Behind the blue eyes

Chapter Two

Sitting on my kitchen bench eating two minute noodles out of the styrofoam cup it came in, I looked around the room. Most of the boxes were unpacked, they were only books, DVDs, CDs, My stereo player, blankets and sheets were in the cupboard. Only half of my clothing have been put away in the walk in wardrobe that is huge. I am only going to use the right side and leave the left empty just in case someone comes as my roommate ... lets hope that doesn’t happen.
I poured the soupy water down the sink and dropped the empty cup in the bin strolling across the room and up the stairs grabbing a box on the way I walked to the bathroom and started to unpack my toiletries into the cupboard under the sink when I herd a small knock. Looking around putting everything down they knocked again and again. Yelling out hang on and slowly bouncing to the door still hyped about the fact I am out of the house. Yes I said I didn’t want to come here and leave my school, but this place isn’t that bad. Just yet to find out how the rest of the school is.

Holding onto the doorknob I turned it and opened it slightly. There stood a stack of boxes piled high. Puzzled I asked ‘Hello?, Is this someone's things?’ A small voice groaned and the boxes shook. Looking down there were the most amazing pair of boots. Bitting my lip i took a deep breath and grabbed the top two boxes. As I pulled them away the owner of the feet sighed and breathed heavy. ‘I don’t know what Dad was thinking piling me up with all of these boxes, Thank you for taking the boxes I was about to fall over’ Taking the boxes in and placing them on the floor, I followed her back down and helped her carry the boxes back up to the room. She was sweet, nice. Light blue hair, short and straight. It fell in her face all the time and now and then she would flick her head to move the hair out of her eyes. Her small lips pulled the most amazing smiles that would make even the most evil of kids stop and smile back.

We stood at the window and waved to her Dads car as he drove off. Climbing back off the seat and walking to my bed flopping back before crawling backward to the pillows and sitting up. Patting the bed looking up at the girl I said ‘Come here, Tell me about yourself and then we will unpack your things’

The girl sat on the edge of the seat and took off her boots, Slowly unzipping them at the side and neatly placed them at the door. Stepping softly she looked like she could walk on clouds. She was shorter without the boots, about three inches shorter it looked. Climbing onto the bed delicately crossing her legs. Fish net stockings under a red plad skirt. Black T-shirt with wings on the back.

“My name is Nickie, I’m sixteen, third child of four. Lived with my Dad since Mum left five years ago. Three older brothers, named Jack, Ben and Cam. I’m not the most normal person you will ever meet. Um I don’t really know what else to say, Oh Dad is sending me here to I’d have a female room mate soon as how i don’t have any sisters, and it will be easier for him to deal with me being here and not at home with no other female. So basically it will be less awkward. I’m not shy much, and I hope that we can be friends, I’d like to be close to at lest one person here. Who better than my roommate?”

Looking up at her smiling, she smiled back, ‘Deal Nickie, We can watch out for each other?’ I said holding out my hand. Shaking my hand she laughed and said deal. Letting it go we climbed off my bed, ‘Oh by the way my names Vyxsin’.