‹ Prequel: Unholy Confessions
Status: Sequel!

Betrayed

We All Scream for Ice Cream

Neche and I left the doctors office and walked to where Jason and Matt were sitting in the Escalade. I looked to my sister and nodded, hoping she'd keep her mouth shut until we got home, I needed to think of what I wanted to say, and I'd prefer to talk to Jason alone. We got into the backseat and I told Jason we would talk later. He nodded and caught my eye through the rearview mirror reflection. I gave him a small smile and I heard him sigh before putting the truck in reverse and pulling out of the parking lot.

The ride home felt so much longer than it normally did, and by the time we got home, I still had no idea what I wanted to say to him. I quickly got out of the car and managed to make it to the bottom of the stairs before Jason called out to me.
"Mina?" his voice was barely above a whisper, and I turned to look over my shoulder. His normally confident stature was slumped and saddened. I had ruined this man, and all I had wanted to do was love him.
"Jason... I..."
"Take a walk with me?"
I couldnt help the small smile that managed to play on my lips as I remembered all the walks we took when we were younger. We were naive then... even with everything that was going on with my sister. The first walk we took... the day I met him... he admitted to me later that he had never wanted anything so bad in his life then when he met me.

I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his waist, resting my head on his broad chest. I had never wished to go back in time until this moment. I would give up everything if it meant never hurting Jason like this. And the worst part... I couldn't even remember ruining our relationship. Even now, everytime I tried to think about it, it eluded me. We never said a word to Brian about it, just pretended it never happened and I think he finally realized that after everything... I didnt want anything from him but his friendship... but now, I didnt even want that.

"I miss when things weren't so complicated," I sighed into his chest, and I felt him chuckle slightly before sighing.
"Come on... let's clear our heads," he whispered against the top of my head. I nodded and took his hand as he led me out the front door. We walked around the block three times, and he held my hand the whole way. Finally, I wandered off the block and led Jason to a local ice cream joint. We ordered and I led him over a park. After sitting down and taking a bit of my ice cream, I looked up at him expectingly.
"Are you ready to talk?" he asked, not unkindly, and I simply nodded in response. "What happened at the doctor's Mina? What did she say?"
I took another bit of my ice cream and swallowed, "I'm almost four weeks."
He nodded and looked down at his chocolate cone.
"There are two fetuses..."
Jason looked up at me in surprise, "Like twins? Because obviously the twin gene runs in my family!"
He looked so excited and it crushed me when I had to stop him, "Jase... there's two separte eggs... one that's exactly one day more mature than the other... and you haven't touched me in that long..."
"So... so what you're saying..."
"The first baby is yours Jason, is ours."
"But the second one is Brian's..." he finished bitterly and I felt the tears begin to form. I looked at him for a moment before nodding.

He didn't say anything for a long time, just stared down at his calloused hands. I tried to be patient, eating my ice cream and waiting for him, but the longer it took for him to say something, the more my anxiety started to pulse out of control. Finally, he looked over at me and pulled me into his lap.
"We're going to be great parents, Mina. Will you still keep your promise?"
I closed my eyes and leaned against his strong chest before nodding, "He'll only hold it over my head if he knew."
"You're absolutely right. We'll be okay... we can focus on the wedding to keep ourselves distracted."
A small smile graced my lips and I nodded again. For the first time in a month, I felt like everything was going to be okay. And the reason was always the same; as long as I had Jason, I could do anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
I seriously spent all day re-reading Unholy Confessions as well as this story... I'm so in love with it. And with my wifey <3

What do you think is going to happen next?!
Comment, Rate, Subscribe :)
Kels