Smile.

Four.

There was a loud, banging from the front door. I grumbled, and held the phone between my shoulder and ear, before making a B-line for the door. I pulled it open to see an angry looking Zachary staring intensely at me with his bright, green eyes.

“Oh, hi. Uh, Bri, I’ll call you back in a bit. I got to go,” I stated, really fast, before hanging up the phone and smiling innocently at Zack.

“Do not give me that look,” he said, in a pissy tone. “Why the hell didn’t you call me?”

I shrugged. “The message wasn’t passed on through the grapevine,” I lied. I turned away and walked towards the kitchen, knowing he’d follow me.

Just as I figured, I heard the front door slam and footsteps following me. “I know that isn’t true.”

“Okay, fine,” I turned around to face him. “I’m pissed off. You fucking promised to not bail on me if I went with you to that fucking party. I turn around for five seconds, and you’re gone! I had no idea what to do, and you were my fucking ride home. What was I supposed to do?”

He said nothing, just gave me that sad look that killed me a little inside every time. I twitched. “Don’t give me that look.”

“I’m sowwy, Avie,” he said. I bit my lip.

“Fuck you,” I hissed, trying to not let him win. I turned around again and went over to the cabinet. I was in the process of making dinner before he started banging hardcore on my door anyways. “Seriously, you expect me to just let you waltz in and forgive you like you didn’t leave me to possibly get raped last night?”

“You do every other time,” he replied, honestly.

I turned around and looked at him. “Maybe this isn’t every other time, Zachary.”

He frowned, looking genuinely upset. “I’m sorry, Avril.”

I just looked away and sighed. He already won.

*

I sat outside on the steps to my porch for a while. I had a scowl plastered on my face and I just wanted to get the hell out of my house. I pretty much had to force Zack out of my house, because I was still beyond pissed at him. Or maybe, I was pissed off at myself, because I just forgave him like it was nothing.

I fucking hated that more than life itself; the way he just walks all over me like I’m the carpet in his room. Pissed was an understatement at the moment.

The familiar black mustang rolled up to the curb and I got up slowly. He rolled down the window as soon as I approached and raised an eyebrow.

“Why do you look so pissed off?” he asked, unlocking the door. I climbed in the car as fast as I can.

I shrugged. “Bad day. Unexpected visitors piss me off,” I stated. It was the truth, they did. But, I knew Zack would eventually end up at my door if I stopped answering his calls. He lived down the street from me. It was literally less than three minutes to talk to each other’s house.

“Is that why you hung up on me? I’m sorry, that does suck,” he replied, before driving off. I had no idea where we were going, but I didn’t care. As long as it was far away from here, I was cool.

We drove for about twenty minutes, casually talking about little things. Brian eventually completely pushed Zack out of my mind for a little bit, helping me cheer up. I was so happy, not thinking about him. I didn’t ever realize that he hurt me more than he made me happy until I actually thought about it. He really did hurt me a lot.

“We’re going to go meet a friend of mine,” Brian said, randomly. He grinned over at me for a second, before looking at the road again. “He’s great, I think you’ll love him.”

I nodded. “Okay, works for me.”

Oh, I had no idea what I was getting into.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, hi. It's been forever, hasn't it? I lost my muse, I'm sorry.
And, now, my life is a mess. But, I'll try to update this more.
Comments are nice ways to encourage me to work faster. ;)
Thanks for the comments, everyone :D
Brownie points for whoever can guess who she's going to go meet.