A Lot of Potential

Answers

It's been two days since I've heard from Alex. He won't answer Jack or I's texts or phone calls. I got fed up and borrowed my sister's car and made my way to his house. His car was parked in the driveway with his parent's missing. I got out and braced myself for whatever I may find out or what I may not find. I knocked on the door lightly waiting for it to swing open and see his adorable face. Nothing. I began thinking and trying to remember what he had said one day about having a spare key hidden somewhere. The flowerpot. Check the flowerpot! I told myself, reaching into the small vase and pulled out a silver key. I slid the key in the doorknob and unlocked it, throwing the key back where it belonged.

I pushed the door open to see a lamp on. Someone was here, but where? I pushed myself up the stairs of his home and found myself outside his bedroom door. I turned the doorknob quietly, peeking through the crack. He laid on his bed, face down wearing nothing but his jeans. I soundlessly walked over to him and touched his warm back. He cringed and pushed himself up. He looked at me, his expression changing from upset to calm. His eyes were red and glossy from crying and his hair was a mess.

"Haley, what are you doing here?" he croaked, grabbing my hand and squeezing it.

I sat down next to him and threw my arms around his neck. "I'm here because I've missed you." I sighed into his neck.

"I-I'm so sorry."

"For what?" I asked, confused.

"Everything. I'm just confused and I'm sorry I haven't returned your texts or calls." he said, his voice breaking. He cleared his throat before speaking again. "Baby, I love you and I didn't mean for any of this to hap-"

"Alex, what's wrong?" I say calmly, cutting him off.

I watched as he hung his head. His hands began to shake, as he covered his face with his hands. He took a deep breath before turning to look at me, with tears on the verge of spilling from his eyes. "I don't wanna believe it." he choked, wiping the tears from his eyes.

"Believe what?"

"My brother is," he stopped, pulling me into a sweet kiss. He pulled away and sniffled before finishing his sentence. "my brother is d-dead."

I gasped, lost for words. "Alex, I-I'm so sorry." I gasped as he pulled me into a tight grip. He ran his lips violently into mine, creating a sexual friction. He ran his fingers through my hair, and forced his lips into my jaw. In a flash, he was on top of me, pulling off my shirt.

"I love you." he whispered, stroking my sides with his hands.

"I love you too." I quietly said, as he began to unbutton my jeans. I didn't object, I wanted to help him get his brother off his mind. He pulled my jeans down my legs, exposing my tan thighs. I began to unbuckle his black belt and unbutton his jeans. He helped me pull them off of him, his lips never leaving mine. He pulled off the meager amounts of clothing that still remained on our bodies before he prepared himself for entry.

I stared into his teary brown eyes as he began to thrust himself roughly into me. They were quick, harsh, and painful. "Alex you're hurting me." I whimpered, making him stop. He kissed my gently on the lips before changing his pace to a slower, softer thrust.

"I'm sorry." he whispered, keeping things steady. He began to increase speed, making me moan many amounts of times. In a matter of minutes, it was over. He laid next to me, breathing heavily, kissing my neck in the process of catching his breath.

He pulled the blankets around our revealed bodies and propped his head up on his arm to face me. His pained face changed into a light smile as he began to play with my hair, twirling it around in his fingers.

"I didn't mean for that to happen." he said with his voice still a little groggy.

"What?"

"Everything that just happened. The unexpected sex."

"I maybe wanted it to happen." I admitted, looking up at his delicate face.

A grin appeared on his lips."I couldn't control my lust for you. I needed you. I wanted you. I just, I don't know. I've never wanted someone so bad in my life until the day I met you."

"I, uh." I stuttered, not knowing what to say. He smiled again and cut my stuttering off with a kiss.

"I haven't. Can I tell you something and promise me you won't run away from me and never speak to me again?" he bit his lip.

"Mhm." I positively hummed. He grinned widely and took a deep breath, pulling me closer to him.

"My biggest fear is losing you." he whispered, his eyes beginning to tear up again. "I don't ever wanna face that fear. You have no clue how much you fucking mean to me. You're the only one that makes me happy." he murmured, wiping the tears from his face.

I pushed my face closer to his and kissed him passionately. "Alex, I love you. I don't want to lose you either. You're all I could have ever asked for. You're in and out perfect and amazing and now I can't see my life without you." I whispered loud enough that he could hear me.

"I love you too baby, always. Nothing ever changing that. I promise you that." he said sweetly, connecting our lips. "What time is it?"

I reached for his phone that was laying on the table and pulled it open. I looked at the time and saw that it was already 7:30. I sighed in frustration knowing I had to leave soon.

"It's 7:30. I have to leave soon." I whined, running my forehead into his chest.

"Can I come over?" he bluntly asked, hoping for a yes.

"Sure." I smiled, sitting up. "Get dressed lazy bum." I giggled, poking his side. I began pulling my clothes back on while he was on the other side of his room dressing himself in a new outfit. I smiled in satisfaction when I turned to see him wearing a red plaid shirt.

"What?" he asked, scratching the back of his head.

"I love it when you wear plaid." I giggled, throwing my arms around his waist. "You make it even sexier when you smell good."

"I always smell good, don't I?" he beamed, kissing my forehead. "You ready baby?"

"Yeah, lets go." I said, letting him intertwine our fingers together. We walked down his staircase and to the front door, letting him grab his keys. We wandered to the driveway where he stopped dead in his tracks.

"You drove yourself here?" he raised his eyebrows.

"Yeah? I can drive too, ya know.."

"How come you don't?"

"Because I don't have a car. I stole Bella's for this occasion." I said, swiftly moving to the driver's side.

"Do you want me to take my car so I can drive myself home later?"

"If you'd like. I can bring you back." I shrugged.

"But I don't want you driving home by yourself when it's dark." he interjected. "I'll just drive mine there. I follow you, you follow me. Whatever."

"Okay, but hurry up and go. I'm on a curfew tonight."

"Alright." he said, pushing himself into his car. He started the ignition and pulled out, with me following quick behind him. I could see him glaring in the mirrors, watching my every single driving move. I shook my head and flipped him the finger, watching him grin widely. I took a shortcut, sending me a few minutes ahead of him. I parked in the driveway and got out, seeing him turn the corner down the street.

My gaze clicked on my dad. He was putting a for-sale sign in front of our house. "Dad, what are you doing?" I called out, running over to where he stood.

"We need to sit down and have a talk." he calmly said. "Hey Alex."

I turned to see Alex walking our direction, looking calm as ever. "What's up Mr. Maddox?" he asked politely, wrapping his arms around me from behind.

"Just putting up a for sale sign." my dad shrugged. "You doing alright son?"

Alex swallowed the lump in his throat before speaking. "Yes, I'm fine. Never been better." he lied, giving my dad a fake smile.

"Good, good. Go inside guys. I'll be out here waiting for Ella."

I nodded, towing Alex along side of me. We walked inside, the heat stinging our cold skin. I led him to the living room, making him sit down on one of the couches. I sat by him, curling close to his warm figure. He grabbed my hand and began toying my fingers in his.

"Dude, what the hell is Dad's problem?" Bella piped, as she ran down the stairs. She sat in the rocking chair and stared at us, examining our body language.

"I don't know. What I wanna know is why the hell we're selling the house?"

"Me too, I like where we live!" she said, being cut off by the door opening and closing. Ella and my dad took a seat on the empty love seat and gave us all warm smiles.

"Now what the hell is going on?" I sighed, getting irritated.

"Okay, girls, here's the thing." my dad started. "Ella and I have a lot of news for you guys, so it may take a few moments to process."

"Well spit it out!" Bella shook her head.

"Well, girls, after a year of dating, your father and I decided to take a step up in our relationship. We're going to get married."

I pursed my lips, not knowing if I should be happy or upset. "And you're selling the house why?"

"For the first reason, I've got a new job. I went back to school and got my degree and I quit the dollar general. Secondly, it's closer and if Ella and I get married we need more room."

"What's the last reason?" Bella asked curiously.

"Ella's pregnant." he shrugged.

My mouth dropped. I closed my mouth before it was noticeable. I glanced up at Alex who was sitting there, staring at the ground and tapping his foot. "I don't know what to say." I breathed, squeezing Alex's hand. He became more alert, throwing his arm around my shoulder.

"Why?" Bella choked. "Why Dad, why?"

"It just happened baby doll."

"Where the hell are we moving to exactly?" I flexed my jaw in annoyance.

"Bridgeview. It's in the rich part of Baltimore. The bad thing is, you'll have to switch schools." she said, frowning.

Anger flared through me. Why was I being forced out of the places that I've known for just one girl? "I live in Bridgeview." Alex whispered in my ear, making my anger subside.

"What were you saying Alex?" my dad asked with asshole written all over his tone.

"I was just saying that I live in Bridgeview. She can ride to school with me everyday, so it's not a problem." he shrugged.

"Well that's good. We start moving Saturday."

I sighed, watching my sister get up and storm through the door. A few seconds later I heard her car engine being revved, and her tires hitting the street. "Alex, can you take me somewhere?" I whispered into his ear. He nodded in response and stood up with me.

"You're leaving too?" my dad sighed, shaking his head.

"Dad, I need to think." I simply said, before walking to the door. I grabbed my coat and towed Alex out with me. It lightly rained, wetting the streets. I walked to his car and tried to pull open the door. It was locked.

"I want to walk." he said, grabbing my hand.

"You'll freeze and get sick." I interjected.

"I don't give a fuck. Gives me a reason to not have to go back to school." he shrugged. I hit his arm, making him smile slightly. "I love you." he whispered, kissing my cheek.

"I love you too." I smiled. He kept his arm around me as we walked down the street to the neighborhood park.

"Look baby, it's snowin'!" he shouted like a small child. I giggled. He sat in a swing, pulling me to sit on his lap. "What's on your mind love?" he asked, gently swaying us back and forth.

"A lot of things. I'm not sure what the hell has gotten into my dad but he's being totally selfish." I sighed.

"I think of it this way, at least you're closer to me if you need a getaway." he murmured, kissing my ear.

"That's the only best part of that. I don't think my dad was too thrilled with you taking me to school everyday with you."

"I don't give a fuck." he smiled. "You're mine and he needs to get over it."

"I know, and I think Bella's getting stuck with the new school because she can't pay for gas to drive there and back everyday." I sighed, hanging my head.

"I'd happily change schools to be with you too."

"But what about your friends? I don't want to pull you away from your best friends because of me."

"If I told them the situation, they'd probably understand." he shrugged. "They'd be fine without me."

"No." I shook my head angrily. "Just go to Dulaney. I'll stay with my sister."

"Nope."

"Yes, Alex, please." I begged.

"Do I ever listen?" he winked, and kissed my cheek. "Don't worry about it baby, we'll figure it out soon."

"Promise?"

"I promise. Can I ask you something?"

"What is it babe?" I asked, a little concerned.

"Whenever they get Tom's funeral arrangements together, will you come to the funeral with me?" he said, unsure.

"Of course."

"Even if it's in England?" he choked.

"I would most definitely go." I smiled, squeezing his hand comfortably.

"I love you so much." he smiled, kissing my lips.

"I love you too. You know what's weird?"

"What?"

"That people are getting pregnant this season." I raised my eyebrows and shook my head.

"I guess I'm not the only one who was thinking that." he laughed.

"It's really weird."

"Wait, you're not pregnant are you?" he asked, narrowing his eyes.

"Oh, Alex! No!" I said, letting out a giggle. "I'm on birth control."

"Okay." he let out a sigh of relief. "I just wanna play it safe. But if something ever happened and you forget to take it and we have a scare, just tell me. Don't hide it from me please."

"I won't."

"Good." he laughed and kissed my neck. "Despite all the drama that's been going on the past few days and today, this day has been perfect."

"Why?" I asked, looking up at him curiously.

"Because I got to see you and spend it with you." he said, making my lips part into a slight smile. "God dammit your smile is so perfect."

"Shut up." I giggled.

"It is!"

"No, It-" I was cut off by him kissing me lovingly. "I hate it when you do that."

"What? Me cutting you off by kissing you?" he laughed. "Ah it's cold!"

"Do you wanna head back?"

"If you want to we will. I kinda enjoy the swing." he winked.

"Oh God." I gigged.

"I think i'll just stay at Jack's tonight. He owes a explanation too." he sighed, stroking my back.

"Or you can just explain tomorrow and park in his driveway and sleep in my room." I smiled hopefully.

"I might take you up on that offer. We haven't cuddled lately."

"Well let's go!" I giggled, jumping up. I grabbed his hands and pulled him out of the swing. The snow began to stick, dusting the grass with a sparkling white color.

"Maybe it'll snow all night so we won't have to go to school tomorrow." he laughed, keeping me close to his side.

"It'd be nice. I like it better when it snows on Christmas better though." I shrugged.

"That's another month from now though. I like the cold weather because I'm never cold." he smirked, kissing my temple.

"I love it when you smirk."

"I know, it's so sexy." he laughed, walking us carefully up the slick sidewalk.

"Shut up, or i'll knock your ass down!" I giggled along with him, giving him a slight push against the froze over water.

"Psh! No. Let me take care of my car and i'll be up in a minute." he said, jumping into his car.

"Okay babe, be careful please."

"Never!" he opposed.

"Alexander William." I said sternly, looking at him sparingly.

"Sorry, sorry. I will." he apologized, giving the engine power. I walked up the sidewalk quickly and opened the door. I took my coat off and ran up the stairs. I ran up to my room and pulled off my clothes I wore for the day and replaced them with my warm usual flannel pajama pants. I laid down in bed, waiting to hear Alex fall through the window.

"Fuck!" he cursed, stepping through my window and shutting it behind him.

"Shut up so you don't draw attention. Will you shut off the light and make sure the door's locked?"

"Yeah." he said, running across the room and locked the door. He shut the light off and made his way to the bed. "Damn, I'm taking some clothes off."

"Don't take too much off now." I giggled.

"I'm down to a shirt and my boxers, that cool?" he asked sliding into the bed.

"I'm fine with that. Less clothing on you, more warmth."

"Oh please." he objected.

"Hush and keep me warm."

"Whatever you say baby." he said, pulling me into his warm chest. I grew very comfortable as he began to stroke my back with his left hand and twirl my hair with the other. "I love you baby." he whispered before I nearly fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah, sad chapter kinda, but I'm trying to lighten things. But deep down, he's feelin' it. :(
Thanks for reading and commenting guys. :D
I'm still taking ideas.. no? Okay..
Comment, Subscribe, Ideas.