Status: hopefully active!

Get Better With Time

Chapter 15

We managed to find a muggle Italian restaurant close to Diagon Alley. Draco couldn’t help but scowl a little at the packed area.

“There’s so many of them,” He mumbled into my ear. I rolled my eyes.

“Draco.” He nodded and followed the host to a table for two. Draco pulled my chair out for me and then sat down himself. I could almost feel the people staring at us. It was like they could feel the power emanating from our bodies.

“So, did this completely ruin anything I had planned,” Draco asked after ordering each a glass of wine. I smiled softly.

“Of course not! I spent the day trying to purchase a gown for our wedding and then I come home to my fiancé having planned some grand, romantic gesture? I couldn’t imagine anything better!”

“I just want to make this situation easier.”

“It’s not exactly ideal is it,” I said, bringing the wine glass to my lips for a sip.

“When is life ever ideal?”

“That is definitely true.”

“I’m not prepared to be a husband,” He said, shaking his head slowly.

“Don’t feel too horribly, I’m not prepared to be a wife.” The waiter came back around and took our dinner orders and refilled my water glass. Most of dinner was silent. The conversation we needed to have couldn’t truly happen in public in the muggle world. Once we were finished, Draco paid for our dinner and we made our way back to the Leaky Cauldron to floo back home. Draco offered to pour us both another glass of wine while I changed upstairs. I accepted his offer and dashed up the steps. I slipped into tank top and a pair of shorts before meeting Draco by the fire in the sitting room. He was seated on the loveseat, staring deeply into the fire.

“Draco?” He started slightly before sending me a soft smile and patting the spot next to him. As I took my seat, he handed me a glass of white wine.

“I wanted to tell you something. I feel like it’s extremely important that you know everything.” I took a deep breath and tightened my grip on the glass of wine. “I’m slated to receive my dark mark before the end of the summer.”

“I know. It’s one of the reasons my father approved of you so much.”

“I’m scared.” I set my glass down and scooted in towards him.

“Why? This is no different than anything we’ve ever been forced to do.”

“Yes it is. By the time I get my Mark, it won’t just be me I have to worry about, I’ll have you too. I don’t want him to use you against me.” I scooted a little bit closer and allowed myself to lean into him. He wrapped an arm around my shoulders and pulled me in even closer.

“Don’t worry about me, Draco. Keep yourself safe and I’ll handle things for myself, okay?”

“I just want to be a good husband. I want to take care of you, regardless of whether or not you can care for yourself.”

“I think that’s the sweetest thing you’ve said to me yet.”

“Well, I’d rather you not hate me for the rest of our lives.”

“I doubt I could hate anyone for that long.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know... I suck. I got a new job and I have really weird hours so when I'm not working, I'm usually sleeping. Add in that my mom's health has gotten worse and I just haven't had time to write. ugh. I'm trying though guys! Don't give up on me yet!!

Love,
Andrea