A Lot of Potential

Scared

The flight was a long seven hours. We arrived in London shortly after 2 AM. He towed my tired body through the airport to get our baggage. As we waited I leaned against him, resting my cheek on his arm.

"Baby you gotta stay awake." he whispered in my ear and touched my face.

"I'm so tired." I whined, burying my face into his side.

"I know, but you gotta stay awake. I can't carry you and our bags."

"Why not?"

"Because I'm not superman." he shook his head, smirking.

"Well you should be." I sighed.

"And I'm not. There's our bags." he said, stepping away from me. He picked up both of the bags from the platform and nodded towards the exit. "Lets go love."

"Mmkay." I said, still half-asleep. I followed him to the door of the main exit. The doors slid open for us. Cold air stung my body, making me shake in shock. "It's cold."

"I know, there's a taxi waiting for us so we won't be out for long."

"Where?" I shivered, pushing myself closer to him.

"It's over there." he said, nodding towards a taxi waiting on us.

We walked over to the parked black station-wagon and pulled open the back door. He slid our bags into the seat by the window, allowing me the middle seat. I slid into it, waiting for him to join me. I melted into the warmth of his side, closing my eyes waiting for the car to move.

"Haley, wake up." Alex whispered. I felt like I was only asleep for a moment when I realized we were in front of a large hotel.

"When did we get here?" I yawned, getting out of the car.

"A few minutes ago. I already checked in and got the bags." he said, wrapping his arm around me.

"Mmm, just carry me."

"This is so informal." he laughed, cradling me in his arms.

"I don't care." I rested my head on his shoulder, closing my eyes again.

"God damn I hate elevators." he cursed, pressing a button.

"Why?"

"I got trapped in one of these things one time with Jack, Rian and Zack." he shook his head. "It was horrid." The doors opened and he quickly walked out. He walked down the hallway and stopped in front of a wooden door. "I'm gonna have to put you down for a second."

"Okay." I say, catching my balance. I watched through my half-opened eyelids as he slid the key in the lock. He pushed open the door that led to a luxury suite. I pushed past him and walked to the bed. I kicked off my boots and undid the button on my jeans, pulling them down my legs.

"Don't you want to put your pajamas on?" he laughed, digging through his bag.

"I don't have time for it. I'm tired." I say, pulling myself under the covers.

"Whatever you say." he said, taking off his jeans. He flipped the light off and got in bed, snuggling close to me. He touched my thigh with his hand, making me flinch.

"Alex don't do that, your hands are cold!"

"That's why I did it." he chuckled, doing it again.

"Stop!" I whined, slamming my fist into his chest.

"Ouch! Fine, don't be any fun."

"Shut up and go to sleep Alex." I hissed, moving away from him. A moment of silence passed, making me feel bad about being a bitch. "Alex?"

"Yeah babe?"

"I'm sorry." I whispered, pulling myself closer to him. "I'm sorry I'm so emotional lately, I-"

"Baby, don't worry about it. I understand." he kissed my forehead. "Everything's gonna be fine. Get you some sleep, we've got another long day tomorrow."

"Okay."

"Goodnight, I love you." he whispered, placing a soft kiss on my lips.

"D-do you?" I murmured quietly, hoping he didn't hear my words of stupidity. Why would I ask a question like that when I knew he did?

He jolted up, flipping on the light. My eyes fixed on his semi-angry expression. Fuck. "Haley, I love you more than I can express. I love you more than anything. I can't live without you baby."

"Alex I'm sorry." I say, beginning to cry.

"Don't cry, please." he whispered, cradling my body against his chest.

"I'm sorry."

"Quit apologizing. There's nothing to be sorry for."

"I'm stupid Alex. I shouldn't of asked you that when I knew you did." I sobbed.

"It's fine." he said, running his hand up and down my back. He held me close, consoling me until the tears quit. I quickly felt at ease when I fell asleep in his warm arms.

________________________________________________

"Love wake up." he said, poking my cheek lightly.

I pushed my eyes open, forgetting how to blink, examining him laying on his side with his head propped up on his elbow. I groaned and sat up, not wanting to move at all. He smiled seductively at me, touching my face with his hand. "What time is it?" I yawned, stretching my arms above my head.

"It's about 9:25."

"Really?" I sighed. "What's on our agenda today?"

"I've held back telling you that the funeral is this evening." he frowned, rubbing the back of his neck. "We have to be ready soon. My father is coming to get us and will be taking us to Tom's mother's house."

"Oh." I say, looking at the ceiling.

"I've already showered so the shower is all yours." he nodded towards the bathroom. I sighed and sat up, tossing my legs from the bed. I walked quickly towards the bathroom door before I heard him call my name. "Haley babe?"

"Yeah?" I say, looking over my shoulder.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

I progressed into the shower area, shutting the door behind me. I looked in the mirror to see a living, breathing mess. I pulled my tank-top off and threw it on the floor, pulling my undergarments off afterwards. I walked to the tub and shower, examining the handles. "What?" I said to myself. I couldn't figure out how to start it. Just my fucking luck.

I grabbed a large white towel sitting on the counter and wrapped it around my body, pulling open the door. "Babe?" I called out to Alex, who was laying on the bed, watching television.

"Yeah?"

"Um. How do you start the shower?" I asked, standing there awkwardly, listening to him laugh. He got up and walked into the bathroom, pulling up a knob and turning the handle a full three hundred and sixty degrees.

"There." he smirked, making me want to push him into the shower.

"Shut up." I shook my head, removing the towel from my body.

"I don't wanna." he said, pushing himself up on the counter.

"What's the weather like today?" I asked, running myself under the water.

"Rainy and cold." he sighed.

"Joy."

"I know. Welcome to London baby!" he laughed. "I'm not ready for this. Not ready at all."

"I know you're not. But lets be positive, okay?"

"Lets. I'm a little at ease knowing you're here with me." he admitted.

"I'm here for you." I giggled. "Okay, now how do you turn this thing off."

The curtain opened slightly as he stuck his arm in and turned the shower off for me. "There." he said, handing me my towel. I got out carefully, making sure I didn't slip up and fall.

"Do I put my dress on now or do I just put something else on for the moment?"

"Well I'm just going to wear regular clothes at the moment, so I would just say wear regular. Change later." he shrugged.

"Okay," I say, yanking the brush through my hair. I turned on the hair-dryer, running it through layers of my hair. When I was finished, I plugged my straightener in like I would any other day, fixing the annoying curls. He sat on the counter and watched me, his brown eyes burning a hole in my skin. "stare much Alexander?" I giggled, hitting the off button on my straightener.

"Only 'cause you're so beautiful."

"No." I shook my head. "I'm not."

"Yeah you are."

"No I'm not." I say, applying a layer of light grey eyeshadow on my eyelid.

"Yeah you are. You mesmerize me so much, I can't speak."

"No." I smiled widely at him. I began putting on my eyeliner, making a thick layer on top.

"Any possible chance that later I can get you and me in bed, with that dress on the floor?" he appealingly smiled in my direction, looking me straight in the eyes.

I burst out in laughter, shaking my head slightly. "We'll see."

"We'll most definitely see." he winked.

"You kill me."

"I hope not." he said, pushing himself to his feet.

"Ah, shut up!"

"No!"

"Yes!" I shouted, running into him. He stumbled backwards, pulling me down with him. "Ow." he laughed hysterically.

"Great footwork!" I laughed along with him, resting my chin on his chest.

"Thank you. You got us into this."

"You refused to shut up."

"Because I will not." he kissed my forehead. "Get off of me."

"No." I hastily said.

"Yes you will."

"No!" I screamed, as he flipped me on my back. I laid on my back on the cold white tile with him hovering over me. I sat up and kissed his lips and ran my fingers through his hair. "No more." I giggled, scooting away from him.

"Aw. Don't excite me then." he made a puppy dog face.

"I need to get dressed if your father's coming soon. I don't think pushing the limits and getting serious on the bathroom floor is going to buy us any time."

"You are right." he nodded, standing up. He grabbed my hands and pulled me to my feet. "I was so close to having you naked too! Damn!" he chuckled, eyeing the large white towel that was still placed around my body.

"Ugh!" I groaned. "I don't know what I'm going to do with you."

"I don't know, but get dressed. My dad will be here any minute." he pointed towards the door, giving me a slight push.

"Okay." I nodded, walking into the main area and grabbing my bag. I pulled out a pair of denim skinny jeans and a grey long-sleeved shirt, putting them on quickly. "Are we staying here?"

"No sadly, we're not. We're going to stay at my dad's friend Samuel's guest house. We'll have that all to ourselves so it's fine." he smiled, fixing the collar of his red plaid shirt.

A light knock at the door interrupted us, making us turn towards the front door. "I'll get it." I nod towards him, pulling open the door. His father, a spitting image of Alex, stood there smiling warmly at me.

"Haley it's very nice to see you." he said, his British accent flowing deeply. "Doing well I see?"

"It's very nice to see you too Mr. Gaskarth, and I"m doing well. Please, come in."

"Where's my son?"

"Well, he was right behind me. He disappeared when I got the door.." I laughed lightly.

"I'm here!" Alex enthusiastically said, springing from the bathroom entry.

"Alex there's no time for playing around." his dad said, shaking his head. "Is everything ready so we can take it down to the car? Lily's waiting."

"Yes sir." he nodded, picking up my bag.

"Lets go." Mr. Gaskarth said, grabbing his son's bag and fleeing from the room.

"Come on baby." he whispered, grabbing my hand, towing us out of the room behind his father. We were in the main lobby in a matter of seconds, allowing Alex to return the hotel room key. We walked out large glass doors and into the rain, blowing cold wind on us.

His father sat in the driver's seat, allowing us and our bags the backseat like last night. We rode in silence, staring out the rain-covered window until we were out of the London city-limits. Just outside the city, there was a large farm-like home that was located off a dirty road. His father parked the car and we all got out. I kept close to Alex's side as we approached the front door, knocking loudly. I swallowed the lump in my throat, scared to face the next events.
♠ ♠ ♠
Warning folks, have a box a tissues for the next chapter. :3
Just a fair warning ahead of time! I would of just wrote it in with this, but I'm tired and my two writing days are up. Thank you for reading this and I love all of you and the lovely comments I get.
Comment, Subscribe and leave your ideas! Please! :D