Status: hopefully active!

Get Better With Time

Chapter 8

I sat on my bed, trying to control the tears. Crying was a sign of weakness that I hated showing. I wiped furiously at my eyes, willing the tears to stop. I knew what little makeup I had worn that night was streaming down my face, which is why I hesitated to answer my door when someone knocked. I was shocked when that someone entered.

“Are you okay,” Draco asked, entering cautiously. Knowing my mood, that was probably the safest way to enter. I shook my head.

“Do you realize how fast this has all happened? I mean, what, three days ago we were two normal pureblood teenagers, and now we’re betrothed to each other. By next summer, we’ll be married Draco! That’s not normal!” He sighed, sitting next to me on my bed and wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

“It is normal Kalen. I mean, not for us personally, but for all purebloods. Your father picked me for some strange reason, and I am prepared to deal with this responsibility. We have to do this, it’s kind of life and death you know.” I gasped.

“I had forgotten about that actually.” All of my plans for somehow escaping this marriage flew from mind. “I just wanted time to think. I mean, all last night at the party, the women kept asking me about the wedding. I felt so overwhelmed. I never planned out my perfect wedding. I just wasn’t that kind of little girl, and now, I have my real life wedding to plan! It’s a scary thought!” He chuckled.

“How about you worry about the wedding, and I’ll worry about keeping us happy and alive for the rest of our lives?” I rolled my eyes.

“That sounds so promising Draco.” He smirked.

“Well, it’s more of keeping myself alive, but still.” I slapped him playfully on the arm while laughing. “Made you smile,” He whispered, pulling me into his body for a hug.

“Why are you being like this Draco? You’re actually comforting me.” He shrugged.

“Might as well get used to it right?”

“We have the rest of our lives to get used to it.” He shrugged.

“Whatever Negative Nancy. Everyone’s worried about you down there. Well, kind of.” I rolled my eyes again.

“Whatever, I think I’m just going to stay up here. I might read.” He chuckled.

“Maybe I’ll stay up here with you?” I shrugged.

“You can if you want. I’m literally just going to be reading.”

“Whatever.” And so we sat, him staring aimlessly into space, and I, reading an obviously over-read copy of Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice. It wasn’t too long into the book however, that I drifted into an easy sleep.

I awoke early the next morning wrapped in someone’s arms. I groaned and wiggled out of their grasp, opening my eyes to see Draco laying there. I was still in my party dress from the night before, which was causing me to itch ridiculously. I stumbled to my dresser and found a pair of pajamas to slip into before walking back over to the bed.

“Draco,” I said, shaking him lightly. He moaned and rolled away from me. “Draco, wake up.” He rolled back over and glared at me with one eye.

“What are you doing in my room,” He asked, confused. I smiled softly.

“I’m not in your room, you’re in mine. I just wanted to give you the option of going back to your room before I went back to sleep.” He groaned again and shook his head. I laughed and crawled back under the covers, which prompted him to do the same.

“I hate being woke up by shaking, by the way,” He mumbled. I looked over at him and shook my head.

“There wasn’t much other way to wake you Draco.” He shrugged his shoulders and wrapped his arms around my body. I sighed in a somewhat content way and got comfortable, and then, I drifted back to sleep.

The next time we woke up, was because of obnoxious giggling. I opened one eye and then flipped off both Zaila and Chloe.

“Let me sleep,” I groaned.

“It’s well past nine now. It was either we come wake you, or your mother, and she would be making a much bigger scene about what happened last night.” I groaned and slipped back the covers to get out of bed.

“No,” Draco grumbled, tightening his grip on my waist. I giggled and pushed his arms away.

“You need to wake up too, Draco,” Chloe said, pushing him. He groaned and opened his eyes.

“Leave then.” Zaila rolled her eyes before grabbing Chloe’s hand.

“Let’s leave the lovebirds alone, Chlo.”

“There was no need to be so grumpy with them,” I said as I changed in my closet. His jaw dropped when I stepped out.

“They woke me up. You’re not wearing that in public,” He said, looking me up and down. I adjusted the cardigan and reached out to pinch his cheek.

“It’s all the rage in muggle London, which is exactly where the girls and I are headed today. I’ll be fine.” I rolled my eyes and grabbed my wallet that held all of my muggle money. “We’re going shopping for school.”

“You don’t need muggle clothes in Hogwarts.”

“You’re right, we don’t need them, but we sure do like them, so we’re going to buy them.” With that said, I spun on my heel and left to find the girls.
♠ ♠ ♠
yay for another chapter, and a little bonding between Draco and Kalen! hope ya'll enjoy it! comment, subscribe or recommend please:) love ya'll!
<3
Andrea