Status: The Eastern Conference Finals 2010-2011 Are Ready To Go

Only The Strongest Will Survive

May The Best Franchise Win

Image


“Guys, guys, everyone SHUT UP!” Erika Harper shouted, climbing up onto the table next to me. The noise in the crowd faded as their attention turned to her. “I have an announcement. I’d like to make a toast.” She declared, holding up her mug of beer. I beamed up at her, snaking an arm around Tuukka’s waist and leaning into him, holding on to my own mug.

“I want to thank every single one of you who’s here with me today. Because of you, I’ve been able to get over this, and to prove everyone out there wrong. I’d never have been able to do all of it without you, and I love you all more than life. But especially my friends in Boston and Philly,” She dropped her gaze down to me and the other Bruins around me. “I could never thank you enough.” I held up my mug to her with a smile.
“We did what was right Erika! You were innocent and we had the weapons to prove it!”

Everyone cheered in response.
“So everyone have a drink on me, and let us toast to this victory!” Everyone toasted the people closest to them while Erika jumped down from the table to clink her glass against mine. “So care to tell me about all the happenings while the bay state was dark?” I unfolded myself from Tuukka, leaving him to start talking with Sidney and started to explain everything to Erika.
“Well! When I first met Kathleen was described at the trial. All of it.”
“So that’s why you had to go dark huh?” She asked in response. I gave her a guilty smile.

“Pretty much, yes. When Bobby Orr approached me he told me what I needed to do. I had to disconnect you while I snooped around because if Kathleen knew how close I was to you and that I was working on your side.” I snapped my fingers. “Poof…all evidence out the window at that point. So it had to be done, even though it killed me, Seguin, and Timmy to do it.” Erika frowned.
“I’m sorry for making that so much worse for you guys. I didn’t know... I guess I was just really sensitive after everything that had happened. I should have trusted all of you.” I gave her a huge smile.

“It hurt to see how much pain we were giving you but knowing that all of it would be resolved in the end helped us continue. I mean…” I pointed to Team Canada and Tuukka. “At first they didn’t bother to help but in all honesty, they saw the impact that you had on me and subconsciously were helping. Bergeron was the one who pointed out how Kathleen had contacts in her purse. Marchand had stood watch while I ransacked her bag. Boychuk was…well, Boychuk the whole time. Tuukka said that he owed you for helping me out at Super Skills…and Seguin was the Watson to my Holmes the whole time.” Erika let out a laugh.
“Tyler would! Where is the lovable guy? I knew you liked those boys for a reason!”

I looked behind me and couldn’t see the young Canadian forward.
“Who knows? Probably begging someone off of Team Canada to get him at least one drink!”
“Probably! As bad as it is, I’d say let the kid have at least one. And if its from Team Canada, I think we both know who’s giving it to him.” I looked back at her. “Marchand.” We said at the same time before laughing.

“Shit! I’m so glad everything ended up just as I wanted it to!” I said, feeling tears of happiness coming. “I was scared that you wouldn’t want to even look at me anymore.”
“YOU KIDDING?! No one has ever done so much to help me! I may not have understood it at the time, but I’m damn glad you did it!” Erika cried happily.
“Well…like I told you that night when I found out. I wasn’t going to rest till I got to the bottom of it and I kept my word! If it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t have the career I have and if I did nothing to save yours, I would feel like as much as a criminal as Sean and Kathleen.” I then sighed and looked down a little. “And to think I almost didn’t let myself live to see it through…”

“So she wasn’t lying about that... was she?” Erika asked and I shook my head. Slowly holding out my arm and showing the scar that was now faint on my arm, pointing to it.
“She wasn’t. How she knew I will never know.” Erika stared blankly at my arm.
“It was bad... wasn’t it? Why?” She asked, very concerned. I took a deep breath and let it out.

“Yeah…it was terrible. It…it all started when me and Tuukka got into a huge fight and we didn’t make up at all. I was worried shitless about you and it was tearing at me badly and then I found out that Kane freaking blurted out how I was suicidal and it just made me go ripshit! I have to apologize to him, since I almost freaking shredded the kid back in March during the Blackhawks game. But…the day of the game…it was what made me break. Tuukka had said that seeing as we were going through the longest period of silence ever…that he called for a break. I ran. I ran as far as I could from our apartment and I played probably the worst game of my life against the Blackhawks and Coach gave me the biggest earful ever.”

I shrugged. “That was all it took. I felt worthless and felt like if I were to leave the world would be a better place. It was in the Bruins shower room where I just cut my entire arm opened. If Mark Recchi, Timmy, or Marchand weren’t still there and found me…I wouldn’t be standing here.”
“Holy shit...” Erika gasped. “I’m such a selfish bitch... I can’t believe I didn’t know any of this at the time! I’m such a bad friend! And here you came in here and saved my ass. I owe you so much more than you could know, Roxy. You’re doing better now though, right?” I laughed.
“Erika, don’t feel bad about it at all! Seriously, I brought our moment of silence upon myself. You have no reason to feel guilty.” I then looked over at Tuukka out of the corner of my eye. “Yeah…doing more then better now. Tuukka and I are back together like it should be and I’m going through therapy. Plus, the biggest weight on my shoulder has been lifted now that the trial is over.”

“Amen to that. This whole thing has put so much strain on my own relationship.” Erika stole a glance at Sidney. “We fought for awhile. Not great communication. Kind of a weak point for us... we’re working on it though.” Erka eyes widened suddenly, making me realized something BIG was coming next! “OH MY GOD, there is something that I have to tell you! This happened like yesterday.” She pulled mer closer to her. “Tazer like, JUMPED me.” I gasped.
“What!?” I screeched before whispering again. “Captain Serious!? Jumped you!? I was always thinking Spiderhands Kane would be the first to do that!” Erika let out a laugh at that.
“That’s what I said! He’s just my bestie though. We talked after the whole Tazer thing. Poor Jonny... I feel so bad for him. He didn’t mean it, I was just there for him when no one else was for him. I hope he gets over it.”

My thoughts then reverted to a certain blonde haired Flyer who had done almost the same exact thing.
“I hope so too…guess he and Kane can bond over something then? I have the same issue too…with Claude. Poor guy kind of kissed me before the last game with the Flyers. Shit, I hate breaking people’s hearts!”
“Me too! Claude told me about that... I just wanted to hug him to death! What is with these guys?” Erika wailed.
“He told you!? Oh god that man must really be hurting! I don’t know! I hope this is the last of it though!” I hugged Erika as we began to wail about our friends’ feelings before a voice broke it up.

“Can we join the love fest!?” I looked up to see a less-then-sober Marchand with his arms around Kane.
“Looks like you found your equal in steel livers Marchy.” I stated.
“Ain’t that the truth? I’m surprised this didn’t happen earlier.” Erika added, pointing at the two smiling guys. “On the topic of what the hell is wrong with the guys around us, these two.” I looked at the two of them who had started to poke each and giggling.
“Yeah…I see a small bromance forming.” Marchand’s ears perked up at that.
“Bromance!? Nah, we’re just bonding over our equal enjoyment of alcohol!”
“Even an idiot can see that.” I muttered.
“Exactly. And besides, I’m not the only one! Bergeron and Golden Boy seem to be hitting it off! You’ve got competition now Erika!” Kane said, collapsing into fits of laughter.

“They’ve been friends since Worlds, that’s not a new development like this.” Erika stated flatly, pointing at the two. “Bergy actually stole some of Sidney’s stuff last year. Pretty funny, if you ask me. Anyway, you’re not allowed to join in this conversation so go ahead and scurry off!”
“Oh yeah, Bergy was at the Olympic with Sidney.” I chuckled at what Erika said though, stealing Sidney’s stuff. Classic Bergy!
“But…but Erika! I looooove you!” Kane said affectionately, wrapping his arms around her and crushing her.
“And I love you Roxy!” Marchy declared, doing the same to me.
“Well…we’re in a pickle.” I declared to Erika.

“Don’t move. Drunk best friends can only sense movement. If you stay perfectly still, they will forget you are there.” Erika commanded.
“Sounds like Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone with the freaking Devil’s Snare. Relax and it wont choke you!” I giggled at my nerdy comment before coming up with a better idea. “Or we can call in the artillery. TUUUUKKKA! CROSSBYYY!”
“OH SHIT!” Kaner cried. “THE BIG GUNS HAVE BEEN CALLED IN!”
“TAKE COVER!” Marchand shouted, the two of them letting us go before pouncing out of sight.

“Well that was easy.” Erika said.
“Seriously, it’s fantastic when you’re dating one of the NHL’s biggest stars and also one the NHL’s goalie most notorious for his temper.”
“You called.” I turned around to see Sidney and Tuukka standing there, Sidney being the one who had spoken. I smiled and waved.
“Yeah! We just needed to get two drunken lovers off of us.”
“Drunken lovers!?” Tuukka asked.
“Yeah, Kane and Marchy! Drunken lovers.”

“Seriously. But they ran faster than a child molester on To Catch a Predator, so we’re good.” Eika added, making all of us laugh. It was way too true. No way was Marchand allowed near my future children! “Wait, what are they doing over there?” Erika asked, causing everyones’ eyes to shift toward the drunken men as they stood up on a table top.
“Dear god, don’t tell me they’re going to do what I think they’re going to do...” Sidney groaned, smacking his head.
“Yup…it’s exactly what you’re thinking.” Tuukka said. I looked over at Erika with a cheesy smile.
“Well…I think there is one more thing that needs to be explained though. Let’s go find the legends.” I then began to shuffle Erika towards the other side of the room where I had noticed all the old men chilling around but stopped at the sound of Marchand’s drunken voice.

“OH MICKY YOU’RE SO FINE, YOU’RE SO FIND YOU BLOW MY MIND, HEY MICKY! HEY MICKY!”
“Remind me to kill him later…” Erika burst out laughing.
“Block it out as best as you can now.” Lemieux was the first of the older guys to spot us. When he saw Erika and gave her a warm smile and gestured us over, wrapping an arm around Erika’s shoulders.
“There’s our little victorious girl!”
“Victorious thanks to you guys.” I added in, smiling at Bobby Orr. “You think it’s best if you begin to explain about your little Old Man Alliance you had going on here?”

“With pleasure.” Orr replied. “First of all, its great to finally meet you formally Erika. I’m sure you’ve noticed us popping up here and there. We’ve been watching you ever since this started.” Erika looked up at Mario, who only nodded in acknowledgement at me. “The reason we’ve been doing this, is that we have an unofficial allegiance if you will, to protect the players of our league. Its kind of secret.” I piped up.
“I didn’t know about this either till Orr approached me about Kathleen and how I needed to do my sneaking at the upmost secrecy.”
“And you did it well.” Orr added and I smiled back with pride.

“We had to keep it secret to help you. But we showed up from time to time, you’d just never notice.” Gretzky interjected. “Bobby Clarke took station in Philadelphia, Mark Messier was working behind the scenes in New York, Mario was in Pittsburgh, Bobby Orr was helping your friends in Boston and of course, Peter was here to keep a close eye on you.”
“So its vigilante justice.” Erika said, grinning as she looked at all the former NHL superstars.
“If you will. We do what we think is right. We weren’t going to let one of our own fall. And we’re glad to have both of you in our wonderful league.” Wayne said with a huge smile at both of us, causing me to smile even brighter.
“These men are like the uncles I never had!” Erika shouted to me with glee.

“Yeah…they certainly are. And almost like the father I lost.” I looked over at her. “You’re a superstar Erika and no way were we going to let a future Hall of Famer fall.”
“You got that right.” Orr added in.
“Thank you all. Never in my whole life would I ever dream this would be possible. I can’t thank you enough for everything you’ve ever done.” Erika told everyone, wrapping her arms around Lemieux. I started to laugh.
“It’s the least we could do. So, should we get back to the party? I think there is an agitator that needs dealing with.”

“Already on that!” I turned around to see Tuukka with Marchand in a headlock and casually dragging him by. “Don’t mind us.”
“C’mon man! I don’t mean it! Really! I love you and your goaltending!” Marchand whined.
“What about Kane?” I asked.
“I think Sidney’s got him.” Erika started laughing and grabbed my arm and together we plunged back into the party.

*****

“Bergeron! This has your name all over it!” I bolted up from the couch at the sudden outcry, the voice sounding like Sidney Crosby. I saw Bergeron bolt up from his position on the floor.
“Whaaa?” He asked sleepy.
“Where the hell is my razor!?” Sidney cried at him. I started to collapse into giggles as the two old Olympic teammates began to bicker at each other.
“Oh for the love of god why do I wake up to loud noises! My heeeead!” I heard Marchand groan from the floor and I turned around to see the agitator curling up into a ball, hands over his ears.

“What the fuck is wrong with Golden Boy…” I heard Kaner grumble and I squeaked in surprise when a mysterious hand draped over the top of the couch and Kaner’s face emerging soon after.
“Apparently Bergeron is hiding his stuff. Again.” I added as I watched the two men began to wrestle and they soon toppled into more bodies.

Myself and Tuukka.

“OOF!” I grunted as I had two rather enormous men collapsing onto my stomach and I began to beat them. “GET. OFF!” I roared as I heard mumbling Finnish from below the couch from my boyfriend who was now being taken out by feet.
“The fuck is going on out here?” Erika shouted, tripping over the bodies of Danny and Claude. Timmy, Versteeg, and Tyler were the only ones still asleep but Boychuk was awakening when Marchand stumbled over him in his hangover daze. Evelyn Haley, Zach Parise, and David Steckel had stumbled out of their rooms at the scene. I shoved the bickering Canadian’s off me and jumped away from the chaos.

“Well! Bergeron is stealing Sidney’s shit and hiding it and Sidney took it as the opportunity to jump him and they’re now wrestling across the apartment!”
Erika let out an exasperated sigh as everyone began to stir awake on the floor, groaning from the pain in it.
“Leave Bergy alone Sidney.” She scolded.
“She’s wearing Sidney’s shirt! DON’T BREAK INTO SONG ERIKA!” Kaner shouted, only making Marchand groan at the loud noise and me collapsing into giggles at the memory of Erika singing I Just Had Sex on the top of her lungs.

“Shut up Kaner! And for your information, I’m not rude enough to do that. SIDNEY, GET OFF OF BERGY!” Erike lunged over bodies and grabbed her boyfriend’s collar and dragged him off of Bergeron, only making the two of them fall on the floor and crash on top of Versteeg and Tyler, waking them abruptly. I burst into laughter at the scene, watching Steeger and Seguin start flailing around at the sudden weight that had presented itself on top of them.
“FREEEDOM!” Bergeron cried out in victory, collapsing upon where I once slept and my own boyfriend sat up all disgruntled.
“I don’t think I will ever know a good night’s sleep ever again.”

“Not if you keep couch surfing around the country you won’t, that’s for sure.” Erika responded to Tuukka before suddenly letting out a quick squeal and rolling off of Tyler’s ass into a empty space on the floor. “GOD DAMN I FEEL LIKE THE PEDOBEAR!” She cried. I burst out laughing as Tyler’s head poked up and looked around him, trying to figure out what just happened.
“Bullshit…he enjoyed it. You know Tyler. He likes his woman older.” I heard Marchand grumbled and I turned to see him sitting on the floor like a pathetic little kid with a glass of orange juice, slurping up the delicious drink with a straw, getting a pat on the head by Evelyn who apparently gave it to him to cure his hangover.

“Evelyn that’s so ADORABLE!” Erika cooed, falling on her back and staring up at the ceiling, only landed on Claude’s chest instead of the carpet! He leaned up and looked at me with a raised eyebrow. “Morning Roo.” She announced with a cheesy smile.
“LOL Erika fell on Claude’s left tit!” Kaner declared loudly, causing Marchand let out a little chuckle before he went back to sipping his juice. I couldn’t help but laugh at the scene of Marchand slurping on his juice like a little kid!
“You know, I think there are too many people in my apartment. I think we should all get up so we take up less space.” Erika announced.
“I agree! I don’t know how we all managed to squeeze in her at like…what time did we get back?”

“Like past midnight. Drunk off our asses.” Steckel said.
“Obviously.” Marchand muttered. “I’m feeling the horrendous after effect right now!”
“Thank god for Evelyn giving you that orange juice.” I said, winking at Evelyn. “I might need one for…myself…” I finished lamely, grabbing at my stomach. It was all of sudden that I started feeling extremely nauseous, like all the stress, alcohol, lack of sleep, and lack of food seem to be causing problems.
“Yes, orange juice for all of our hangovers. And coffee for others!” Erika declared happily.
“COFFEE.” Zach bellowed.
“Oh god. No one get in the way of Parise and his coffee! He’ll turn into the incredible hulk!” Kaner chuckled.
“Only on you. You’re our scapegoat!”

I ignored the happy banter going on out in the living room, feeling a horrible bubbling feeling forming in my stomach.
“Roxy? Roxy, you okay?” I heard Tuukka ask, coming up and placing hands on my back and brushing hair out of my face, his own etched with concern.
“I feel…horrible…” Then I shoved him out of the way towards the bathroom. “OUT OF MY WAY, I’M GOING TO PUKE!” I bolted to the bathroom and just made it to the toilet before empting out whatever was still in my stomach.
“EW GROSS!” I heard Erika say with a laugh. I quickly cleaned up before emerging again to get a lot of ribbing from the guys present.

“How nice of you Roxy, Erika invites you into her home and you thank her by puking in her bathroom!” Boychuk called out.
“Could have been worse, could have been the sink!” Giroux said to him, getting some laughs.
“What the hell Roxy, you’re Irish and you can’t keep a little bit of alcohol down can you?” Marchand mocked.
“Nah, she’s probably pregnant. You know those two, they can’t keep it in their god damn pants for more then a day!” Bergeron said causing me to give him the finger.
“Fuck off all of youuuu.”
“I’m not sure I have enough food for all of you... we might have to have a ninja duel for food.” Erika stated flatly, after all of that unfolded.
“Wait... are you serious?” Steckel asked, both he and Danny raising an eyebrow.
“I’m dead serious Stecks.”

Boychuk laid a hand on Marchand’s shoulder.
“I sorry buddy, but seeing as you’re the runt of this motley crew, you’re going hungry.” Marchand looked up at him.
“Whaaaat!?” I smacked Boychuk in the head.
“Shut up Johnny! We’re all going to be eating!”
“That is if you can keep it down!” Bergeron called out.
“Shut up Bergeron!”

“BETTER IDEA! Why don’t we go to that Denny’s a few blocks away?” Evelyn proposed.
“I WON’T HAVE TO GO HUNGRY!” Marchand declared happily.
“Is it really a good idea for a countless amount of star hockey players to go walking out in the streets of Washington DC the day of a playoff game?” Tazer asked.
“Don’t care. We’re going.” Kaner replied, already halfway out the door with Marchand and Claude.
“Oh COME ON I’m not even dressed yet!” Tyler cried, desperately tugging on a fresh pair of shorts.
“Lets gooooo slow poke!” Erika called to him as everyone exited, me following behind with Tuukka, desperately trying to get a jacket on and fixing his crazy curls.

*****

Kaner and Marchand took the lead into the restaurant as the rest of us piled in, everyone staring in shock at the size of our group. “
Yeah we need a table for...” Kaner looked back and began to count, but gave up around seven. “...can we just get seating for the entire restaurant?” I snorted.
“Kaner is so dumb he can’t even count past seven!”
“No, it’s ten. The number of fingers on his hands.” Tazer commented.
“And that, my children, is why you attend college. Tylerrrrrr.” Erika threatened, leaning towards the rookie.
“Hey! I can count past ten!”
“Yeah, he can count to twenty. What a big boy!” Boychuk interjected, making me burst out laughing.

“I know! We’re so proud of our little Seguin! He’s growing up!” I cooed, hugging the forward and he began to choke. I let him go as we all sat down in our seats.
“Soon he’s going to hit puberty!” Marchand said.
“No, he already has. We’re waiting on you.” Boychuk said.
“HEY!”
“It’s okay Brad! If anyone can give you pointers on getting through puberty wasted and hormonal, ask the blonde guy down there.” Tazer interjected.
“Eh…?” Kaner popped up from behind his menu.
“He also can’t follow conversation.” I added, looking over at Tuukka who was flattening his hair down, grumbling.
“Could you have at least given me time to brush my hair? I look like I stuck my finger in a light socket!”
“You are such a metro.” Marchand muttered, receiving a glare from the goalie.

“I agree. Dude, I’m a girl and I don’t give a shit!” Erika said, backing Marchand up.
“Ditto.” Evelyn said, holding her hand in the air.
“Hey, at least he’s still straight and it makes him look freaking attractive beyond anything.” I said, backing up my boyfriend.
“Thanks kultaseni.” Tuukka said.
Erika’s eyes scanned the menu before piping up.
“Guys... I have a game tonight. I have to play Tampa. And Anna. WHAT THE FUCK!” I looked over at her with a shrug, feeling Tuukka stiffen next to me.
“I know what you mean...I actually saw her again real recently.”

Erika raised an eyebrow at me.
“Did you now? This you did not tell me.” I grabbed the glass of water in front of me before talking.
“Yeah, it was the beginning of the series against the Canadiens. Did you see that hit I made on Max Pacioretty?” At this point, Marchand and Tuuk were in a deep argument over whether or not Tuuk was metro or homo, bringing in a couple other guys to it. Erika nodded, focusing on my words.
“Yeah, I do remember that. She’s friends with him, isn’t she?” I shrugged.
“Yeah, she is. And with Carey Price. Close to him really…and the night after that game I went to apologize to Max for smashing him up big time cause I felt it was the right thing to do. Long story cut short. Carey took me with Anna.”

“Well you know, I wouldn’t have so much against her, if she didn’t take it out on me first. I assume you two aren’t on such bad terms.” Erika stated. It was at this point that Kaner shouted about homosexuality and Tazer smacked him upside the head.
“Not really anymore. I’m not sure though cause you just don’t know with her, you know? She’s a rather interesting individual. It also gets more complicated when this one-” I pointed to Tuukka who was now wringing Marchand’s neck. “Was friends with her long before he even knew I existed. Apparently though they hadn’t seen each other in two years.”

“That makes it more complicated. I know Nicky and Varly befriended her. I don’t wanna hold them back from that but... I know they feel like they need to stick with one or the other. I don’t know, I just have no idea what I ever did to her to warrant her judgment…”
“For being a better player then her.” I said, attempting to cheer Erika up. “She’s probably just jealous that you’re one of the leagues best player and she has yet to get up to that status.” I then looked over to my teammates. “Tuukka! Let go of Marchy now! And stop instigating you two!” I pointed at Boychuk and Bergeron who gave feign looks of innocence.

“HAHA! SUCCESS!” Kaner suddenly declared loudly, waving a small piece of paper in the air. Erika face palmed and let out a groan.
“Kaner got another number.”
“What’s new though, really?” Sidney cut in.
“That’s okay, he’s getting nowhere with her seeing as I just told her the guy is crawling with HIV and herpes.” Seguin said. I burst out laughing as both Tyler and Marchand high fived each other in celebration of Tyler’s hilarious sabotaging.
“I feel so bad for this place.” I stated, watching as Kaner now began to get up from his seat and approach the two immature guys.

“Tyler Seguin, master at cockblocking.” Erika snorted.
“I know, the kid has been influenced by the masterminds of immaturity. Team Canada.” I smiled before looking at Erika. “As much as I just want to stay here for as long as I can, we all have to get up to Philly after breakfast to start our second series. The trial is finally over but we’ve got a whole new level of stress just beginning.”
“That’s true... Got a vendetta out against the boys eh?” Erika laughed, gesturing with my head towards the three Flyers at the end of the table. I snickered.
“Oh yeah, they don’t know what they’re in for. I think it’s going to be an easy series though, given what has just happened, they’re team moral has to have split big time now. Feel bad for those three. No Cup for them this year!”

“That’s true! Cause I’m taking it!” Erika said with a huge grin. “I’m hearing rumors that captain Richards and Pronger are butting heads constantly. Makes me respect Richards more than I did before.”
“Really!? I didn’t hear that! Oh, even better! We’re sweeping this series, no freaking doubt about it!” I laughed as I took a swig from my juice. “By the way, if you find yourself knocked out of the series…you’re welcomed up to Boston if we’re still in. I know you, you’ll go crazy without any hockey.” Erika chuckled at that.
“Yeah, I would. Ditto for you too! The Bruins will always be welcome in DC from here on out.”

Grinning and holding out her hand, I took it and shook it, as Erika continued.

“May the best franchise win.”

“May the best franchise win.”
♠ ♠ ♠
IMPORTANT MESSAGE!! Me and MillerxKane88 have decided to tell you a big annoucement about what is to come ahead in this story. Now, i know this Playoff season was FANTASTIC...but since the very beginning of this story, we have reached an agreement about the ending. Don't expect the expected please! really...