Why? You’re cute when you’re smiling and laughing.” He slowly stopped and turned me around to make me look into his eyes. “I like it when you’re not faking.”

I steadied my heavy breathing, looking into his sea green eyes and brushing his curls out off of his forehead.
“Tuukka, when will you stop melting my heart? Really.”
“It’s because I love you Roxy. And I hope I never do stop melting your heart.” He leaned down and kissed me, wrapping his arms around me. “Now, are we going to check on our Captain who’s chilling in the hospital or just continue to chill in our apartment and be all cute to each other?” I leaned up and kissed him gently.
“We should go check on Zee now.”

I quickly went to get changed and brushed my hair, hoping that our captain was going to be all right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright! Finally an update! Hope you guys enjoy it, me and Liars' Pants On Fire worked hard on this together :) PLEASE check out her story because she's awesome