Status: Active

Secret Valentine

Day 6

Saturday, 11AM
I awoke in my bed, still too tired to move, Travis was curled into a ball next to me, as usual. I smiled at the sight of his adorable sleeping face.
"Hey!" I shoutted.
"What the hell!" he awoke and chuckled, still half awake.
"I'm sorry, had to do it some way. That just happened to be the first to come into thought." I laughed, he cuddled next to me, wrapping his arms around me. I smiled burrying my face in his chest, possibly the most perfect place in the world.
"SO it's Saturday, I think today’s the last day!!!!" I pulled away, and chanted happily, now wide awake.
"haha, you're excited!" Travis didn't sound too excited himself.
"I know, I really can't wait to find out who this is!!! He's pretty much perfect." and well, so are you, what am I saying? Why would I tell you that? I can't believe I'm making the guy I like, worry about the fact, that I'm thinking about other guys. Dammit.
"Yeahh, haha, well I'm glad you're happy about it." he smiled cheesily, an attempt to hide whatever was on his mind.
"What's wrong Travissss?" I poked him.
"Oh, nothing, I'm just a little spaced, kinda nervous about this tour." he replied, I could tell it was something else, I knew he was excited for his band, but I'll let him have this one, just for the time being.
"What?! you, nervous?! hah, Travis you're going to do great!" I encouraged, "I've only been in my band for three days dude." I reminded him.
"I know! I feel bad for you!" he teased.
"Well, gee, thanks." I stuck my tongue out at him.
"So, let's get ready and go to the park then?" he suggested.
"sounds good to me." I smiled, I sighed, I really did not want to get out of bed with him laying there all cute like and such. But I did before he could ask about the sigh in the first place.
30 minutes later...
"So how was the grad party?" asked my mom, her job kept her out late a lot. Travis and I sat at the island in my kitchen, cups of hot chocolate sitting in front of us.
"Interesting. Intriguing, the night all together that is." I smiled at Travis, taking his hand.
"I'm glad." he said, intertwining our fingers. To him it was probably a best friends thing, but to me it was just cute. My mom kinda smirked at me, she knew what I was thinking, allll the time, that and I kinda told her everything.
"So, what do you have planned for today?" she asked, changing the subject before Travis could ask about the smile.
"The last note mom!!! woo!" I spun around in my chair.
"Someone’s enthusiastic." she smiled.
"I slept very well." I assured her, stopping back at my cup, smiling.
"Well, I've got to head to the hospital, see you kids later, have fun!" she messed up my hair dorkily, I stuck my tongue out at her as she walked away, Travis chuckled.
Later...
"Travisss, you're getting worse as the day goes on, what's bugging you hun?" I urged, he had to know that I knew it wasn't the whole Warped tour thing anymore.
"Long story, don't really want to think about it more than I need to right now though. Although, it's not necessarily a bad thing, it’s actually probably going to work out very well, I'm just...nervous." he assured me.
"I hope so, and if it doesn't work out in your favor, am I gonna have to kick some asss?!" I laughed, we were walking through the park now, it was close to 3PM.
"You'd have to be talented to kick your own ass. Haha just kidding." he laughed, it was so adorable, I sighed. What was that supposed to mean?
"Why does this have to involve me?!" I pushed him playfully.
"I said I was kidding." he was still laughing. He wasn't though, I could see it in his eyes.

"The 3rd site, 3rd row, 3rd bench, and 3rd tree at Kennedy park."

"So how am I going to find this?! The third row..." I looked down the isle of trees.
"We're already in site three. And we just passed the second bench." he reminded me.
"Ohh...okay." I smiled like I knew what he was doing, because I sure hadn't been keeping track.
"And there’s number 3. Stop." I said, "Now what?" I asked.
"Everything’s a straight shot from here." he took a step behind the bench, I followed, and we came to the third tree in the perfectly aligned row.
There was a hole in it, and a yellow envelope placed in it cutely.
"he told me to come early so it wouldn't rot with the rest of the tree. Where does this kid even find the time of day?" I asked, taking it out of the tree, I slid my finger under the top, opening it, Travis bit his lip.
"What?" I asked.
"Nothing, just go ahead." he held his hands together, almost shyly, but what for?
I looked down.
"when guilt fills your head
brush off rise up from the dead
this is the moment that we
will come alive
brace yourself for love
sweet love, secret love.

We'll write a song
that turns out the lights
when both boy and girl start suddenly shaking inside
don't waste your time
speed up your breathing
just close your eyes
we'll hope it's not for nothing at all...
"
I opened the second half of the letter.
"I love your scent, and the fact that you love my cologne. Glad to know it drives you just as crazy as it drives me. I like the fact that you like the simple things in life, because my favorite things are those sunset beach parties, and the wind blowing through your hair, the sunshine on your face. Dancing together in the rain, sitting on your rooftop to stare at the stars, but secretly scared shitless. I love the way you laugh, its comparable to that of an Angel singing. I love the fact that I'm so good at hiding the fact that you take my breath away, but I'm just so good at lying. The way my heart speeds up and slows down whenever I think we're moving closer. Even if it wasn't meant to be. I love the fact that your short. I love the fact that you might still think the thought of kissing me is awkward, no matter how much I hope it's not the case. I love the fact that after you read this, you're going to look up at me and think I'm crazy.
I love the fact that I've been right here beside you the entire time, while working on this foolproof plan to get you right where I want you, and dragged you on this scavenger, when I could have just told you. And I love most of all, the fact that you stayed committed and interested.

Love, Travis
"
My jaw dropped, along with the letter and all of the envelopes, almost as if they fell together. I shook my head, snapping myself back into reality to make sure it was real. It was quite movie like, which was kinda new to me. I looked up at him, he had a shy smile plastered on his face, hands in his pockets. I shook my head again and smiled wide, pulling him into a bear hug. Every lose end was suddenly tied into one. This kid was my forever, end of story.
"Why would I think that you're crazy?" I asked.
"For putting this friendship at such a risk." he hugged back, stroking my hair sweetly.
"A risk that's worth it. I don't care what happens, I'm not leaving." I promised, he hugged me tighter.
"Well, neither am I. But..." he pulled back, looking me in the eyes, his were blue, and gorgeous, like the ocean in Hawaii.
I had to snap myself into reality again, so I shook my head lightly, and chuckled, kissing him sweetly. He kissed back, pressing me lightly against the tree, but with enough force to make me swoon. Butterflies swelled in my stomach, and blood rushed to my head.
His hand moved to the back of my neck, intertwined with my hair, I took his face in my hands. We pulled apart and smiled, our eyes saying just about everything else that needed to be said. Everything I'd kept to myself in the last two weeks, everything behind the meaning of that song, which suddenly meant the world to me. I was over Sterling, that book was closing, and this one, well this one was open for a while, I was just too stupid to notice. Travis kissed me passionately again. I could have died under the light pressure of that kiss, leaving me breathless, and perfectly content with just about everything. At least in that moment, I could have died happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Last D:
Hope you liked it!
Thoughts concerns? lol.
Wellll, I do have a new one up, but its an All Time Low one, so if you're interested check it out :) I don't have a direct link so unfortunately you have to go to my page or search my name.
Thanks for reading this <3