Status: hopefully active!

Get Better With Time

Chapter 4

Shopping was, as always, a horrible experience. We had been at it for several hours before someone found [i/]anything.

“Oh. My. Godric look at that dress,” Chloe mumbled, reaching towards a beautiful aqua and blue dress. I grinned and nodded excitedly.

“And I have the perfect shoes to match them!” She grinned and pulled the dress from the shelf.

“I’m going to go try it on!” She rushed into the dressing room. While waiting, Zaila continued looking around the shop.

“You know, we don’t have to find one here, Zails. I’m sure there’s another shop around here somewhere.” She shook her head.

“I just have a feeling it’s here,” She mumbled as she dug through the racks upon racks of beautiful dresses.

“Okay, I’m ready,” Chloe said from the general area of the dressing rooms. I looked over and gasped.

“You have to buy it. Absolutely have to! There won’t be a single eye not on you in that dress!” She blushed and swatted at my words.

“The eyes are supposed to be on you silly girl,” She muttered, blushing.

“Well, the eyes that aren’t on me ought to be on you two. A girl isn’t anything without her best friends.”

“I found it!” I whipped around to see Zaila holding a short, slightly poofy lime green and yellow dress. I nodded excitedly.

“Go try it on so we can get out of here! The party is in a couple hours!” Both girls rushed to change quickly. We found the nearest fireplace and flooed back to the mansion. I informed Father that we were back and then rushed upstairs to begin getting ready. I looked up at the clock and groaned.

“Ok ladies, we have two hours before my entry.” We all nodded. I bathed first, seeing as my dress would take the longest to put on. I sat in front my vanity brushing my hair and debating what to do with it. I pulled out my wand and dried my hair before pinning it half up and half down. I frowned at the mirror and then began curling the bottom half. I smiled at Chloe as she came out of the bathroom, wrapped in a robe with her hair already dry. She sat down at the long vanity next to me and began working on curling her hair. I brushed some purple and gold eyeshadow across my eyelids and then finished my eyeliner. Almost as soon as I finished my makeup, Zaila was out of the bath and was working on her hair. I looked over at my clock.

“We have an hour ladies. We better hurry!” As soon as Zaila was finished, I slipped into my first dress. I smiled in the mirror as Zaila tied up the corset on the back.

“Suck it in! I want this tight,” Zaila mumbled as she pulled the strings tighter.

“How much tighter are you going to pull the damn thing? I can’t even breathe right now!” She gave one final tug and then tied it tied. Chloe came out of the restroom with her hair and makeup already done.

“You do realize that the dress is only going to be on for maybe thirty to fourty-five minutes?” Zaila shrugged her shoulders.

“I don’t really care. The damn thing is staying on.” I rolled my eyes and picked my shoes up off of my bed, setting them gently on the floor so I could step into them. My mother waltzed into the room just as I put the shoes on.

“You look beautiful my dear! As always! Are you ladies almost ready,” She said looking at the girls. They both nodded.

“Just need to get dressed! Are they almost ready for us down there?” Mother nodded excitedly.

“My baby! Finally all grown up! I can’t believe your father has chosen so soon! But, it will be for the best! The Dark Lord wants only the best for the future of this world! Your match was hand chosen by him, you know! You should be so proud!” I gasped softly.

“So it’s been decided? I’ll find out tonight?” She nodded.

“We’ll announce it shortly my dear.” She wiped a small tear from under her eye. “My little girl is grown up.” I smiled and hugged her tightly.

“Don’t worry Mother. Everything will be alright.” She tapped my nose lightly, smiling through the tears misting over her eyes.

“Is that a promise my little butterfly?” I nodded.

“Always a promise Mama. Now, I believe that the girls are ready now and we should get a move on. I’d hate to be late to my own party.” She nodded softly and motioned towards the girls.

“Come here ladies! Let’s begin the grand entrance now shall we?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel like i'm cheating you guys out of a decent chapter, but at the same time, after this little mother/daughter moment, i was bawling my eyes out. So, i hope you guys get that same emotion from it. comment and subscribe everyone! now i'm gonna go clean myself up! so sad!
<3
Andrea