A Prince, a Comedian, and One Big Secret

True friends will go to the ends of the Earth until they find the things you need.

"So why aren't you exactly freaking out?" Harry asked as soon as we got onto the street. The Restaurant was just a block away from my apartment.
"Harry, I know I'm not royal, but I really don't think it's any of my business who you choose to love, like, or be attracted to," I told him as we ambled down the sidewalk.
"I wish my Dad would say the same thing," Harry groaned.
"Have you told him?" I inquired.
"No I haven't, but I know he won't understand," I could tell Harry has given this a great deal of thought.
"Well I'm sure your father would love you no matter what Harry, you just really got to give him a chance to," the wisdom of my words even shocked me.
"I know you're right Haylie, but I just can't do it, I'd rather live my life alone than bring this much disappointment to my family, I've already messed up so much in my life," Harry said with a lot of anxiety.
"Well, in my experience, the people who we don't think will understand us the most, are the most accepting towards us," another piece of wisdom I had no clue where it came from spilled out of my mouth.
When we got to the restaurant the hostess got us a table, and I had told her that Seth should be coming. We ordered drinks, including Seth's, and we sat down.
"Haylie, I wish everything was that simple, but..." Harry whispered softly. "This is top secret but, my father is sick, and well, things aren't expected to go very well," he told me.
I grabbed his hand softly. "I'm so sorry Harry," I told him.
"Well, it's not something that can be changed," Harry tried to shrug it off. "But despite how my father has been over the years, I would still love for him to have a little bit of happiness before he dies," he admitted.
The restaurant was somewhat deserted but the few people in there were trying hard not to stare at the Prince of England sitting in the restaurant.
"What should we do?" I asked.
Harry's face wrinkled in confusion. "You don't have to do anything Haylie," he responded.
The Waitress came by with our drinks and when she left I said, "Just because I don't have to do something, doesn't mean I don't want too."
Suddenly Seth walked in and I jumped in happiness to his presence. We kissed for a minute, and then Seth went to shake Harry's hand.
"I'm so happy I'm finally meeting you, Haylie has nothing but nice things to say about you," Seth said as they shook hands, and then we sat down.
"Here babe, I got you a coke," I announced as I pushed the coke towards him.
"Thanks," Seth smiled then he took a long drink.
I looked over at Harry and I could tell he was shutting down in the presence of Seth. This made me a little upset since I had finally gotten him to open up.
We made small talk during the dinner, and then Seth finally suggested that Harry stay at his place.
"Oh Seth, I wouldn't want to put you out like that, I already feel quite awkward for putting Haylie out," Harry responded after Seth suggested it.
"Well I just thought because of the paparazzi is going to be like mad men, I don't want you wouldn't want to stay over at Haylie's cause people will start to talk and say that you two are sleeping with each other," Seth explained himself. I knew the real reason had to do with the fact that Seth was jealous with Harry, and he didn't want him sleeping over here. I decided to convince Harry to sleep over at Seth's.
I looked over at Harry. "Seth does have a point Harry."
"Well, if you'd rather me stay at Seth's to stop paparazzi rumors, I will," Harry responded.
"I think it would be the best, and then we will figure out everything tomorrow," I promised him.
We went back to my apartment to get Harry's luggage. When Harry gathered his stuff up, he went downstairs so Seth and I can have a moment alone.
"Thanks for being understanding Haylie," Seth said as soon as Harry left.
"What do you mean?" I innocently asked.
"You saw that I was jealous of Harry staying over, and instead of picking a fight you convinced Harry to come over to my house," Seth explained.
I gave him a small smile. "Well, maybe I decided it's very cute when you're a little jealous."
Seth smiled down at me as he wrapped his arms around my waist. "You're amazing, you know that?" he asked.
"That's what you keep telling me," I shrugged. "Just go easy on the guy, he's going through a lot," I sternly added.
"Oh so I can't threaten him?" Seth joked.
"Maybe just a little," I laughed.
That night after I was talking to Seth, Harry called me.
"Haylie, well, I wanted to ask for a favor, something that would make me forever in your debt," Harry mumbled as soon as I answered the phone.
"What is it?" I kindly asked.
"Will you pretend be my girlfriend, just until my father passes?" Harry asked quite fast as if he didn't get the words out soon he would never be able too.
It took me a minute to process what he was asking me to do. Me pretend to be a girlfriend to a Prince? I loved being able to go on TV but still be able to go outside without any make-up on and it not being a top news story, if I pretended to be Harry's girlfriend, all of that would change.
"I'm sorry Haylie, I shouldn't have suggested it," Harry said after moments of silence.
"No, I'm just confused, why would you want me to be your fake girlfriend?" I asked him. I get it had a lot to do with the fact that I was the only one who knew his secret, but I'm sure there are thousands of girls in England who would kill for the chance to be his girlfriend, even if it was all just an act.
"Because Haylie, you're the kindest, most generous person I know, and you're the only one who knows that I'm gay," Harry told me. "I just want my father to die having a little bit of happiness," he added.
Harry was a sweetheart, that much was clear.
"I'll do it on one condition," I sighed, I couldn't believe I was agreeing to this.
"What is it?" Harry asked, very surprised that I was agreeing to this.
"We tell Seth what is going on, the whole story," I told him, this was a condition I wasn't willing to bargain on.
"But what if he tells someone?" Harry voice was somewhat harsh.
"Seth wouldn't do that," I assured him. "It's just Harry, Seth is dealing with a lot of jealousy, so even if we just tell Seth that I need to pretend to be your fake girlfriend to make your father happy, he'll still be wondering in the back of his mind if I am going to fall in love with you," I explained.
Harry let out a long sigh. "Okay, we can tell him tomorrow."
"Okay, well I'll see you tomorrow," I told him.
"Bye Hay, you really are a true friend," Harry ended the conversation.