Status: hopefully active!

Get Better With Time

Chapter 16

“You’d be surprised. There’s a good reason as to why I’m an only child.” I rolled my eyes.

“Your parents aren’t us. My parents aren’t us. I have a good feeling we’ll be pretty damn different from anything they could have even dreamed.”

“You seem like you know what they have planned,” Draco said, narrowing his eyes.

“Draco, our parents are both in high favor with the Dark Lord. You’re about to be marked. I’ve already refused to be marked. When combined, we’ll be a pretty mighty force. Can you blame them for pairing us together? They’ve probably been planning this from the second we began to show some sort of magical prowess.”

“That would make sense. I didn’t realize everyone was so transparent to you.” I took a deep breath and crossed my legs to face him completely. I grabbed both of his hands tightly.

“You see everything when you watch and don’t speak, which is why I want you to be careful. Don’t bow down to everything they ask. The Dark Lord expects you to be as weak-minded as your father, no offence meant. You have to prove them wrong, Draco. We cannot let them win.” He nodded solemnly.

“We’ll see soon enough.”

“Draco, that’s what you can do to keep me safe. Stay strong. We will beat this war and regardless of which side we’re on, we will come out on top.” He smiled softly and pulled me closer to him, kissing me gently on the head.

“Alright my little heathen, I believe we should be going to bed,” Draco said, roughing my hair a little bit.

“Are we staying in your room or mine tonight?”

“Well, that was the other part of the surprise. My parents agreed that for the rest of your time here, we should be sharing a room. I had all of your things moved into my bedroom while we were out at dinner.”

“Hmmm, you think you’re sneaky do you?”

“Absolutely not. If we hadn’t had to go to a muggle restaurant then I would have told you at dinner. “

“Mhmm, I’m sure you would have,” I said coyly, before kissing his cheek quickly and rushing up the stairs. I heard him guffaw before chasing me up the stairs. I beat him up to his bedroom and quickly hid in the closet. I heard him enter the room and start checking everywhere for me. I stepped deeper into his clothes when I heard the closet door open.

“Where the hell did she go,” I heard him mumble as he shut the door. I waited until I heard him leave the bedroom completely before I giggled softly and left the closet. I was still chuckling to myself as I crawled into bed and pulled the covers up to my chin. After a few minutes, Draco returned looking baffled. I smirked and patted the other side of the bed.

“What on Earth are you doing? I thought we were going to bed?” He glared and stripped down to his underwear. I smirked again and pulled the covers on his side down for him. “What’s wrong sweetheart?”

“Where were you hiding?”

“The closet. I’m surprised you missed me. Oh well! Time for bed now,” I said, rolling away from him. I felt him roll towards me and pull me closer. “You want to cuddle? Really?”

“Hey, I happen to enjoy cuddling. You just relax and let it happen.” I rolled my eyes and rolled over to face him. I laid my head gently on his chest and grabbed one of his hands. His other hand gently stroked my spine, pushing me into the most relaxed state.

“Goodnight Draco.”

“Goodnight Kalen.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Welp... Figured I'd actually update. I've been working on this one for like 3 days and this is literally the best I could come up with... I'm sorry. I suck. Ugh. Thank ya'll for sticking with this one! I love ya'll!

Andrea