Status: hopefully active!

Get Better With Time

chapter 2

“Kal? Kalen? Kalen Grace wake the hell up,” Chloe shouted, flipping my chair over. I flipped her off from the ground.

“What do you want? I was napping!” Zaila looked at me angrily.

“Why didn’t you tell us that every single available pureblood boy was going to be at your home?” I
smirked and shrugged my shoulders.

“I thought it’d be a nice surprise.”

“A nice surprise? A nice surprise? You have got to be kidding me!” I giggled softly.

“Oh relax, the lot of you. The Dark Lord called a meeting and chose our house for the meeting spot. Everyone is here.”

“That’s still no excuse for not telling us.”

“Why do you think your parents let you come over without a fight?” Chloe sighed. Her parents were often overprotective and never let her leave the house without them.

“It’s alright, I guess. Just a better reason to wear your clothes.” I smirked at her sly face.

“I’ve never had any problems with you borrowing my things, dearie. As long as they end up back in my closet.”

“Speaking of available purebloods, I saw Draco Malfoy talking to you earlier. What was that about,” Zaila asked, winking at me. I rolled my eyes.

“That was about Malfoy being a little prick. That’s what that was. I hate him.” Chloe giggled.

“Well then I suppose you’re not going to like the rumor I’ve just heard.” I looked at her in alarm.

“Rumor? What rumor?”

“It’s going around that Lucius Malfoy is one of the fathers standing in line to have their sons marry you. I’ve also heard that he’s in the top three according to your parents.” I rolled my eyes again.

“My parents would never pick a family like the Malfoys’ for me to marry into. They’re much to cowardly and stuck-up.”

“True as that is, they’re also one of the richest pureblood families around. It’d be beneficial for you to marry Draco, especially with the war coming up. You know he somehow has favor with the Dark Lord.”

“Let’s not discuss this here. We can head up to my room to get ready for dinner? It’s formal dress tonight.” We gathered our things and headed up the grand staircase towards my bedroom. Once inside, we started the conversation back up.

“I honestly think you and Draco would be a lovely couple, and very fierce looking. It’d be a striking match.”

“And one that would most likely put you in a position of power. He’s practically the prince of Slytherin, you know.”

“And I’ve always been the princess, without him. I can boost others up to my level, you know,” I mumbled as I applied my makeup.

“That seems much more difficult than just, oh I don’t know, going for someone who is just as powerful as you are.”

“Now that, is not even remotely true. He is nowhere near as powerful as I am, and you know it.”

“Social power, dumb ass.” I shrugged.

“So he’s as popular as I am? That means nothing. I want a man who can defend me until I decide to defend myself.”

“Lazy bum.” I shrugged my shoulders again and started digging through my closet.

“I think I have plenty of reason to be. What do you think about this one? I’m trying to impress my future husband,” I said with a wink sent at the girls. Chloe shook her head.

“Clashes with your hair. What about this one,” Zaila asked, reaching around me to grip an electric blue dress. I grinned widely and pulled it out.

“Perfect! Thank you love! I’m gonna go get dressed! Feel free to help yourself!” I walked into the bathroom to change clothes. When I came back, Chloe was draping a bright pink dress over her body and looking in the mirror.

“That color looks great with your skin tone.” She smiled and nodded, leaving the room to change. Zaila was still standing at the closet, looking puzzled. I reached in and grabbed a fire engine red dress.

“That looks way more fancy than what you’re wearing Kal. I don’t want to upstage you,” She murmured. I chuckled and shrugged my shoulders, shoving the dress into her hands.

“Sometimes, it’s ok to upstage me. Besides, I get to take credit for that amazing dress,” I said, winking at her before shoving her towards the bathroom door. I giggled to myself and settled down in a chair at my vanity to finish my hair and makeup. I slipped on my coral-colored shoes and waited for the girls. That’s when I heard a knock on the door. I crossed over to the door and opened it slowly.

“What do you want Malfoy,” I scoffed. He smirked, leaning against the door.

“I’m your escort for dinner tonight. You ready?” I rolled my eyes. This was my father’s way of seeing how we would look as a couple, how we would act. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

“I suppose. Just give me a second.” I walked back into my room to see Chloe and Zaila slipping on their shoes. “I apparently have an escort to dinner. I will see you lovely ladies in the dining room.” I left the room and strutted towards Malfoy. “Let’s go.” He chuckled and followed me to the stairs, where we were forced to link arms and I was forced to look happy to be with Draco. We entered the dining room to see that literally ever person we knew was there. I glared over at my father, who smirked and nodded to the two seats open close to the front of the table, closest to the Dark Lord. I gulped nervously and allowed Draco to lead me over to the seats.

“You look lovely, love,” My mother said, smiling. I rolled my eyes slightly, knowing that she wasn’t talking about my outfit.

“Thank you mother,” I said curtly, curtsying to the Dark Lord before sitting in my seat. As soon as I was seated, I noticed Chloe and Zaila come in and sit only a few seats down from me. I gave them the ‘help me’ look as Draco pulled my chair out for me to sit. Zaila snorted and I stuck my tongue out at her.

“How unflattering of you Kalen,” My father said, glowering at me from across the table.

“I apologize Father.”

“You have grown quite a bit since I’ve last seen you, Kalen,” The Dark Lord said in his wispy, snake-like voice. I gulped and nodded, mumbling a ‘thank you’ under my breath. He sat back in his chair nodding slightly before looking at my father. “I approve Connor.” Father nodded and grinned at me. The house elves popped up and began serving the food. Dinner went by with little to no talking. As everyone dissipated from the table, the Dark Lord stood and gave me one of his terribly awkward hugs.

“Thank you My Lord for gracing us with your presence tonight,” I said as I stiffened in his arms.

“You will make a lovely bride Kalen. A very lovely bride.” I gulped again before nodding and wishing everyone goodnight. Draco appeared from out of nowhere.

“Let me walk you to your room.” I nodded and allowed him to take my arm.

“How are you so calm?”

“I’ve accepted my fate.”

“What if I haven’t accepted mine?”
♠ ♠ ♠
so! new chapter 2:) i hated the dinner party scene, although it's definately important to where the story is going. although most of you already know where it's going:) the build-up is the best part! i love you guys! thank you for sticking with this again! comment, subscribe, and rec if you like it:) thank you!'
<3
Andrea