Status: hopefully active!

Get Better With Time

Chapter 6

Draco scoffed and rolled his eyes at me. “You were jealous, admit it.” I groaned.

“Look, I’m trying to pretend that I even remotely like you for my parents’ sake. You could definitely be making it easier.”

“You can’t deny the attraction between us, Gregory.” I rolled my eyes again.

“Sexual tension isn’t exactly attraction, Malfoy.” He chuckled.

“Got you to admit it.”

“Admit what?”

“That there’s something between us.”

“Oh shove off. We better go socialize. If I don’t talk to every single person here, my parents will assume something is horribly wrong.” I strutted away, feeling him close on my heels. As a new couple, we really weren’t doing that well. We weren’t believable. I mean, it was only the world that we had to fool. Arranged or not, we were going to be happy. I was determined for it to happen. When we entered the main room, we were once again barraged with congratulations. I stood and conversed with the snobbiest of the purebloods all the while, clinging tightly to Draco. The less independent I looked, the happier the snobs would be. Women were obviously below the status of men. I chitchatted with the women about little things. They wanted to know all the details of our engagement, how he had proposed, if we had set a date, which designer did I think I would wear, the questions were never ending. Some of them surprised me. Did these imbeciles actually believe that we were getting married on our own accord? Of course I appeased them, fabricating some of the details that hadn’t actually been presented to us yet. We would not choose our wedding date, the Dark Lord would. Any self-respecting pure-blood would know that, or at least they would know that marriages announced this young certainly weren’t for love. I was suddenly ashamed of the people that I had grown up with. Their idiocy honestly hurt me. Was this how Draco and I were meant to turn out? Mindless idiots with no common sense? At that moment, I vowed to not let us get dragged down. We would beat the odds and not turn out like the rest of the dolts that helped run the world. Together, our wits would most likely shock the world that surrounded us, but apart, they made no sense. It was also then, that I realized why my parents had chosen Draco as my husband. They knew I needed someone to fight with, someone to pick at incessantly. I grinned over at Draco, causing the women to tittle about ‘young love,’ something that I refused to believe actually existed. After several hours of making the rounds through the people, the party was officially over. Unfortunately, my own personal hell had just begun.
♠ ♠ ♠
hate me if you must! you guys wait so long for an update, and then i give you this short thing! It was completely necessary tho! I promise! Anyway, i love you guys(i really do i promise)! Remember to comment, subscribe, and recommend, whatever ya'll want!
<3
Andrea