Sequel: City Lights
Status: Active

I Am the Ocean, I Am the Sea

House Of Leaves

It had been almost a month that Juliet had lived in Scranton. Her job was like no job she ever had; the people were great, nobody yelling at her, and she had more freedom. There was 1 in in specific that came into the salon for no reason. He'd come in just for the hell of it or with one of his friends.

"Juliet, you can take a break now." James, the manager, said.

"Thank you."

She looked down at her watch and she had an hour to do whatever she pleased. She packed her bag and walked out of the Salon. She walked to the coffee shop a couple blocks down. This is were she always was during her breaks and she'd read House of Leaves.

Once she was in the shop she sat in the back and pulled out her book. One of the waitresses came over and asked for her order.

"I'll just have green tea."

The lady smiled and walked towards the kitchen area. Juliet went back to reading her book but was interrupted by someone sitting right next to her. She looked up and the guy had dark brown hair and a lip piercing.

"Can I help you?"

"Name's Ryan. See my friend over there?" he said and pointed to the front.

There was a guy sitting there alone. He was not very tall and he had long black hair and his lips were pierced. He was looking out the window doing nothing.

"Uh yeah."

"Well listen, he likes you and I think you should go out with him." Ryan said and smiled.

"No thanks. I don't even know him. He could be some creep so no." she said.

"Here you go hon. Your green tea."

The lady set the cup down on the table along with the other things that came along with it. She set her book down and began mixing he stuff in her tea.

"House of Leaves? You and Rick have something in common and I think that's great. Just go on 1 date with him." Ryan said.

Juliet ignored him and began drinking her tea. She looked around the shop and there weren't many people in the shop today. It was less crowded, it usually was filled with people. She looked at the guy named Ricky and he quickly looked away when he spotted her looking at him.

"1 date." Ryan said.

"No. I don't know the guy. So would you please be so kind and leave me alone?" she said.

"Alright. Well here." he said and handed her a piece of paper. "If you want to then call that number."

"Whose number is this?"

"I guess you'll find out when you call." Ryan said with a smirk.

He walked away and went to the front with Ricky. She quickly glanced at them and Ricky looked disappointed. Oh well, it wasn't Juliet's problem. She looked down at her watch and still had a lot of time left to kill. After she finished her tea she packed up her book and decided to head to the book store.

The day was nice, people were polite and the sun was high in the sky. The book store was like 2 shops down from the coffee shop. Once she was in she headed for the back and began looking around for a new book to read since she was almost done the other one.

"Are you following us?"

She turned her head to see Ryan and Ricky behind her.

"No. I didn't even know you 2 would be here."

"You know my name so what's yours?" he asked.

"Juliet."

She pulled out Salem's Lot and began reading the back; it interested her so she put the book under her arms and began looking for more to buy. She pulled out Misery and began looking at the back again.

"Well it's nice to meet you. And this guy behind me is Ricky. Ricky Juliet, Juliet this is Ricky. Get to know each other I'll be right back. Ryan said and walked away.

"Hi." he said.

"Hello." Juliet said and smiled.

"Back in the shop, what Ryan said, yeah I didn't tell him to say that. Sorry for the trouble." Ricky said.

"It's fine."

"So you like reading Stephen King? Great writer."

"Yeah he is. I've been reading his books for a long time now."

Juliet headed for the counter and Ricky followed behind her talking about his interests in books. She listened and once she paid for the books she sat down at a table and Ricky sat to. They talked and talked and soon they found out the they both had a lot in common. There was some differences that they had but other than that, they had a butt ton in common.

"Have you listened to Heartkiller?" he asked.

"I love that song. Screamworks has to be their best album. I could listen to it a 1000x and I could never get annoyed." Juliet said and smiled.

Juliet looked down at her watch and realized she'd been talking with Ricky for a good 45 minutes.

"Oh shoot, I've gotta get back to the salon. See you later Ricky." she said and headed for the salon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Updated finally! Sorry for the delay. Can I please get some feedback? I'd like that a lot.