Status: Taking some time to write every chapter because I'm busy and stressed but I'm working on it!

Quietly His Fault

Things are changing. For the better?

Ch 4

My head is on Zach Porter’s lap, Mr. Popular!

Zach Porter is playing with my hair.

This is SO weird. Very much so.

Don’t get me wrong, I like him, but I’m starting to trust him, and that is weird for me.

Also he was such a gentleman. He opened doors for me, paid for lunch, and the movies.

He’s a good guy, but I already knew that.

As we are watching the movies my dad walks in. My dad can see Zach’s head, and my feet dangling off the couch . He walks into the living room and asks, “Would you like to stay for dinner Zach?”

Zach looks at me to see what I want. I smile at him in response so he gives my dad a genuine smile and says, “Only if you don’t mind.”

“Well you two finish your movie. When it is over dinner should be finished.”

“Thanks Mr. Brent.” Zach says as my dad leaves the room.

*****

The next day at school I don’t expect anything to change. I assume Zach hanging with me was a one time thing never to be mentioned. As I walk to my locker before school I hear some hockey jocks talking to their captain saying, “Zach where were you all weekend? You were MIA.”

“What is MIA?”

“Missing in Action.” Zach says before continuing, “ I was hanging with a new friend. No big.”

“What kind of friend?”

“Two girls.” I smile at him including Cuddles as a person.

“Whoa bro!”

“We are just friends dude. Don’t go there.”

“Hi Aida!” I hear a nasal voice say to me.

Shit! Marsha and her groupies!

“Aida!” she screeches, “I said hi.”

I turn to face her without saying a word.

“Looking more hideous then usual I see. I always thought you couldn’t get uglier, but you always manage to prove me wrong. Congrats.”

“Back off Marsha!” I hear someone yell, when I look to see who said it I see Zach.

“Zachy Quacky!”

“Quacky?!?!” I mumble to myself laughing.

Apparently I didn’t mumble quietly enough because Marsha glares at me.

“Leave her alone Marsha.”

“Zachy Quacky why does it matter? She is just some loser.”

“She isn’t a loser, and I said back off.” Zach sternly replies with gritted teeth.

“Whatever. Are we still on this Friday?”

“No. I’m done with you. I’m not going on a date with you again so piss off.”

After Zach says that the hallway is silent due to shock. Zach turns to me and says, “You look hot today Aida.” Then he walks back to his friends and then turns around to me and winks.

Everyone is staring at me, but I don’t care.

I smile and head to class realizing things are changing, maybe even for the better.