Smile.

One.

The music blared from all around. Giant speakers were in each corner of the room. People pushed up against each other, dancing, laughing and yelling. Talk about a huge fucking migraine.

I made a B-line for the kitchen, anything to get away from the pounding ambients and sweating idiots dancing and spilling beer all around me. I hated parties, I don't even know why I let my best friend talk me into going with him. Especially since as soon as we got here, he ditched me in a heartbeat, like I knew he would.

Oh, wait. I let him talk me into going because I would give the jerk both of my kidneys and my heart on a gold platter if he needed them. I shook my head and marched into the kitchen, trying to ignore the shitty pop song on the radio.

The kitchen was an absolute mess. Red party cups were scattered everywhere and there was a couple making out under the table. I blinked, before rolling my eyes. Teenagers were so animalistic at parties, it was ridiculous. I found a new cup, before filling it up with soda.

I jumped a little when someone poked me repeatedly in the shoulder. I whipped around to be face to face with a guy with pretty, deep, dark brown eyes and a killer smirk. He looked familiar, I was sure I'd passed him in the halls at school before.

"Hey there, you're forgetting your shot of JD with your cup of Coke, darling."

He winked at me and all I could do was raise an eyebrow. I was in no mood for this at the moment. "That's okay," I stated. "I'm pretty against public intoxification at wild parties, bound to be busted by the pigs."

It was his turn to raise an eyebrow, before he shrugged and laughed. "You're pretty witty, miss. The name's Brian. And, you are?"

"Pissed and very annoyed at the moment," I replied, before grabbing my cup and moving towards the back door.

Brian followed me outside, much to my dismay. "Not what I meant. Hey, what's your name?"

I sat on a lawn chair by the pool. Shockingly, it was pretty dead out here. I guess the idiots weren't drunk enough to go dive in the pool yet. "Avril, as in, French for April."

"Pretty name for a pretty girl," he said, absent-mindedly.

"Oh, a compliment from a decent looking guy at a party! Would you like a VIP pass into my pants and a bedroom upstairs?" I was a smart ass, a huge smart ass. I figured he would've gotten pissed and walked away, but he didn't.

Instead, he laughed and sat in a chair next to mine. "No, that's okay. Not that you're not attractive or anything, but I can tell you're in no mood to be seduced. And, I'm more than a 'decent looking guy'. I'm fuckin' sexy and you know it."

I just shook my head and leaned back into the lawn chair, to look up at the sky. "Why aren't you in there, getting your drink on?" I asked, somewhat sarcastically.

"As much as I love drinking, I'm in no mood to party. My friend dragged me here and bailed to go make out with some random chick," he stated. "I saw you and saw that you didn't seem to want to be here, either. So, I thought I'd chat it up with you."

"You're so kind. That's pretty much the only reason I'm here, too. My best friend begged me to come and then bailed on me as soon as we got here."

"Sounds like a dick," Brian said, taking my cup out of my hands and taking a drink. He sent me a small smile.

I shrugged. "He's not a dick. No, he is a dick. I just defend the hell out of him, stupid on my part."

He raised an eyebrow and questioned what I meant. I semi-explained that I had feelings for the moron, but he just brushed it off every time I implied it. I also explained that it pissed me off that he goes out and makes me come to parties with him, but always leaves me. But, I would do anything he asked me to.

I'm stupid, I'm aware.

"Sounds like you just need to get someone to take your mind off of this dork for a while."

And, that was how it all started.
♠ ♠ ♠
Rofl. I have no idea where I'm going with this story.
Should I even continue it? (x