Status: The Eastern Conference Finals 2010-2011 Are Ready To Go

Only The Strongest Will Survive

The Ringing of the Gavel

Image


“MANDY!? What are you doing here!?” I cried out, looking at the girl who shirk back a little, obviously scared a little at the outburst. That wasn’t typical Mandy, she never would be intimidated by just a voice calling to her.
“I’m here because I needed to talk to you. It’s been…what? Two years now? Time’s have changed and so have I.” I tilted my head at her, the way she formed her sentence.
“Yeah…times have changed. How did you get here?” Orr then started in.

“She came to me.” That didn’t help at all.
“That just makes it all the more confusing! How?” Mandy then began to talk again.
“Remember when you would freak out about the Bruins to me? You mentioned Bobby Orr once, and how he was a legend, and showed me his picture. I never forgot that picture or what you said. I then noticed that…you became a Bruin on TV. I watch hockey now…cause it reminds me of you.” I blinked in shock.

“Reminds you of me?”
“It’s a long story, but it’s for later. What is more important now is that…I’ve been following the trial and sex tape scandal of Harper and Morrison. I knew you were helping her, it’s obvious. But…it was at that moment I noticed something key to this whole thing and I knew I needed to tell you. And tell you now before it was too late.” I walked over to Mandy, forsaking the blood on my face and hand, grabbing her shoulders.

“Mandy, what is it?”
“Roxy, after you left Jake came after me. I’ll explain all of it later but…I had to leave Tech because of him just like you did.”
“I left for ano-”
“Doesn’t matter! Point is I changed what I looked liked because of him! Even down to my eye color!” I jumped back in shock.
“Whoa Mandy, calm down, don’t get-” I stopped. “Wait…did you say you changed your eye color!?”

Mandy slowly nodded her head.

“I knew that…that slut Kathleen had done the same. I used colored contacts. She had to have done it too.” My mouth dropped in realization at what had just been said. It made sense, all of it made sense.

Going back to throwing everything into the purse. I found another piece of paper, a receipt, and picked it up.
“What’s that for? Some $10,000 shopping spree?” Tyler commented.
“Not at all, my dear Watson!” I said, smiling at the new nickname. “It’s just a $40.00 receipt from some eye store in Philadelphia. $40.00? Do glasses cost that much!?”

“I don’t think it’s glasses.” Bergeron piped up. I looked at him.
“Why?”
“There’s no glasses case there.” Bergy pointed to the pile of shit in front of me. “Oh, well there is a contacts case.”


“SHE. BOUGHT. BLUE. CONTACTS! I HAVE THE RECEIPT TOO!”
“What?” Orr asked. I began to freak out.
“One day, when everyone was in the locker room, I snooped through her bag and found a receipt for $40.00 at an eyeglass place in Philly! I kept it too…and a note from Sean to her!” Orr clapped his hands and cheered.
“Yes! Don’t you have that recorded confession too?”
“YES!” I cried. I then tackled Mandy into a hug. “I KNOW WE JUST MET AFTER LEAVING ON HORRIBLE TERMS BUT YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU HAVE JUST DONE!”

“I think I have. I have a lot more about this to tell you but-”
“But we have to get to Philly.” Orr said, marching to the locker room where there were cheers rising up from within. “Get stitched up and ready. We’ve got a long day ahead of us.” I looked at Mandy.
“So sorry to have to leave you but…stay at my apartment okay!? You have free reign of it and I will be back! We can catch up there! I owe you big for this!” Mandy just smiled and shook her head.

“Roxy, you owe me nothing. I’m the one who betrayed you. Now it’s my turn to help heal that.” I gave my old friend a smile before running off to the medic table.

*****

I slammed the receipt down on the counter in me and Tuukka’s apartment along with my phone with the message and pictures and the note from Sean.
“Tomorrow is the last trial and finally, all the pieces have been found. The next step is-”
“Getting the major parts waiting to be picked up and getting to DC.” Seguin added in. I nodded.
“Exactly. I’m leaving tonight with Bobby Orr for Philadelphia to get the guy who sold Kathleen the contacts and get Jake. Jake is there and he’s apart of it too. The question is…who wants to come?”

I stared at the group that was in the apartment. Apart from me, Orr, and Seguin there was Team Canada, Timmy, Rask, and Mandy. They all looked at each other before speaking.
“I’m coming. No questions about it.” Thomas said. “I’ve been waiting for this and it’s finally here. Screw sleeping, we’ve got a career to save.” Seguin nodded in agreement.
“I like Erika, she’s an amazing friend, and I finally get to be there for her.” Tuukka bit his lip before looking at me.

“I know how much Erika means to you Roxy and…I owe her for the help she gave you at Super Skills. She healed you and I owe her for that. Count me in.” Team Canada shuffled their feet.
“Well…Erika isn’t exactly a big a friend of ours as she is to you guys.” Boychuk started.
“But, she means a lot to you.” Marchand added.
“And I know she would come to you if you needed it and we kind of were there the whole time…almost.” Bergeron added.
“The point is, there coming.” Seguin finished. “I convinced them.”

I smiled at the group.
“Brilliant. Erika wont forget this.” I then looked at Mandy. “Mandy?” Mandy looked up from the couch and scratching Finnegan.
“I have never met Erika Harper and I know I am the reason for all of this but I feel like I have no reason to go down there. Especially if you’re getting Jake, as you say.” I nodded my head slowly.
“I don’t blame you for wanting to stay. You’re welcome to stay here.” I then hurried into my bedroom and grabbed the packed bag that I had hurried together, grabbing the one I had already packed for Tuukka, knowing he would come.

Coming back out, I then looked at Mandy. “We wont be back till the 4th of May, so hold ground here till then! OH! My old friend Adrianna is coming up too, I’ll call to tell her that you will be here to greet her.” Mandy nodded as I waved a hand to the group waiting.
“Let’s get going guys! We have no time to waste!” Everyone gathered their shit as I grabbed my phone, calling up an old friend who I haven’t talked to in forever but I knew would be glad to listen to what I had to say.

“Hello?” Came a groggy voice.
“Claude Giroux, I know its late but this is very important! Me and a bunch of us need to crash Briere’s house cause we have the final piece to Erika’s trial!”

*****

Sun splashed on my face as I opened my eyes, eyes starring across a big, brightly light family room and to a couch holding another body whom I couldn’t figure out. I noticed my hand had been dangling off the edge of the couch and it was just above Tuukka’s, the boy passed out on the carpet on the floor looking peaceful. I sat up and looked around, rubbing my face, before reality hit and I realized where I was.

WE MADE IT TO PHILLY!

Shit…we made it to Philly! On the day of the trial!

I jumped off the couch and tip toed over bodies off to see if I could find one of the Flyers who lived here. I soon came crashing into a tall, blonde hair man who was stumbling out of the bathroom.
“Oof!” I cried out, falling backward onto the floor.
“Whoa! Hey! Sorry there Roxy.” Kris Versteeg held out his hand, yawning and I smiled, gladly taking it.
“Hey Versteeg! How’s it going?”
“Going good, especially now after getting the call last night from Giroux about what you guys have found out!”

I smiled.
“I know, it’s fantastic…but…minor problem right now.” I said. Versteeg tilted his head.
“What is it.”
“THE TRIAL IS TODAY! We’ve got to get moving! Where is Jake and where can we find the person who sold the contacts!?” Versteeg burst awake at the sudden moment.
“Oh SHIT! You’re right! I’ll go get Briere and Giroux, wake the others.” I took liberty of snatching a pillow and began beating the Bruins bodies that were littered over the floor.

“WAKE UP! WAKE UP!” Everyone began to groan.
“Five more minuuutes…” Marchand whined. I smacked him again.
“No! We have a trail to attend to in DC but we have bodies to collect here first!” I got everyone up and groaning just as Bobby Orr came walking down the stairs with a casual expression on followed by Giroux, Briere, and Versteeg.
“Orr, what is your secret? You awake and cheerful…lend me some.” Boychuk groaned.
“All I need is coffee and I’m good.” Tuukka grunted, pulling himself off the floor and rubbing his head, messy curls going everywhere.
“It comes with old age. Now, first order of business. Getting that snake, Jake.” Orr said.

“Huh…?” Seguin asked, not all there. Thomas smacked him in the head.
“Jake Ramos, you dunce.”
“Oh! Right, him.” Versteeg grabbed a pair of keys off the granite counter and was off to the doors.
“Leave it me! I’ll get the jackass.” I waved a hand.
“Better you then me!” Versteeg gave a thumbs up before dashing out the door. Once Versteeg was gone, Claude piped up.
“Holy…Roxy, what happened to you face?” I gave the forward a smile.
“This is the first time you see me in months and this is the first thing you ask me?”

Claude blushed a little, probably thinking back to what had happened the last time we had been together.
“Sorry Roxy, it’s just…you got a nice looking scare there.” I brushed aside the unease I had inside about that day, knowing that after all of this was resolved that was the next big thing to tackle. I touched the stitches before explaining.
“Puck to the face last night.” Claude nodded his head.
“Got it…” He then looked like he was about to pick his hand up to touch it but quickly though better of it before quickly reverting back to the task at hand. “Alright…Steeger is getting Jake…what’s next?

“Next…is finding this place.” I pulled out the receipt. “And getting someone there to recognize Kathleen and bring them with us.” Briere reached over and pulled the receipt to him.
“Nico’s Eye Store…I know where that is! It’s legit on your way down to DC. We’ll hit that after we get Jake.” I smiled.
“Perfect! Then all we need is the fucking jackass and we’re good!”
“WOO!” Seguin called out, fist in the air in triumph.
“Can we eat? I’m about to pass out from hunger.” Marchand said and we got working on finding something to eat while we all waited for Versteeg to return.

After talking to Briere for a bit about his kids (who were at their mother’s) there was a big commotion at the door and everyone turned to see the door open, a familiar tall, dark haired guy being shoved in, Versteeg following suit, and another man following up the rear. I spewed out my coffee, recognizing the last man.
“WHAT IS BOBBY CLARKE DOING HERE!?” The Philadelphian NHL legend looked over at me and smiled, wrinkles becoming more apparent on his face.
“Seeing as what is happening, the question should be, why am I not here to begin with?” Everyone just stared baffled at Clarke expect for Orr who walked over and hugged the man.

“Nice to see you again! Glad you could make it on time.”
“Wasn’t going to miss this for anything Robert.” It was at that moment there was a loud CRASH and a commotion followed by lots of cursing and flailing arms. Everyone ran over to see that Marchy had dove over the couch and tackled a fleeing Jake Ramos from getting out of the house.
“NOT SO FAST YOU ASSHOLE!”
“Take your grubby hands off of me!” Jake snapped. “You have no reason to have me here!” Marchand dragged Jake off the floor and I just shook my head.

“What would I do without you Marchand?” Marchand shrugged.
“I don’t know.” Jake tried to get away but Tuukka quickly jumped in, restraining him more with Marchand.
“No way am I letting you escape.” He hissed.
“Oh hey! You again!” Jake sneered. “How’s everything going? Surprised you haven’t lost her yet.” Tuukka’s reflecting went dark and before he could say anything, Claude came in and punched Jake in the face.
“Don’t fucking insult any of them.” He snapped.

“Giroux!” Claude looked back to Clarke who was shaking his head. “Not smart. We don’t want to have the guy with a black eye at the courthouse. Won’t do any good.” Claude waved his hand around, the impact of the punch seeming to get to him.
“Makes sense…sorry man.”
“Well…seeing as we’re all here…should we get going?” Breire asked. “Time’s running out and we have a long drive.” I quickly ran to the door.
“Let’s get going!”

“Who wants the rapist in their car!?” Marchand called out.
“I’M NOT A RAPIST!” Jake hissed.
“You are too…and a stupid lying piece of shit who sneaks around like a snake. Get in my car.” Claude snapped. I started laughing at the scene of everyone stuffing Jake into Claude’s car, me jumping into Orr’s with Clarke, Timmy, and Seguin.
“Alright…to Nico’s.” I said.
“To Nico’s.”

*****

“Hi, welcome to Nico’s can I help you-”
“DID ANYONE SELL THIS GIRL BLUE CONTACTS ON-” I quite my hollering and stared at the date on the receipt. “JANUARY 14TH!! Come on people! Don’t have all day! This is serious! You can help save Erika Harper’s career!” Everyone inside the store stopped their talk and stared as a bunch of burly hockey players, two old guys, a girl with red hair, and a restrained man with dark hair entered. The guy who had started to greet us started backing up.

“Uhh…I don’t recall-”
“What is going on?” Another man came out from the back of the store and looked at us. “What is this commotion!? As manager I demand to know what is going down!? Is this a robbery!? Consider yourselves stupid if it is!” I quickly ran over to the guy, smacking down a picture of Kathleen on the counter.
“Sir! Do you recognize this girl!?” He took the photo and looked at it, chuckling.
“Of course, she’s all over the news with that whole debacle with those hockey play-” I sighed in aggravation.
“But you don’t remember her coming in!?” the guy mulled over it.
“Nope.” I dropped my head onto the counter.

“SON OF A BITCH!”

“I…recognize her and that guy.” I quickly jumped up and turned around to see it was the same guy who had greeted us. “I sold them top line blue contacts for the girl.” I nearly squealed, barreling over and scaring the tall, thin timid man with stylish glasses.
“YOU DID!? Perfect! Consider yourself the luckiest man on earth cause WE. NEED. YOU! NOW! You’re coming to Dc!” The man blinked rapidly.
“What? Why?”
“You sold Kathleen Edwards, the fraud, blue contacts to make her look like Erika Harper in that whole disgusting sex tape! You are the witness to the last piece that can save her career!”
“Uhhhh…I’m still working…”
“NO YOU ARE NOT!” I grabbed the man by his tie and began to drag him out the door, pointing to the manager. “YOU’LL HAVE HIM BACK BY TOMORROW!”

We all quickly left the store in its awkward silence, our new witness blubbering away as we got to the car.
“Are you really going to the trial or is this a kidnapping?” The guy asked.
“It’s not a kidnapping! You’re needed, now get in the car and sit next to Tim Thomas, goalie for the Boston Bruins.”
“Eh?” The guy asked, getting in as I jumped into the front middle seat between both Clarke and Orr. “Are you are seriously NHL players? Dude, I’m going bonkers! First some hot girl drags me out of work by my tie and now I’m sitting in between Bruins players! What the fuck?”

“Dragged out by a woman by his collar…a nerd’s dream come true.” Seguin commented. “The name’s Tyler.”
“Melvin.” Seguin snorted and I turned around and snapped at him.
“SHUT UP SEGUIN!”
“Hey! Everyone! Shut up! Got an important phone call to make!” Orr demanded and we all shut up at the legend’s bark as Orr began to talk. “Hey, Wayne? It’s Robert! No…not Robert Clarke, Robert Orr. Look, calling to tell you to order that court room to recess! We have the last piece and we’re driving like crazy on our way! We’ll make it by 2:30-3! Good! See you then!” Orr closed the phone and smiled at me. “Wayne Gretzky is going to get this thing stalled for us.”

I smiled big time.

“We’re really doing it.”

*****

What felt like hours and ages later, we finally came screeching into the courtroom parking lot, everyone tumbling out of the car and onto the pavement. It was like straight out of the movies, DESPERATE IS THE HOUR!
“Alright, follow me guys, this way.” Bobby Clarke said and we all fell in behind the two old legends, running into the court room. Claude and Marchand were falling behind, having to drag the grumbling Jake Ramos and Melvin was looking around in awe at everything.

“Hi…welcome to- HEY! WHERE ARE YOU GOING?” We blew past the bored receptionist and through the marble halls, not even bothering to stop and explain to everyone, even the police who were now on our tales.
“Oh man, isn’t this going to be on the news! Two NHL legends followed by Bruins top stars and Flyer forwards being chased by guards on their way to the trial of Sean Morrison and Erika Harper!” Versteeg called out as we all continued running.
“Yeah! It’ll be the story of the ages! Boychuk! You’ve got the song ready on your phone!?” Marchand called out. I looked behind me.
“What are you doi-”
“Don’t ask! We’ll explain when we crash this courtroom!”

We all skidded to a halt before the doors to the room, just as we heard the voice of a stern woman.
“Fine then. Jury, you may go in for deliberations.” I nearly felt my heart burst from my chest. We made it just in time. I burst forth from the group and banged open the large courtroom doors, everyone tumbling in after me and jumped in shock as two phones began to start blaring the Indiana Jones theme. Boychuk and Marchand! They would!
“THAT JURY IS GOING NOWHERE!” I cried out. “This case is not closed! I refuse to let it close since I just spent months scrapping together what I have brought here!”

“For christ sake, who called the idiot parade?” Groaned the stern looking woman Judge.
“These are my new witnesses, your honor.” Came the call from what had to be Erika’s lawyer for he was standing up next to Erika at her table. The whole courtroom was absolutely silent, trying to comprehend what had just unfolded. I quickly ran down the rows to the front of the room, everyone following behind me.
“You’re honor, I’m Roxanne McGregor and here with about…” I began to count of my fingers. “About four good pieces of evidence that can turn this ENTIRE trial upside down!” Claude looked over at Sean and smirked.
“Gotcha…”

I didn’t bother to let the Judge say anything else, as I hurried over to the table.
“Alright…I have a letter from Sean to Kathleen with the beginning seeming to detail how the gears in his head brought this whole idea to plan when he first saw her. A receipt for contacts at Nico’s Eye Store in Philly on January 14th, the guy who sold her the blue contacts with Jake Ramos, Jake Ramos who spread the tape, and a confession on my phone from Kathleen herself.” I let out a huge breath after spitting all of that out. Erika then looked up at me, meeting my eyes.
“Roxy... I’m sorry I doubted you.” She whispered. I smiled at her.
“Don’t…you had a reason to.” With that I quickly walked away and sat down, waiting to see what was to unfold next.

Erika’s lawyer cleared his throat and stood up, ready to speak.
“Your honor, we call Claude Giroux to the stand.” Claude stood up from his seat, and I gave the man a smile as he strode confidently over to the witness stand. He took the oath before leaning back in his chair and crossing his arms, smirking in complete satisfaction. You could see it in his face that he was relishing this moment.
“He seems to be enjoying himself.” Tuukka whispered to me and I smiled.
“He has a reason to. We all do.” We went quiet, as the session wasn’t about to begin.

“Mr. Giroux, how long have you been close with my client Miss Harper?” Erika’s lawyer asked.
“Since the all star weekend.” He answered.
“And before that, what did you think of her?” His gaze shot at Erika briefly, and she gave him a sympathetic smile, obvious at to what was coming next and Claude seemed to worry about what he had to say. Such a big sweetheart.
“Truthfully, I was not a fan of her. My entire team... they kind of have a vendetta, you know. I didn’t know her at the time, so I went along with it. But that changed when I learned of the honest and hark working person that she was. The dislike for her was very shallow.”
“I see. And your relationship with Mr. Morrison?”

Claude scoffed.
“Teammate status before Super Skills. I laughed when he mocked her. I didn’t realize the extend of his sick fixation on her at the time, but once I met her, realized who she was, I understood how much of a disgusting individual this man is.” He snapped, pointing briefly at Sean. I started to snicker at the heat rising out of Giroux.
“Now what do you mean by sick fixation?” The lawyer asked, throwing gas on the fire.
“This is down right getting hilarious.” I whispered to Seguin who nodded.
“You know it.”
“If looks could kill…” I heard Briere muttered.

Claude let out a sadistic laugh, before continuing. Oh revenge was sweet for him right now.
“The man can’t let her go. Everything he did was to get back at her. You see, he has a complex about loosing. He doesn’t like it. So if someone beats him, he’s going to make their life a living hell until he names himself the winner. That’s why I knew he made this. He can’t let her go.” I leaned on my knees, head in my hands as I watched with vigor what was unfolding. Sean Morrison’s face was being taken and ripped off, exposing the sick man he was underneath it and I couldn’t help but relish it. Did that make me a horrible person?

“So that fixation is clear. But what is so sick about it?” Erika’s lawyer challenged. Claude clenched his jaw in complete disgust.
“I honestly think he would have raped her if he got the opportunity. Steeger knows more about that than me though. You’ll have to ask him about the details. But I never wanted her to be alone around him.” I felt my stomach twist at the words rape knowing all too well about that. I looked over at Jake and glared at him, he just smirking back, obviously the same thing was playing over and over in our heads. I took Tuukka’s hand and gripped it.

“Was there ever an occasion where she was alone around him that you knew of?”
“Yeah, once. The last time the Caps came to Philly, I was talking with her and he literally came out of the woodwork. She told me to leave. I know it was cause she didn’t want me to get hurt.” Claude replied solemnly.
“And what happened on that occasion?”
“She was attacked. As I was told, he had forcefully kissed her. Nicklas Backstrom was the one that kicked him away.” I felt a smile finally emerging on my lips.
“Thank you Nicklas Backstrom.” I said, getting nods of agreement.

Claude’s testimony was continuing and I reverted back to what was being said.
“You said earlier that she sent you away because she didn’t want you to get hurt. What would make her think that?” Claude stared straight at Sean, smirking at him again before replying.
“We had a few ‘minor altercations’ if you will after the skills competition. I had confronted him about this issue, among other things.”
“Any final words you have to say, Mr. Giroux?”
“Yeah. You’re going to get exactly what you deserve, Sean. You screwed with the wrong crowd this time.” He said menacingly.

“Thank you for that enlightening sermon, Mr. Giroux. Take your seat.” The judge sighed causing me to whistle.
“Got one snarky judge here.” Seguin snickered.
“Well she has to be if she’s going to be dealing with all of us.” I laughed.
“You got that right.” I looked down the row and gave a thumbs up to Claude who smiled and gave one back. The man did amazing.
“Our next witness we call to the stand is Kris Versteeg.” The lawyer announced, Steeger gettring up and sending Erika a wide smile.

“WE LOVE YOU STEEGER!” I heard the voice of Patrick Kane cried out, making the judge glare back at him.
“I’ll throw you out if you do that again, leprechaun boy.” She threatened.
“Shrimpy Kaner is a shrimp!” Erika stated with a snort, in a significantly better mood.
“Hey! The only shrimp present in this courtroom is Marchand!” I called out to her.
“HEY!” Marchand called out.
“SILENCE!” The Judge roared and we all went quiet.

“So Mr. Versteeg, how did you find yourself in this situation?” Sean was glaring hard at Versteeg, making me wonder how deep their connection was before this.
“Well, I’ve moved around a lot since winning the Stanley Cup with Chicago last year. That’s where I met this beautiful lady over here.” Steeger said, gesturing at Erika with a wink, causing me to laugh.
“Do I get a compliment like that from you?” I whispered to Tuukka.
“Of course.” He said back, kissing me quickly before we reverted back to the case.
“I was in Toronto at the start of the season, but got traded to Philadelphia on Valentine’s day. I had known about this whole thing by then, and when I got a call from her, I knew what I had to do to help her. This girl doesn’t deserve this kind of crap. She’s just trying to live out her dream. That’s why I agreed to help her.” Good man Versteeg!

“Now what do you mean when you say agreed to help her?”
“Well, she asked me to watch him for her, since I would be a fresh face and they didn’t know of our friendship. Plus, I bust creepy guy’s asses for sport. And I like being sneaky.” He replied with a shrug, causing me to start giggling as his happy-go-lucky attitude right now
“Being sneaky?”
“Yeah! Like you know how when you’re a kid? I was playing secret agent! Except it wasn’t a game. But I was still pretty badass, if I do say so myself. I was like freaking James Bond!” I let out a laugh at that and I wasn’t the only one.
“Those movies are amazing…” Tuukka muttered and I just smiled at him

“Ok seriously do you have anything valuable to say? Good lord!” Judge McClellan interjected grouchily.
“I actually do, my good lady.” Versteeg replied with a wide smile.
“Well get to it then!” Marchand just snickered.
“Oh that woman would hate me if she had to talk to me.”

“So a secret agent you say... what does that entail?”
“Oh you know, befriend the enemy? That’s what I did. I befriended him-” He said, pointing at Sean. “-then spent my actual free time with my real teammates.”
“And what did you get out of that?”
“That this guy, is ONE SICK motherfucker!” Versteeg said with a laugh, pointing again at Sean.
“You lying FUCKER!” Sean raged in annoyance. Kathleen put a hand on his shoulder, which he only shrugged off. Versteeg stuck his tongue out at Sean in response causing me and my row to start laughing.

“ORDER IN THIS DAMN COURT! WHAT ARE YOU, FIVE?” The judge bellowed.
“Sorry your honor. His anger makes me giddy.” Versteeg replied happily. “I enjoyed watching Erika beat him when she did.” I was now laughing my heart out at everything, this man was making this all too hilarious!
“Back to the task at hand please, Skippy.” The judge said dryly.

“Right. Anyway, I’ve been over to the guy’s house, and he had stuff of hers right? It was like a freaking COLLECTION of shit. Some of it probably left over from their relationship that she never took back after the breakup, pictures of her, you know, the general creepy serial killer kind of stuff. Freaked me OUT.” Versteeg stated, everyone looking at each other at that. Shit, that was creepy! What is wrong with people!?
“Do you think he is a danger to society?” Erika’s lawyer asked seriously.
“Pfft YEAH, if he’s got a vendetta against you! I agree with Claude, I seriously think he would rape her if he had the chance. I would not trust this man with my kids.”

“You don’t have kids!” Claude called out.
“I would not trust this man with Danny’s kids.” Versteeg reiterated.
“NOT CAMERON, CARSON AND CAELAN!” Erika cried out.
“ORDER! Christ, do you all ever shut up?” The judge groaned.

“Right. Anyway, that’s the jest of it all. I know the degree of sickness within this man and I’m sure Roxy has real proof besides eyewitness testimony that can tell you that.” Versteeg finished, causing my stomach to start fluttering like MAD.
“Thank you Mr. Versteeg, now get the hell off my stand before I throw my gavel at you in annoyance.” The lawyer said.
“PEACE OUT!” Versteeg announced, holding both his hands up in the peace sign before hopping off the stand, whistling back to his seat. He blew a kiss at Sean on his way out, making the angry man nearly jump out of his seat and tackle the agitator.

“We now call Roxanne McGregor to the stand.” Erika’s lawyer said calmly, clearly holding back a laugh that I wasn’t ashamed of having let out after that whole thing. Tuukka gave my hand a squeeze as I got up and made my way to the front of the courtroom, taking my oath and feeling the glares from Kathleen. I was shaking from the anticipation of it all, sitting down and looking back out at the crowd, winking at Erika.
“You had quite an entrance this afternoon, Miss McGregor.” I gave a beaming smile.
“It was necessary seeing as with the help of all my friends, was able to finally scrap together the final piece of evidence that was needed to bring those two-” I pointed at Kathleen and Sean. “To justice for trying to ruin my friends career. I just found this out last night and came as fast as I could down here. In fact, I think I’m running on four hours of sleep right now.”

“Interesting. So I think even a blind, deaf and dumb individual could sense the tension between you and Miss Edwards. Care to share your story about her with us?” The lawyer asked, Erika grinning in eagerness.
“Well…it all started after the Bruins game against the Senators back in February where we shut them out and was on a winning streak. Now, I had headed back from an interview when I was greeted by fellow teammates Thomas and Seguin who told me to look into the locker room. I nearly died at the sight of this girl who was a splitting image of Erika. I was then told by two men, my head coach Claude Julien and Bobby Orr that she had been placed there because of her striking resemblance to a certain female Capital forward. I knew it from that day on that she was the one and it was my job to hunt down the pieces needed to bring her and Morrison to justice.”

“So you began snooping around. What did you find first?” I smirked over at Kathleen who was fuming at her seat.
“Well, I did happen to find a letter from Sean to her, immediately connecting her to Sean. I mean, just reading it I felt like I could sense a whole underlying meaning behind it.” John held up the note for the jury, before giving it to the judge to examine. “And what in it gave you that impression?”
“The very beginning, how he said I first saw you and the gears in my head started turning at your sight. Didn’t feel like anything loving if you ask me. Gears turning in his head? If you ask me that sounds like someone who is forming a plan. And at the end, it even says plan. Hope everything is going smoothly in Boston and nothing is going out of plan. Sounds rather suspicious…doesn’t it your honor?”

“Why yes, it does. Even if you’re innocent, you’re a pretty pathetic excuse for a man, pretty boy.” The Judge spat at Sean, making Erika let out a triumphant laugh. I snickered as well.
“So that was the first thing you found. What came after that?” Erika’s lawyer asked.
“A receipt to an eye doctor. I mean, it seemed like nothing at the time but it lead me straight to exactly what that skank used to hide her identity! Not only that, but she even confessed it to me.” I picked up my phone and waved it, sending a little smile at Kathleen. “And I recoooorded it.”
“You scheming little WHORE!” Kathleen spat back at her. And I leaned back in mock shock.

I’m the scheming little whore? Who was it that bought BLUE. CONTACTS. From Nico’s Eye Store in Philly, and DON’T deny it! I brought the man who sold them to you and Jake that day on January 14th!”
“She’s not lying, I did sell blue contacts to her and that guy over there.” Melvin said, pointing to Jake. “It’s hard not to forget their faces.”
“And who else has blue eyes? Erika freaking Harper! So…who was the schemer who blackmailed me and threatened my friends after I confronted you after the day Erika came out with her suing!? Hmm, I think I’m looking directly at her.”
“Recording!?” Kathleen cried out. I pulled out my phone and laid it down in front of me, beginning to play the message.

“So you’re saying you are the imposter? The girl in the sex tape? It’s not Erika Harper.”
“No, it isn't Erika Harper. I am the imposter and you wont tell a soul or I’ll tell everyone about why you were hospitalized and frame it on one of your precious teammates. So what’s it going to be Roxanne?”


“Booooyaaaaa.” I said victoriously. “Next time don’t fuck with a MassHole and her friends.”
“YOU. GOT. PWNED!” Kaner called out with a hearty laugh, only making the entire room erupt with noise of approval.
“SHUT UP! WE’RE GETTING SOMEWHERE!” Judge shouted, knocking her gavel like crazy. The room fell into an awkward manner before a surprising voice spoke up.

“You know what? Fine. I admit it. I did it. I stole Erika Harper’s identity. It was me. Fuck this, he’s not worth all this trouble.” Kathleen finally spat at everyone, arms crossed. I felt a big smile spreading across my face. “The guy wanted to get revenge on her and I decided to just go along with it! With the help of Jake we got it to go around! But you know what, I’m done with it cause I’m backed up against a freaking wall.” Kathleen then glared me down. “Thanks to YOU! You suicidal bitch! I think it’s okay to now go with my side of the fucking deal we made during that…recording you have! Can I now tell the whole fucking world how you tried to kill yourself and how the whole entire Bruins team is keeping it a secret cause it’s just so scandalous?” I felt the room kind of gasp at what was unfolding. I kept my face as stoic as possible, hiding my trembling hands and gave an uneasy smile, hoping that what I had to say would cause everyone to blow that away and forget about it.

“Really Kathleen? I did that? How can you be so sure when you just confessed that you are a fraud and liar?”

I got up from my seat and brushed past her and sat down at the bench, waiting to hear what was to happen next.
“Any more evidence needed, jury?” Simultaneous shakes of the head. “You may go in for deliberations.” It was a long ass thirty minutes, sitting there and waiting but THANK GOD it was only thirty minutes, a wicked fast decision seeing as our evidence was so freaking heavy it could compete with an elephant! The jury filled back in, the head juror heading toward the microphone to tell us the sentence.

I watched as Erika grabbed hold of Sidney and Backstrom’s hands and right then I wish I was next to Tuukka cause god DAMN did I want to hold his hand!
“Regarding count one for identity theft, we the jury find the defendant guilty. Regarding count two of fraud, we the jury find the defendant guilty. Regarding count three, breach of peace, we the jury find the defendant guilty. Regarding count four of harassment, we the jury find the defendant guilty. Regarding count five, violation of 9th amendment rights, we the jury find the defendant guilty. A separate date shall be held for sentencing. However, we do not find the man, Jake, who has reported to spread such scandalous tape guilty for anything.”
“And with that, the case of Harper vs. Morrison and Edwards, is closed.”

Right as she hit the gavel, the crowd around me erupted into cheers and I jumped up screaming and punching the air. Only to stop suddenly…and turning to see Jake making a getaway out of the courtroom. I grabbed the back of his shirt and yanked him, making him look at me, my friends all standing close to jump in if something was to happen.
“You got away this time but mark my words, I wont rest till is see you behind bars!” I snapped into his pathetic face. The man smirked back, pulling out of my grip.
“Can’t wait to see you try.” And with that, Jake disappeared out the room and I stood there shaking.

“HEY! YOU GINGER, OVER THERE, GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!” I heard Erika screamed. I turned around and gave a huge smile to the brown haired woman standing their looking the happiest I have ever seen here.
“Are we friends again now!?” I said, trying to forget the tense moment that just happened.
“ARE WE FRIENDS AGAIN? WHY WOULD YOU ASK A QUESTION LIKE THAT WOMAN?” Erika shouted, running over and tackling me into a hug. I hugged Erika back hard.
“SO GLAD THIS IS OVER! I WAS FINALLY ABLE TO TELL YOU WHAT REALLY WAS GOING ON! But seriously, if it wasn’t for the ones who came with me, I don’t know what I would have done!” I pointed to my Bruins and the three Flyers.

“ALL OF YOU, COME HERE RIGHT NOW!” Erika cried happily, and I watched with glee as Erika made her rounds, kissing everyone on the cheek and attacking them in huge hugs, especially Thomas and Seguin and sharing the love equally with the Flyers. “Now c’mon! LET’S GO CELEBRATE AT THE FRONT PAGE, MY TREAT! EVERYONE JOIN!” I shouted, loud enough for everyone in the room to hear so they could all come. “And then you can tell me the whole story.” I said, turning to beam at Roxy. I ran over and slung and arm around her shoulder.

“Hell fucking yeah!”
♠ ♠ ♠
FINALLY!! Me and MillerxKane88 have been waiting for MONTHS to write this out! and it's FINALLY HERE!! WOOO!! hoped you enjoy it, we both worked hard as HELL on this thing!