Status: hopefully active!

Get Better With Time

Chapter 10

By the time we arrived back at home, it was close to dinner. We rushed upstairs with our shopping bags and immediately started getting dressed. I curled my hair and finished my makeup as fast as I could. Being late for dinner was not an option. I slipped on the turquoise dress and shoved my feet into a pair of black wedges. I heard a knock on the door and opened it as I poked my earrings through my ears. Draco stood there, impatiently tapping his toes. He rolled his eyes.

“Are you girls ready yet?” I turned around to see Chloe and Zaila slipping on their shoes. I scowled at his impatience and nodded.

“Well let’s head out then.” We entered the dining room somberly and quickly stood behind our chairs, waiting for the instruction to sit. The Dark Lord grinned from his seat at the head of the table.

“You may be seated.” Everyone sat down quietly as dinner began. Draco and I were seated closest to the Dark Lord. It was quite obvious that he wanted to speak to us about something. I adjusted my dress and cross my ankles, waiting patiently for someone to begin speaking. Draco looked at me nervously; he obviously knew what was going on. The Dark Lord watched me intently as I took a small spoonful of soup to my mouth. I gulped it down and looked up at him.

“My lord?” He closed his eyes for a second.

“You left so quickly yesterday evening that we didn’t get to inform you of the best news!” I raised my eyebrows.

“And what would that news be, My Lord?” He smiled again. I mentally cringed. If the Dark Lord was smiling, it certainly couldn’t be good news that I was about to hear.

“I have given Draco a mission, a very important mission. You are to help him. Stand by his side as a wife should.” I gulped nervously.

“And, if I may ask sir, what is this mission?”

“Draco is to kill Albus Dumbledore.” I gasped. “Is there a problem Miss McGregor?” I shook my head.

“Of course not my lord.”

“This must be carried out by the end of the year. If not, you both die.” I nodded.

“Yes, My lord.”

“Now, for happier news! I have decided the date that the two of you will be married!”

“My lord,” Mother asked from the end of the table.

“The wedding will take place in a month.” My eyes widened.

“My lord, that’s hardly time to plan a wedding,” Narcissa said worriedly.

“I’m certain we’ll be fine, Narcissa. I don’t want anything too elaborate anyways,” I said, placing a hand on her shoulder comfortingly. She gasped.

“Oh no! It must be very glamorous! You’re going to be a Malfoy, my dear. Malfoys do everything bigger and better than everyone else.” I sighed and nodded in agreement.

“We must start the planning right away! Kalen darling, you and the girls will need to head straight into London tomorrow to begin looking for dresses. Is there any specific ideas you have?” I nodded semi-excitedly. Like most girls, I’d always had a vision for my wedding, granted, mine was much simpler than what they had in mind, but it was still plausible.

“I would like it to be as vintage as possible.”

“Vintage?”

“You know, like the 40’s and 50’s, but slightly more modern at the same time.” My mother nodded. I’d always been a fan of the vintage looks, using them in my daily attire more often than not.

“Of course, Darling. We’ll start planning tomorrow. Now, eat up everyone!” The table fell silent as we began to eat. I felt a nervous bubble in my stomach. I would be married in a month. I would no longer be an average teenage girl. I would have a husband to take care of. I finished dinner rather quickly and excused myself to head up to my room. Once there, I changed from my dress and into a much comfier pair of pajamas. I sat down on my bed and picked up Pride and Prejudice from my bedside table. I sighed as I flipped through the worn pages. I’d more than memorized the book at this point. After several minutes, I heard a slight knock on the door.

“Are you okay,” Zaila asked, opening the door slightly. I nodded and ushered both girls into the room.

“You don’t seem okay,” Chloe said, sitting on the edge of the bed.

“I’m scared. I know there’s no reason to be, but I can’t help it! I mean, Lydia was married when she was fifteen!”

“Are you referring to the silly youngest Bennett girl?” I nodded, blushing slightly.

“That was a completely different time Kalen! You can’t compare yourself to someone who so desperately wanted to be married!”

“I’m not comparing myself to her! I’m just saying that maybe I shouldn’t be making such a big deal about this!”

“It is a big deal. You’re going to be with him for the rest of your life and he was picked for you. You’re being a big girl about it and sucking it up, but that’s really all you can do,” Chloe said, placing a hand on my knee.

“You’ll survive this dollface. If you can’t, then we’re screwed,” Zaila said chuckling. I giggled and pulled both of them in for a hug.

“Then I guess tomorrow, we look at wedding dresses!”
♠ ♠ ♠
OH MY GOSH I'M SO FREAKING SORRY!! I am such a bum, and school is really busy. Please don't hate me! Please comment, subscribe, and/or recommend! I love you guys! seriously... I do.

<3
Andrea