Status: Completed! Look for the sequel!

Married to a Rock Star

NYC Concert

“That was a lot of fun.” I laughed, pulling him along the streets of New York. “You’ve got a concert tonight right?” I asked.

He nodded, and laughed at me.

“Are you hyper or something?”

“Only a little bit.” I replied.

“You want backstage?”

“Not until after the concert. I like being in the crowd, obviously.”

“That’s awesome.” Alex stated. “Come on, let’s get back to the hotel and get dressed okay?”

“Mmmkay,” I replied as he led the way back.

Our walk was fairly silent, but I honestly didn’t mind at all.

“Awe, Jackie! Look at them.” Zack pointed and laughed. “I think they like each other.”

“Me too!” Jack agreed.

“Maybe just a little.” I held up my empty right hand to show them how much.

“Alex loves her…” Rian laughed. “Let’s leave them be. They probably gotta change for tonight.”

“True that.” Jack nodded before getting on the elevator that we had just walked off of.

“Bye guys.” I called as I pulled Alex toward the room. I got my key, and was the first one in. “Hurry up. I need to change too.” I teased as he rolled his eyes, and then he went off to the shower first, leaving me to get ready.

I picked out the blue skirt I bought today along with the All Time Low shirt, and my blue converse. I grabbed everything I needed for my shower, and I waited until Alex came out. Of course he had to walk out shirtless. At first I stared at him, but when I saw his smirk, I quickly rolled my eyes.

“Can you move please?” I asked. “I gotta get ready.”

“Sure.” He laughed, and then he moved out of the way. I ran into the bathroom, and locked the door behind me.

Note to self, don’t stare at his shirtless chest.

*

“I’m ready!” I shouted as I finished running the flat iron through my hair. I walked out of the bathroom, and Alex was sleeping on the couch. “Alex…” I whispered, walking over to the chair. “You gotta get up!”

“No…” He groaned, and then he rolled from his back to his stomach.

“Alex, wake the hell up!” I yelled loudly.

He groaned, and raised his head.

“Could you be any louder?”

“Yes, I can.” I stated, placing my hands on my hips. “Get the fuck up. We gotta go or you are going to be late!”

“What time is it?”

“It’s almost six.”

“Shit!” Alex yelled, standing up fast before running to the bathroom to fix his hair.

I rolled my eyes, and grabbed my purse.

“Are you ready now?”

“Yeah,” He stated, coming back out of the bathroom. “You’ve got the room key, right?”

“Sure do.” I mumbled.

I walked out first with Alex following closely behind me.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing,” I laughed. “I’m just…I don’t know.”

“Woman, you confuse me.”

“And you don’t confuse me?” I raised my eyebrows. “You have got to be one of the cockiest people I’ve ever met, and now you’re being nice. Didn’t we have this conversation earlier?”

“I guess we did.” He laughed. “Come on, Mrs. Gaskarth.” He offered his hand out to me.

Gingerly, I let him lace our hands together, and we got into the elevator.

“I’m actually really excited to hear you guys play. This should be fun.”

“I hope you like the set. What’s your favorite song?”

It took me a minute before I came up with my answer.

“Break Your Little Heart.” I admitted. “I actually am in love with it.”

“Okay.” He smirked.

“Gaskank, what do you have brewing inside that evil little mind of yours?”

“Nothing…” Alex replied in a sing song voice.

“Uh…sure…” I eyed him carefully. “Why don’t I trust you?”

“Gasp!” He joked. “Not trusting your husband?! That’s an outrage!”

“And you’re ridiculous.” I rolled my eyes. “Has anyone ever told you that you act like you’re still seven?”

“All of the time.” He smiled a cheeky smile.

“Let’s get you to the concert.” I giggled, and rolled my eyes. “You’re such a kid.” I mumbled.

Alex heard me, and smiled wider.

His grip on my hand even tightened.

*

“I’d like to dedicate this next song to someone special to me.” Alex stated into the microphone after they got done playing Lost In Stereo.

“To me? You shouldn’t have, Alex!” Jack squealed.

Alex rolled his eyes.

“Not you, jack ass.” He laughed. “This song goes out to Mackenzie!” He stated.

My mouth dropped open, and I blushed as he started to play Break Your Little Heart. My feet started to move as I sang along like all the other girls in the crowd, but some how I felt like the only girl Alex saw. I’m sure that it’s this stupid Rock Star thing that he does, but it works. It works well too. Butterflies erupted from my stomach when I looked at the way that he played, and I smiled when his eyes reached mine. In that magical moment, I felt so close to Alex. I felt like this was where he was the happiest at. The stage is his safe haven, much like my notebook is mine.

“Stop gawking!” Someone yelled in my ear.

I turned my head to see Jack leaning over the railing, acting like a little kid. He had a slight smirk on his face, and I laughed.

“What ever do you mean, Mr. Barakat?” I asked.

Alex looked at us curiously, but kept singing the song.

Jack didn’t miss a note.

“You know what I mean, Mrs. Gaskarth.” He yelled at me.

Girl glared at me, I could feel the looks burning holes in the back of my head.

“Whatever, just play.” I laughed.

Jack rolled his eyes, and tossed his guitar pick to me before he went back to his mic stand to grab another. I looked down at the guitar pick to see the word Herpes written on it.

Figures; that's classic Jack.

“What did you just say to that gorgeous young lady?” Alex joked after the song was over.

“Ooh nothing.” Jack sang, winking down at me.

I cracked up laughing.

“I find that hard to believe.” Alex laughed.

“Damn, you caught me. We’re going to hang out after the concert and have meaningless animal sex.”

“What the fuck?!” Alex laughed, but it sounded forced. “Jack, dude. That’s not cool.”

“You’re right. I’m sorry, Mackenzie for telling your Husband about our secret affair.”

“It’s okay!” I yelled, giggling like crazy.

“Mackenzie Delavera Gaskarth.” Alex gasped. “You wouldn’t do that to me, would you babe?”

“Well….” I joked, laughing still.

Alex rolled his eyes.

“Rude.” He stated. “Alright this one is called Actors!” He yelled as they went into another song.

I knew that the set was almost over so I went back to the merch table to help Vinnie.

“Thanks for the help.”

“You welcome. It’s no problem really.”

“You know that those fans are going to eat you alive, right?”

“Sure, whatever,” I rolled my eyes.

After about ten kids came to get their merch, I was use to the stares they gave me.

“Don’t worry about those girls. They’re just jealous.”

I shrugged.

“I guess.” I didn’t want to talk about it. “I can seriously get used to this. It’s fun. No wonder why you love your job.”

“It’s not to bad, is it?”

“Not bad at all.” I laughed. “These fans are intense.”

“Yeah, but you get kind of used to it.”

“I don’t think that I ever could.” I admitted. “It’s so weird. Dude, I’m still getting used to not insulting my husband, let alone liking his fans.”

“It’s so weird to hear that Alex is married to someone other than Lisa.” Vinnie stated as he shook his head.

“What?” I asked slowly.

Why in the hell have I heard so much about this Lisa chick? And why did she randomly show up at Alex’s house earlier this morning?

“I…I think that Alex should tell you about her.”

I started to protest, but then I shut my mouth.

“…yeah. Good idea.” I agreed.

As I held my tongue, I felt an odd pang in my stomach.

I didn’t like this Lisa girl, and I never will.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmmmm....

Thoughts??

xoxo Rae Marie