Status: hopefully active!

Get Better With Time

Chapter 14

Once I felt that all of my recent stressed had been soaked away, I blew out the candles around the tub and pulled the drain. I wrapped myself in a fuzzy towel and stepped into my bedroom to see a lovely dress laid out on the bed. I rolled my eyes, of course I had to get dressed up. Then, I noticed the note sitting on top of the garment.

[i/]Kalen,
I know the dress seems simple, but I know you’ll make it look extravagant. Wear it to dinner tonight?

I took a deep breath and slipped into some undergarments before sitting down at my vanity. I realized once I released my hair from its bun that it was still done from the day, and still looked good. I added slightly darker eye makeup and relined my eyes before slipping into the midnight blue skater dress and pair of sky high black heels. As I was looking over the outfit in the mirror, I heard a knock at the door.

“Come in,” I said, not bothering to turn and look who it was.

“Master Malfoy requests your presence in the dining room Miss Gregory.” I turned slightly, nodding at the elf before smoothing my dress.

“How I do I look Gronk?”

“Gronk thinks the Mistress looks very nice for her dinner with the Master.”

“Thank you very much Gronk. Now, you said Master Malfoy was in the dining room?”

“Yes Mistress!” I nodded and began the short trip down the stairs to the extravagant dining room. There, in front of the table, stood Draco, dressed all in black and looking very nervous. His eyes were cast down at his wringing hands as I entered the room, gently clearing my throat to alert him to my presence.

“Kalen,” He sputtered. “You look fantastic.”

“Well I’d hope so, you picked out the dress.”

“I knew you’d look beautiful in it.” I grinned before pointing at the table.

“So, what’s for dinner?” He cleared his throat nervously.

“Well, I, uh, made spaghetti and garlic bread. The girls said it was your favorite.”

“You made spaghetti and garlic bread? Like actually made it?” He nodded nervously.

“Is that okay?”

“I’m just surprised! I’m sure it will taste wonderful, Draco. Thank you,” He smirked awkwardly before pulling my chair out a bit.

“Your chair M’lady.” I grinned and sat down, him tucking the chair underneath me. Once he was seated, he motioned towards the plate in front of me. “Aren’t you going to eat?”

“To be completely honest with you, Draco, I’m slightly worried that you’ve poisoned it.”

“Why would I poison it? I’ve technically just won your hand, I’m not quite ready to kill you off yet,” He sent a smooth wink in my direction. “Besides, I’d be more worried about you plotting to murder me.”

“I guess either way we’d be considered disgraces, and Merlin forbid that happen.” We both chuckled before he gave me a serious look.

“Try it. I’m eager to hear that I’m not completely a failure at cooking.” I smiled before taking a small bite of pasta. After the initial horrible taste, I recovered quickly, making a noise of approval. Draco smiled widely and dug into his own plate. I watched carefully as the first bite passed his lips. His entire face fell as he spat the half-chewed pasta out.

“There is no way on Earth that you actually enjoyed that. That is awful.” I grimaced while shrugging.

“I was hoping that you would completely ignore how horrible it tastes. Did you even taste this while you were making it?”

“You can do that?”

“Well, yes. You can’t just go off smell!”

“I suppose I’ll try that next time. However, what are we going to do for dinner?”

“There’s still garlic bread?” He shook his head.

“Let’s just go out, we’re both dressed. We’ll find some nice Italian muggle restaurant and have an evening out of the house.”

“Whatever you want to do, Draco.”

“Well, I’d like to show off my beautiful fiancé.” With that, I was off to the bedroom to grab my clutch. I met Draco back in the front room at the fireplace.

“To Diagon Alley?” He nodded.

“I’ll meet you there, Love.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally a new Chapter! Woop!